Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cuomo FINALLY being criticized/Cuomo Resigns/CA Newsom Recall

zyxt9

He did this shit over 6 months ago. It was ok back when Trump was POTUS because he could spar with Trump so Dems turned a blind eye...but make no mistake this shit should have surfaced many months ago.

At least the Dems are finally stepping up and it didn't require a bunch of people senselessly dying like with Trump and the DC riots.

Oh, right...Cuomo actually made decisions that killed more and covered up data. Giving credit to all the Dems for finally calling him out...better than Reps did in not convicting Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y4S.gif

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/12/nyregion/new-york-nursing-homes-cuomo.html

MSM is apparently about 6-9 months behind, as this was all understood that far back by many. That includes Trump who kept asking the MSM to look into this, but they were more focused on propping up anyone who made Trump appear to be the villain in NY's COVID infections and deaths.

Hell, MSM was even begging Cuomo to run for POTUS because they viewed him to be such a superstar and were afraid Biden would not win.

Of course, this is like many scandalous situations...it is less important what the person did and far more important that they recognized it was wrong and - instead of being honest - decide to go the route of covering it up.

Glad to see the Dems are supporting calls for his resignation...just as I was glad to see a few Reps vote for Trump's impeachment. Neither of these guys should be allowed to run for public office again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/12/nyregion/new-york-nursing-homes-cuomo.html

MSM is apparently about 6-9 months behind, as this was all understood that far back by many. That includes Trump who kept asking the MSM to look into this, but they were more focused on propping up anyone who made Trump appear to be the villain in NY's COVID infections and deaths.

Hell, MSM was even begging Cuomo to run for POTUS because they viewed him to be such a superstar and were afraid Biden would not win.

Of course, this is like many scandalous situations...it is less important what the person did and far more important that they recognized it was wrong and - instead of being honest - decide to go the route of covering it up.

Glad to see the Dems are supporting calls for his resignation...just as I was glad to see a few Reps vote for Trump's impeachment. Neither of these guys should be allowed to run for public office again.

Thanks for providing a link. I legit had no idea what you were referring to. All make sense now. :cheers:

Thanks for providing a link. I legit had no idea what you were referring to. All make sense now. :cheers:

Yeah, I provided the link on the thread that?s already been about all this and has existed for almost a year already two days ago, thank you very much.

Yeah, I provided the link on the thread that?s already been about all this and has existed for almost a year already two days ago, thank you very much.

I bailed on the covid thread for the betterment of my mental health.

I think there's something to this. Since whaddaboutism works as well as it does, and Trump provided a whaddabout for anything crappy thing anyone else could ever do, now that he's gone, we can start criticizing other terrible stuff again.

I think there's something to this. Since whaddaboutism works as well as it does, and Trump provided a whaddabout for anything crappy thing anyone else could ever do, now that he's gone, we can start criticizing other terrible stuff again.

Yeah, I really wasn't debating the merits of the point he was making. I just didn't understand the point he was making.

But you're right, no politician should be above criticism. People becoming 'fans' of politicians and their brand is a terrible direction for the country.

It will be refreshing to shine some light on something other than the best president since Reagan for once.

Yeah, I really wasn't debating the merits of the point he was making. I just didn't understand the point he was making.

But you're right, no politician should be above criticism. People becoming 'fans' of politicians and their brand is a terrible direction for the country.

It will be refreshing to shine some light on something other than the best president since Reagan for once.

To again reiterate - for a conservative, field wasn’t that deep.

For a conservative, the choices are Bush, and Bush.

Policy wise, there were a number of things for a conservative to have liked about Trump: I’m conservative about some things; I agree he got a number of things right.

My problem with Trump was always...what’s the word? Oh yeah. The whole obviously a sociopath thing. Was always a red flag.

Last edited:
Term Limits can solve this sort of abuse of power. It works in MI. The same should apply for all Federal officers, senators and congress"people".

Link: Report: FBI Now Probing Cuomo?s Corporate Immunity Law:
The probe follows a Daily Poster investigative series detailing how one of Cuomo?s biggest donors, the Greater New York Hospital Association (GNYHA) ? a lobby group that represents hospital systems and nursing home operators ? said it ?drafted and aggressively advocated for? the corporate immunity provision. Cuomo?s administration quietly inserted the measure into his state?s budget as thousands lay dying from COVID-19 in New York nursing homes.

Critics say that the immunity law removed a key deterrent to corporate malfeasance, and victims and their families were subsequently stripped of their legal rights. Cuomo?s original executive order shielding front line health care workers from lawsuits was widely reported, but not the governor?s separate budget language extending immunity to hospital and nursing home corporations? executives and board members.​

Shielding management, executives, and board members from negligence and malfeasance has bipartisan support though, so...

Too funny. You can't make this stuff up - founders (plural) of #MeToo movement group "Time's Up" advised Cuomo on how to smear his accusers. Reminds me of how NOW leaders attacked and did all they could to discredit Bill Clinton's accusers because of his pro abortion stance.

Edit: of course this is probably a distraction - a way to get rid of Cuomo without investigating his mismanagement of the COVID nursing home deaths.

Last edited:
Too funny. You can't make this stuff up - founders (plural) of #MeToo movement group "Time's Up" advised Cuomo on how to smear his accusers. Reminds me of how NOW leaders attacked and did all they could to discredit Bill Clinton's accusers because of his pro abortion stance.

Edit: of course this is probably a distraction - a way to get rid of Cuomo without investigating his mismanagement of the COVID nursing home deaths.

Biden DOJ already let em off the hook for the covid nursing home deaths. nothing to see there, move along. Most of the dems are never held accountable for anything. It's just the way it is on this god forsaken rock.

nursing home cover ups, no big deal, touch someone inappropriately, world coming to and end. welcome to clown world.

Last edited:
Biden DOJ already let em off the hook for the covid nursing home deaths. nothing to see there, move along. Most of the dems are never held accountable for anything. It's just the way it is on this god forsaken rock.

nursing home cover ups, no big deal, touch someone inappropriately, world coming to and end. welcome to clown world.

yeah, I know but it's this way by design, not because inappropriate touching is worse than killing old people. It wasn't just Cuomo that was going to go down in the nursing home scandal and cover up. The AG catches a little flack for declining to investigate but when Cuomo gets taken down for being sexual predator people are satisfied they got their pound of flesh and his coconspirators in the nursing home scandal are off the hook - much less messy for the Dems that way.

Back