Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

I can't wait to see how bitchy Aaron Rodgers gets.

I am not eager to see if this is their 3rd HoF QB in a row. Most spoiled fan base in the NFL.

FTP

per Ian Rapoport

Sources close to #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers say he is "beside himself" about the team's decision to draft a QB in the 1st round. "Aaron feels betrayed, he was told by management they would get him some weapons to throw to."

Trouble brewing in Packerland.

20% of the 1st round was Cbs and we got hands down the best corner in the draft. Not looking so bad now. ��

Ton of talent at the top of rd 2. My rd 2 want order:
1) Zach Baun, Edge
2) Ross Blacklock NT
3) AJ Epenesa, DE
4) Jonathon Taylor, RB

Gross Matos
Epenesa
Blacklock
Baun
Madubuike
Gallimore
Shenault
Dobbims,Taylor or Swift

My preferences

per Ian Rapoport

Sources close to #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers say he is "beside himself" about the team's decision to draft a QB in the 1st round. "Aaron feels betrayed, he was told by management they would get him some weapons to throw to."

Trouble brewing in Packerland.

6gRCnAr.gif

Aaron is probably pissed in GB. Maybe the Packers will trade Love ?

You don't draft someone and wait until the next day to trade them.

People were saying to do that with Tua. Such a huge, huge gamble. Not worth it at all.

Last edited:
First round over. Okudah was the right pick, and it was clear nobody was really trading up that high. Can't make a trade if no one is trading up. There are several really good players available still, so I'm tentatively hopeful we get another clear upgrade.

Give me Kristian Fulton, Josh Jones, or AJ Epenesa (DT/DE hybrid)

Aaron Rodgers can always rely on State Farm Insurance commercials. Maybe there's a storyline to leverage. The slimy agent with the too-tight suits bails on Rogers and represents Love instead.

INT: Agent's office; he's on the phone.

"I'm going to dump him today. I'll text him."

[Rodgers enters the room]

Rodgers: "Dump who?'

"Yer old news." says the Agent. "And a crybaby."

"Wait, you're dumping me?" says Rogers.

"Get out."

"But.."

"GET OUT NOW! I HATE YOU! ALWAYS HAVE! THERE'S THE WINDOW."

"We're on the 46th floor."

"Exactly."

[Love enters the scene]

"Ready?"

"Jordan! I was just showing Aaron the window."

"I got this." [SHOVES RODGERS OUT THE WINDOW]

Agent: "Now we got leverage!"

So many good DTs and EDGE available
Can't wait to see who they get tonight with 3 picks.

First round over. Okudah was the right pick, and it was clear nobody was really trading up that high. Can't make a trade if no one is trading up. There are several really good players available still, so I'm tentatively hopeful we get another clear upgrade.

Give me Kristian Fulton, Josh Jones, or AJ Epenesa (DT/DE hybrid)

He's the safe pick, not the right pick. Corners do not go that high for a reason.

I will not accept Quinn could not have moved down, just won't, considering how inept this franchise is. Instead of the ownership and management getting on their knees to blow Stafford, how about saying "Yeah, everything is available, we want the best guy at every position?" But Quinn blew all that potential value when they squashed all those rumors.

Tua, Simmons, trading down, those are the right picks. Taking Okudah at 3 is not the right pick.

He's the safe pick, not the right pick. Corners do not go that high for a reason.

I will not accept Quinn could not have moved down, just won't, considering how inept this franchise is. Instead of the ownership and management getting on their knees to blow Stafford, how about saying "Yeah, everything is available, we want the best guy at every position?" But Quinn blew all that potential value when they squashed all those rumors.

Tua, Simmons, trading down, those are the right picks. Taking Okudah at 3 is not the right pick.

Nah, thats old thinking. Ever since the rookie cap came in you don't have to worry about where you take a guy because you're not paying him 85 million on a rookie deal.

I'd rather see a team take a kicker they believe, for whatever reason, is the best player in the draft at #1 overall, than to pass on him just because "that's the way it's done".

Nah, thats old thinking. Ever since the rookie cap came in you don't have to worry about where you take a guy because you're not paying him 85 million on a rookie deal.

I'd rather see a team take a kicker they believe, for whatever reason, is the best player in the draft at #1 overall, than to pass on him just because "that's the way it's done".

I'm not thinking about the cap; just the way I feel about CBs. Unless they are HoFers, they don't go top 5 for a legitimate reason; they do not have the impact on the football field that most other positions do. And there is a lot more value to be had with CBs later on, and I do not know how different Okudah is compared to those guys.

I wanted Tua. Not changing on that. I get he is a risk, but the dude can change a franchise. Stafford's on his last few seasons. Time to start thinking about the future.

I understand what you are getting at, but not entirely sure if you are serious with the kicker analogy?

Back