Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cuomo FINALLY being criticized/Cuomo Resigns/CA Newsom Recall

There are so many ways to express my happiness about this, but I shall try to be as polite as possible and simply say...FINALLY! That and I still hope criminal and civil lawsuits are in his very near future. And I hope no one in the Cuomo family is ever in the political or national spotlight again in any way other than due to lawsuits, jail....and death.

There are so many ways to express my happiness about this, but I shall try to be as polite as possible and simply say...FINALLY! That and I still hope criminal and civil lawsuits are in his very near future. And I hope no one in the Cuomo family is ever in the political or national spotlight again in any way other than due to lawsuits, jail....and death.

He resigned for sexual harassment, but killing old people in nursing homes is okay, because both parties did it.

I guess here the ends justify the means. I'm also glad he's gone. Wolf in sheep's clothing. Other than the "D" next to his name, I'm not sure why Republicans hated him so much... he consistently undermined and blocked the left wing of his party.

Yesterday, Cuomo said he would not resign. And then he resigns. I wonder who told him to.

Link

I mean, the enemies of Those In Power are defined not by party, but by presence and their unwillingness to play along.

Last edited:
He resigned for sexual harassment, but killing old people in nursing homes is okay, because both parties did it.

I guess here the ends justify the means. I'm also glad he's gone. Wolf in sheep's clothing. Other than the "D" next to his name, I'm not sure why Republicans hated him so much... he consistently undermined and blocked the left wing of his party.

And both Reps and Dems should be held accountable for those killings, just as they both should be accountable when they commit sexual harassment. I'm looking at Trump specifically as someone who deserved the same fate as Cuomo. The two of them are peas in the same pod IMO, just on opposite ends of said pod.

Yesterday, Cuomo said he would not resign. And then he resigns. I wonder who told him to.

Link

I mean, the enemies of Those In Power are defined not by party, but by presence and their unwillingness to play along.

Everybody told him to.

Some talking heads are saying more progressive Democrats are glad he?s gone.

AOC is old enough to run.

Link

this news story broke yesterday, about one of his (particularly nasty) lieutenants jumping ship, and people were commenting that he'd be next.

guessing he just figured he wasn't going to fight on alone, or people nearer to him wouldn't hold the line, or would knife him too.

Those were the days.

For any Republitards predisposed to gloat, and be amused at the parade of limousine libtard celebs lining up to kiss Andrew?s ass such a short time ago, the fun begins @5:45 with Spike.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qAL7z4cvPuU

why do you think only Republitards would want to gloat?

I despise these people as well. Their "BELIEVE WOMEN" schtick was obviously hypocritical and flimsy, and didn't apply if the woman was outside the "corporate/liberal" part of the party.

Who told them to tell him to? Is what I'm getting at.

I don?t know. They probably all came to their own conclusions.

Schumer and NYC Mayor Diblasio been saying it a long time.

J?Biden just came to the party.

why do you think only Republitards would want to gloat?

I despise these people as well. Their "BELIEVE WOMEN" schtick was obviously hypocritical and flimsy, and didn't apply if the woman was outside the "corporate/liberal" part of the party.

Feel free to gloat away then, my friend.

Who told them to tell him to? Is what I'm getting at.

presumably when "insiders" like DeRosa bailed on him, he realized the party wouldn't back him anymore, and read the writing on the wall himself. or maybe he still couldn't get it through his thick skull and they had to tell him they'd primary him in the next election? who knows what other leverage they had. I'm not sure when he's up for reelection or if NY has a recall law.

maybe withOUT the party backing him, he'd know he wouldn't be able to get anything through the state legislature, and resigned to avoid the humiliation of being a lame duck for the rest of his term

Last edited by a moderator:
presumably when "insiders" like DeRosa bailed on him, he realized the party wouldn't back him anymore, and read the writing on the wall himself. or maybe he still couldn't get it through his thick skull and they had to tell him they'd primary him in the next election? who knows what other leverage they had. I'm not sure when he's up for reelection or if NY has a recall law.

maybe withOUT the party backing him, he'd know he wouldn't be able to get anything through the state legislature, and resigned to avoid the humiliation of being a lame duck for the rest of his term

Not only was his own party not going to back him, they, through the state legislature they control, were almost surely going to impeach and remove him.

The reports are he has been scrambling behind the scenes these last few days trying to make a deal with the legislature to not be impeached in exchange for his promise not to seek another election.

No dice.

That was the writing and the leverage.

Reminiscent of the Barry Goldwater?s fabled visit to the White House that day in August of 1974.

The Democrats did not have the 2/3 majority it would?ve taken to remove Nixon in the Senate.

But there were enough Republicans-including Goldwater him self-who would have voted for removal to make up the difference.

KgoIF.gif

Not only was his own party not going to back him, they, through the state legislature they control, were almost surely going to impeach and remove him.

The reports are he has been scrambling behind the scenes these last few days trying to make a deal with the legislature to not be impeached in exchange for his promise not to seek another election.

No dice.

That was the writing and the leverage.

Reminiscent of the Barry Goldwater?s fabled visit to the White House that day in August of 1974.

The Democrats did not have the 2/3 majority it would?ve taken to remove Nixon in the Senate.

But there were enough Republicans-including Goldwater him self-who would have voted for removal to make up the difference.

NYT

a statement from Karl Hastie, the assembly speaker, that he would not be striking any compromise with Mr. Cuomo to stave off impeachment proceedings?

Back