Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dems don't want the Presidency

Would now be a good time to play my racism card?

Seriously though, I think you underestimate Trump's popularity where it counts. I can easily see him beating just about any candidate, including Cuomo with another loss in the popular vote (although, to be fair the shine on Cuomo from the early days of the pandemic has tarnished a bit and he's not the sure thing people thought he might be).

Last edited:
The interview is here.

Crackuh ass ol? white people tryin? to talk like they black is just FUNNY!

He's right to hide in a bunker. The more he talks, the less I like him. Probably true of most politicians. That's why the Dems should run a wet dishrag. Wet dishrags keep their mouths shut.

Don't despair ... as long as we keep lining up at the information trough, they will continue to feed us slop. There will be another, more outrageous comment by someone tomorrow to satisfy our fix.

Until some one has the sand to do this on the air: EDITED … this is the clip I was actually looking for. (Go to 1:42)

https://youtu.be/c5Gf0VKXk5Q?t=107

Last edited:

congrats, you found a bunch of instances of the word, 90% of which are me making sarcastic remarks - not exactly pulling any cards - the rest are me quoting others actually accusing people of racism, i.e. "pulling the racism card." Good job, you really proved a point - but it's my point you've proved, not yours.

it's actually quite pretty funny that you never once challenged MC for "pulling the racism card" when it was his only arrow in the quiver or for constantly accusing the opposition of being racist - until that one time he suggested you were racist, then you actually took that idiot seriously and you got your panties all in a wad. You never said a word about Vic throwing around the "N" word in a tirade but you look at this obviously sarcastic remark mocking MC for the absurdly stupid crap he says. but then you read me making obviously sarcastic remarks like this,

Not really, at least not according to the theory as I understand it. See the GOP is run by a bunch of old, horny, misogynistic white men (who are also irredeemably racist, of course). These men can't control themselves and their social maturity is at roughly a 5th grade level so when they see an attractive woman, they let her know they like her by attacking her policies. This problem is not universal and doesn't extend to people on the left, even the old white dudes.

mocking him for having 1 arrow in his quiver and you tell me I'm always pulling the racism card.

Last edited:
congrats, you found a bunch of instances of the word, 90% of which are me making sarcastic remarks - not exactly pulling any cards - the rest are where I quote others actually accusing people of racism, i.e. "pulling the racism card." Good job, you really proved a point - sadly for you, it's my point, not yours.

The sarcasm is exactly the thing I'm talking about. It's been years and you are still sarcastically calling everything racist. I'm not challenging the sarcasm or asserting that you're doing the same thing as when most people 'play the race card'. I can be bad at sarcasm, but come on. Everybody knows you're playing it sarcastically.

Last edited:
The sarcasm is exactly the thing I'm talking about. It's been years and you are still sarcastically calling everything racist. I'm not challenging the sarcasm or asserting that you're doing the same thing as when most people 'play the race card'. I can be bad at sarcasm, but come on. Everybody knows you're playing it sarcastically.

If it's been years it's because it's gone on for years and hasn't stopped so yeah, I continue to mock it, whether it comes from MC or De Blasio, Pelosi, the WHO, etc, etc.

Again, it's interesting that you call out the sarcastic mocking of it, but have no issue with absurd accusations - except again, that one time when MC said you were racist and you got your panties all in a wad about it.

mocking him for having 1 arrow in his quiver and you tell me I'm always pulling the racism card.

I think you're missing what I said. Here it is again:
I've missed a lot of posts. Has something happened in the last year to reignite your racism card thing, or are you still carrying on from what seems like years ago?

I think you're missing what I said. Here it is again:

I'm not missing a thing - I'm saying quite clearly in response to your exact words, it's not my racism card thing. I don't have a racism card, I mock people who think they do.

The interview is here.

Crackuh ass ol? white people tryin? to talk like they black is just FUNNY!

Symone Sanders defending Biden's remarks about black people is no less hypocritical than Tarana Burke's "accountable and electable" comments about his alleged sexual assault.

Biden isn't high enough on the hierarchy of virtue to get away with it, but he's not a conservative and a lot of folks realize it's too late in the game to do anything about him, so he'll get a conditional pass.

that one time when MC said you were racist and you got your panties all in a wad about it.

I had to look this up.

Should I have not reacted? I mean, he lumped me in with you! But I argued with him and he changed his tune right away to calling me just 'naive', and then, and here's the kicker, it didn't bother me so much that I carried on about it for years.

apologies, I didn't read your whole post. A lot of times, I never get past the 3rd sentence, with this one I only got through 2 before I jumped to a conclusion and responded. To respond to the second half, you are horrible at sarcasm and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible, but you do suck at it, likely really badly (fyi, this post is mostly sarcastic, but not completely).

I had to look this up.

Should I have not reacted? I mean, he lumped me in with you! But I argued with him and he changed his tune right away to calling me just 'naive', and then, and here's the kicker, it didn't bother me so much that I carried on about it for years.

that's not the kicker, it's not like he did it once and I continued to harp on it. he continued making the accusation for years, at me directly and at anyone who didn't share his worldview, so I continued mocking him for it for years and I make no apologies for it. And it's not just MC - in fact, he's probably not smart enough to have come up with it on his own. Conservatives have the accusation hurled at them constantly, he probably picked it up on some leftist blog like all his other unoriginal ideas.

and no, I don't think you should have reacted the way you did. Don't be offended by such absurdly false accusation, no matter how ugly - everyone else is smart enough to know he's full of shit (except maybe Not White Vic, he's quite fond of the tactic). The accusation itself is a clear indication that he's lost the argument, don't feed into it. Reject it outright and mock him for the weakness of his argument.

Last edited:
that's not the kicker, it's not like he did it once and I continued to harp on it. he continued making the accusation for years, at me directly and at anyone who didn't share his worldview, so I continued mocking him for it for years and I make no apologies for it. And it's not just MC - in fact, he's probably not smart enough to have come up with it on his own. Conservatives have the accusation hurled at them constantly, he probably picked it up on some leftist blog like all his other unoriginal ideas.

and no, I don't think you should have reacted the way you did. Don't be offended by such absurdly false accusation, no matter how ugly - everyone else is smart enough to know he's full of shit (except maybe Not White Vic, he's quite fond of the tactic). The accusation itself is a clear indication that he's lost the argument, don't feed into it. Reject it outright and mock him for the weakness of his argument.

You might not like the way I did it, but it didn't carry on for years.

You might not like the way I did it, but it didn't carry on for years.

because you either agree with him or defend him, he can't afford to alienate you. do you think if I reacted the way you did, he would have stopped it? it's virtually all he has.

because you either agree with him or defend him, he can't afford to alienate you. do you think if I reacted the way you did, he would have stopped it? it's virtually all he has.

Maybe with you it always came up. But we carried on for years from back when I was solid republican without it being a thing. To be fair, there was MUCH less political talk back then. ESPN boards was maybe all sports, no politics.

Back