Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Delmon Young

If I had to pick 1 or the other it would be Young, as much as I dislike him, because I guess he has potential to get a little better.

Raburn.....I would dance around his flaming corpse if someone doused him in gasoline and set him ablaze.

Then I'd push Inge onto him.

MI_Thumb said:
If I had to pick 1 or the other it would be Young, as much as I dislike him, because I guess he has potential to get a little better.

Raburn.....I would dance around his flaming corpse if someone doused him in gasoline and set him ablaze.

And this is why it is hard to debate with some fans. You obviously have a lingering hatred for Raburn that clouds your judgement. You disregard contracts and stats because you don't want to see Raburn.

So you are basically saying that the biggest plus that Delmon Young has is that his name isn't Ryan Raburn.

Nice.

ihatebadenglish said:
MI_Thumb said:

And this is why it is hard to debate with some fans. You obviously have a lingering hatred for Raburn that clouds your judgement. You disregard contracts and stats because you don't want to see Raburn.

So you are basically saying that the biggest plus that Delmon Young has is that his name isn't Ryan Raburn.

Nice.

No, stats and contracts are figured into my "dance around the fire" equation.

Dude, you do realize he was putrid for 3 months? He can have better numbers and it wouldn't mean shit. Games at the beginning of the year mean just as much. He blows, face it. Is he better than Inge, sure, but he still blows. And hope he's gone after the season.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Dude, you do realize he was putrid for 3 months? He can have better numbers and it wouldn't mean shit. Games at the beginning of the year mean just as much. He blows, face it. Is he better than Inge, sure, but he still blows. And hope he's gone after the season.

Then I suppose we should get rid of Boesch as well. This is two years in a row that he has sucked in the 2nd half. These games count, too.

BB is in year two. Not year 6. And funny how many wanted BB gone at years start. Raburn is crap.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]BB is in year two. Not year 6. And funny how many wanted BB gone at years start. Raburn is crap.

This is pretty funny.

Raburn has had a better OPS than Young in 3 of the 5 months this year.

In the other two months Young had him out dueled .448 to .270 (May) and .754 to .657 (June).

Sign him up for $6M, DD!

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
mjsb2 said:
Raburn has been better than Young since the start of 2009.

Can somebody tell me why Young is likely to outproduce him next year?

The question isn't who is better but if you want .210 for 3 months before he heats up? Or 3 months of good and then 3 months of crap. I'm just hoping for consistency.

Bad players are inconsistent on a month to month basis.

Raburn is, but so is Young.

And for Raburn, it is hardly 3 bad then 3 good.

His monthly splits show that to be true.

And even if that were the case, I'd want the guy who posted the better overall numbers, regardless of their monthly splits.

I don't think we can blame Boesch for the down-turn this year. I'd like to see y'all bat with a torn ligament in your thumb. Probably feels like getting stabbed in the hand each time bat hits ball. Sounds FUN!!!!

cmlfactor said:
I don't think we can blame Boesch for the down-turn this year. I'd like to see y'all bat with a torn ligament in your thumb. Probably feels like getting stabbed in the hand each time bat hits ball. Sounds FUN!!!!

Boesch was great in April and June, terrible in May and August. Average for him in July.

This thread has been about being consistent from month to month, which he isn't, independent of his injury.

Which is not to say that Boesch is garbage, just that Raburn has different rules because posters don't like him.

Back