Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dad shoots his daughter's laptop

The only problem I have with this video is I wish he would have used a 12 GA.

MI_Thumb said:
Sorry mitch, that is far from me being irritated LOL

I don't see how you get irritation out of that quote, but whatever.

I already used angry and it was the best word I could think of at the time.

:)

adam86107 said:

ah, yeah. blasting objects to smithereens is maybe the only reason I wished I lived in the country sometimes... can't do that in the city without breaking the law and attracting attention.

have thought about buying a plot of land somewhere a couple hours outside of chicago solely for this purpose.

MichChamp02 said:
adam86107 said:

ah, yeah. blasting objects to smithereens is maybe the only reason I wished I lived in the country sometimes... can't do that in the city without breaking the law and attracting attention.

have thought about buying a plot of land somewhere a couple hours outside of chicago solely for this purpose.

I have a potato gun that can give a potato 10 seconds of hangtime...but I rarely have the space to use it. I don't think it's illegal, but it's definitely not safe.

When you make a potato gun using a piece of 3" aluminum conduit, and use acetylene/oxygen as your fill gas, get back to me.

We shot our gun and hit our 300ft water tower at work, and dented it.

P.S. make sure to count fingers after shooting.

MI_Thumb said:
When you make a potato gun using a piece of 3" aluminum conduit, and use acetylene/oxygen as your fill gas, get back to me.

was the boss like "Goddammit, Get back to work!"?

MichChamp02 said:
MI_Thumb said:

was the boss like "Goddammit, Get back to work!"?

I was a boss, and we built it with the guys from the machine shop and maintenance on a partial shift weekend.

It was a project built mostly out of boredom.

MI_Thumb said:

Mine is just PVC and air pressure. Probably can't dent a 300 ft water tower. I absolutely could hit it though, which isn't easy to do with just 100-120 psi. When we were testing it in the lab, we did dent a metal lab cabinet with a balled-up sheet of paper.

Our boss put us up to it. It was a joint lake party with a chem lab. Our job was to build the gun, their was to make the potato light up so we could see it at night. All they came up with was potatoes with strips of magnesium attached. But the magnesium always fell out when you fired the thing. I don't think they were taking their job seriously.

Ours was a one shot and done thing, since it cracked the conduit and made the guy shooting it wonder if he had lost fingers, he said it felt like hitting fire hydrant with a baseball bat full swing, when it's cold out.

Plus, we only had one potato that someone brought in for dinner.

We used to make bombs out of dry ice and pop bottles, great prank to pull on someone. Take an empty pop bottle, put in about 1/4 of the way with dry ice crystals, and super glue the cap on, and just set it down near someone and walk away.

You would be surprised how loud a pop bottle exploding would be.

MI_Thumb said:
Ours was a one shot and done thing, since it cracked the conduit and made the guy shooting it wonder if he had lost fingers, he said it felt like hitting fire hydrant with a baseball bat full swing, when it's cold out.

We used to make bombs out of dry ice and pop bottles, great prank to pull on someone. Take an empty pop bottle, put in about 1/4 of the way with dry ice crystals, and super glue the cap on, and just set it down near someone and walk away.

the diet coke and mentos rocket (or fountain, if you leave the cap off) is cooler.

MI_Thumb said:

Wow. Sounds like that guy is lucky he didn't get hurt. It's amazing how people are drawn to potentially dangerous things to watch. I was asked to build a low pressure chamber once and someone had an old acrylic fishtank they volunteered for the job. I did a calculation and decided the thing would fail, but I was told to try it anyway. Of course the whole lab showed up to watch. It failed. The implosion was awesome.

what kinda world do you live in that people tell you to build low pressure chambers out of old acrylic fishtanks?

that's some serious MSU caliber shit, right there.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Wow. Then no wonder you're on the teenagers side.

If I was the dad. Id sell the lab top, and buy cleaning supplies for her.

Wow?? I'm on nobody's side, you goof. The kid obviously writes shit on Facebook because she doesn't feel she can have a relationship with her parents and is probably looking for attention. Which is wrong. You should always be able to approach your parents.
Then, you have the Dad who's obviously an attention whore himself. He blasts a laptop with his big pistola like some raging cowboy and stuttering and stammering the whole fn time...lol. What a hero.

Bottom line, the whole fn family needs counselling.

Read between the lines, genius. Think about it....

MichChamp02 said:
what kinda world do you live in that people tell you to build low pressure chambers out of old acrylic fishtanks?

that's some serious MSU caliber shit, right there.

Same world where I'm told to build a potato gun.

The guy that suggested it wasn't an ME. I said I didn't think you could drop the pressure very far before it would implode. Boss said do it anyway, and let him know when we were going to implode it.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Try filling your spud gun with acetylene. That will put your 10 seconds to shame.

Not this gun. I think it would just blow up. The pressure chamber is 6 ft long and 6 in diameter.

Red and Guilty said:
[quote="MI_Thumb":4xfuguhd]When you make a potato gun using a piece of 3" aluminum conduit, and use acetylene/oxygen as your fill gas, get back to me.

Mine is just PVC and air pressure. Probably can't dent a 300 ft water tower. I absolutely could hit it though, which isn't easy to do with just 100-120 psi. When we were testing it in the lab, we did dent a metal lab cabinet with a balled-up sheet of paper.

Our boss put us up to it. It was a joint lake party with a chem lab. Our job was to build the gun, their was to make the potato light up so we could see it at night. All they came up with was potatoes with strips of magnesium attached. But the magnesium always fell out when you fired the thing. I don't think they were taking their job seriously.[/quote:4xfuguhd]

Ha!

BUMP!

So, the dad just went on tv and bit the bullet and admitted what he did was as bad/worse than what his daughter did.

Said he also never thought it would go viral, to which Matt Lauer said, wait, aren't you an IT guy?

So to all you who thought he needed a pat on the back after what he did, guess he no longer thinks so.

Back