Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Lions trade Quandre Diggs to Seahawks for fifth-round pick

How many 280 DE that should be DT's can we possibly have.

Another slow footed "edge" rusher that hasn't been effective.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Also, Amendola has played well this year, when healthy. If we give Hall a shot I'm ok with it.

This offense needs more speed.

plus...typically taking Patriot cast offs isn't a smart idea.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019...re-diggs-trade-kerryon-johnson-injury-fallout
Pride Of Detroit Lions Podcast: Discussing the Quandre Diggs, Kerryon Johnson fallout. 43 minutes.
It was an eventful Tuesday. The PODcast is here to break it all down and console you.

Tuesday was an eventful day for the Detroit Lions and their fans, and not exactly in the good way. Things kicked off around 4 p.m. ET when head coach Matt Patricia announced that running back Kerryon Johnson had a procedure Tuesday morning and was being placed on injured reserve?effectively ending his season, even though there?s a chance he still plays in a game or two to end the season.

A mere 30 minutes later, NFL Network?s Tom Pelissero broke shocking news that Quandre Diggs, the emotional heart of Detroit?s secondary, had been shipped to Seattle for a 2020 lottery ticket.

The reactions were mixed. As in, people couldn?t decide whether to be depressed, angry, melancholy or just numb. It wasn?t a great day for Lions fans, but in times of need the PODcast is here to lend a shoulder for you to lean and even shed a tear upon.

An emergency session was called on Tuesday night to make sense of everything, let off some serious steam and try to explain where the Lions go from here.

This week on an EMERGENCY PODcast:
Why? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Can the Lions locker room survive?

Are there any more trades coming? Is Darius Slay next?

Who will replace Diggs in the immediate: Will Harris or Tavon Wilson?

How much does the Kerryon Johnson injury hurt a team that isn?t running the ball well anyways?

Long-term worries about Johnson?s health?

Zach Zenner reference, drink!

Zenner signed in Arizona I heard on the radio. Have to check it out .

Johnson had 11 documented injuries in five year span from late high school to now. Heard that on the radio. It is my opinion if I had known about all these injuries I may have looked at a different player at his spot in the draft.

I'd like to see the Lions go get a guy like Leonard Williams. He'd definitely help the Lions run d, and he's registered 88 qb hits since entering the league, 8th most in the AFC during that time frame.

Last edited:
Haha, didn't they just put Gordon on IR?

Yes they did, but it was said that they are likely to cut ties with him soon... Pick him up and stash him away for next year seems like a pretty solid idea to me... How nasty would Gordon look in this WR corps..

Yes they did, but it was said that they are likely to cut ties with him soon... Pick him up and stash him away for next year seems like a pretty solid idea to me... How nasty would Gordon look in this WR corps..

well, he looks like and runs like a TE now...so not good.

I wouldn't even consider him if I were the Lions. They need to draft a deep threat. You don't even need your typical 6'2" 215 lb WR...some kid that is 5'9" that runs a 4.3 40 to keep the D honest.

well, he looks like and runs like a TE now...so not good.

I wouldn't even consider him if I were the Lions. They need to draft a deep threat. You don't even need your typical 6'2" 215 lb WR...some kid that is 5'9" that runs a 4.3 40 to keep the D honest.

You and I don't agree on that much......but we do on this. The Lions already have two WR that are 50/50 ball, point of catch guys. What they NEED is a deep threat. I would absolutely LOVE to grab Robbie Anderson from the Jets. That guy is good. Yes, his contract is up after this year.....and I would give him Marvin Jones money and trade MJ for anything you could get for him. Likely nothing given his salary. Then, draft a slot WR in 2020.

2020 WR Roster

Robbie Anderson
Kenny Golladay
Travis Fulgham
Marvin Hall Jr.
Drafted slot WR - I like Jalen Reagor. Having a down year which might help us grab him a little lower.

Jalen Reagor*, WR, TCU
Height: 5-11. Weight: 195.
Projected 40 Time: 4.35.
Projected Round (2020): 2-3.
10/24/19: In 2019, Reagor has 23 catches for 271 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also has a 73-yard punt return for a touchdown.

8/17/19: Reagor is a speed demon who is a true home run hitter with mismatch speed. The ultra-fast Reagor can take the top off of a defense and is a threat to score anytime he touches the ball. Reagor is a true speed demon who is similar to DeSean Jackson, Marquise 'Hollywood' Brown or Will Fuller. Team sources say that Reagor has no clue how to run a route and will need to be coached up on that, but he has game-breaking speed that is hard to find. TCU staff told scouts that Reagor has run the 40 in 4.29 seconds, a ridiculously fast time.

As a sophomore, Reagor totaled 72 receptions for 1,061 yards with nine touchdowns. In 2017, he collected 33 catches for 576 yards and eight scores.

This entire situation is a real head scratcher

I really though the Digs trade was about us having just too many guys at the position, and Diggs' obvious decline from last year... deal him to save half his money and get a pick back.

When they signed Gilchrest... well, I have to wonder if there wasn't a problem with Diggs. Maybe banging heads with the coaches or something? I mean, I just don't know, but it clearly wasn't about the number of bodies on the roster.

I really though the Digs trade was about us having just too many guys at the position, and Diggs' obvious decline from last year... deal him to save half his money and get a pick back.

When they signed Gilchrest... well, I have to wonder if there wasn't a problem with Diggs. Maybe banging heads with the coaches or something? I mean, I just don't know, but it clearly wasn't about the number of bodies on the roster.

Reading between the lines of all the links on this trade, it sounds like there was a problem. When they traded Tate, Patricia spoke highly of him and thanked him for his time with the Lions. When they traded Diggs, Patricia was reticent and to the point.

And I could care less if they trade slay either I?ve given up on the lions been watching this shit show for 40+ years waiting for different results that never comes I didn?t watch them last week and won?t be watching them again this week Fuck the lions and the NFL it?s entirely predictable what happens next they fight their way back into an outside shot only to crush you again and the NFL will surely take at least one more game from them yet before the year is over it?s all rigged in favor of certain teams and the lions the leagues favorite laughing stock punching bag, I just simply can?t watch this movie any longer expecting a different ending it?s the same GD movie!

Last edited:
And I could care less if they trade slay either I?ve given up on the lions been watching this shit show for 40+ years waiting for different results that never comes I didn?t watch them last week and won?t be watching them again this week Fuck the lions and the NFL it?s entirely predictable what happens next they fight their way back into an outside shot only to crush you again and the NFL will surely take at least one more game from them yet before the year is over it?s all rigged in favor of certain teams and the lions the leagues favorite laughing stock punching bag, I just simply can?t watch this movie any longer expecting a different ending it?s the same GD movie!

I?m sending this post to Guinness. This HAS to be the longest single sentence ever.

Back