Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dwight Howard

Rockets looking to trade for Howard:

They will amnesty Scola, then trade the following for Howard and the bad contracts of Hedo, Richardson, Glen Davis, and Chris Duhon:

SG Kevin Martin, PF Patrick Patterson, PF Marcus Morris, SF Chandler Parsons, the rights to SG Jeremy Lamb, SF Royce White, PF Terrence Jones, 1st Round Pick (via Toronto, which is non lottery protected meaning its a guaranteed lottery pick), and another future first round pick.

So short story Martin, 8 1st Round Picks for Howard and 4 bad contracts.

Rockets looking to trade for Howard:

They will amnesty Scola, then trade the following for Howard and the bad contracts of Hedo, Richardson, Glen Davis, and Chris Duhon:

SG Kevin Martin, PF Patrick Patterson, PF Marcus Morris, SF Chandler Parsons, the rights to SG Jeremy Lamb, SF Royce White, PF Terrence Jones, 1st Round Pick (via Toronto, which is non lottery protected meaning its a guaranteed lottery pick), and another future first round pick.

So short story Martin, 8 1st Round Picks for Howard and 4 bad contracts.

Why isn't this done yet. That is a good deal.

Why isn't this done yet. That is a good deal.

I'm sure it requires Howard to sign a long term in Houston. Howard might not be ready to make that choice (imagine that)...we may see Howard finish out in Orlando and then look at his option next off season. God I hope not, I can't take much more of will he/won'the/where will he/ when will he...

I'm sure it requires Howard to sign a long term in Houston. Howard might not be ready to make that choice (imagine that)...we may see Howard finish out in Orlando and then look at his option next off season. God I hope not, I can't take much more of will he/won'the/where will he/ when will he...

The Rockets have been pretty open in that they would accept a trade without an extension. At this point, he can only do a sign and trade extension for one year anyway (new CBA rules). Houston is better off making a straight trade then working on an extension themselves (this is doubly true because only a few teams will have max-level cap space next year).

I think the reason this hasn't gone down is that Orlando's GM is trying to ascertain a new list of preferable destinations so that he can get more teams bidding. If Dwight says he is open to being traded to and signing with any contender (Miami, Chicago, OKC, San Antonio, LA), Hennigan can probably get better offers. Miami could offer Wade or Bosh, Chicago could offer Deng and Noah, OKC could offer Harden or Ibaka with Perkins, San Antonio could offer Parker, and LA could offer Bynum. Say what you will about Houston's deal, but all those offers give real star value in return.

The Rockets have been pretty open in that they would accept a trade without an extension. At this point, he can only do a sign and trade extension for one year anyway (new CBA rules). Houston is better off making a straight trade then working on an extension themselves (this is doubly true because only a few teams will have max-level cap space next year).

I think the reason this hasn't gone down is that Orlando's GM is trying to ascertain a new list of preferable destinations so that he can get more teams bidding. If Dwight says he is open to being traded to and signing with any contender (Miami, Chicago, OKC, San Antonio, LA), Hennigan can probably get better offers. Miami could offer Wade or Bosh, Chicago could offer Deng and Noah, OKC could offer Harden or Ibaka with Perkins, San Antonio could offer Parker, and LA could offer Bynum. Say what you will about Houston's deal, but all those offers give real star value in return.

I had always Hoped a Deng, Boozer Asik, draft pick deal would happen for him...not gonna happen now. They may not have taken Boozer ever though.

Honestly clearing the crap they have off the books and getting all those first rounders is gold for a new GM. It outweighs all those deals you mentioned and most of those teams do not have the space to take on a Hedo and Richardson.

Does a team have room to take on so many players? You listed 11 players.

Does a team have room to take on so many players? You listed 11 players.

Yeah the Magic would be trading away 5 players, and receiving 7. Magic currently have 12 players on the roster and your allowed 15, so yeah they have the room.

Last edited:
It isn't a bad idea for the Rockets. They will get one of the best players in the league this year. If he stays, then that is awesome for them because they will have their center piece. If he leaves, then they can be the worst team in the league and hopefully make the right picks in the lottery. Without changing things up, they will continue to be stuck in basketball hell.

Yeah the Rockets as they are now will be stuck in the middle. Meaning they will push for that 7th/8th seed or barely miss it. For arguments sake lets say they do this trade then sign Aaron Brooks.

PG - Brooks / Douglas / Duhon
SG - Richardson /
SF - Turkoglu / Forbes
PF - Davis /
C - Howard / Harrellson

Then they would obviously have to fill in the gaps with vet min types like Antwan Jamison

Yeah the Rockets as they are now will be stuck in the middle. Meaning they will push for that 7th/8th seed or barely miss it. For arguments sake lets say they do this trade then sign Aaron Brooks.

PG - Brooks / Douglas / Duhon
SG - Richardson /
SF - Turkoglu / Forbes
PF - Davis /
C - Howard / Harrellson

Then they would obviously have to fill in the gaps with vet min types like Antwan Jamison

Brooks signed with the Kings I think.

Weird who would of thought that they would let Lin go (they being the Knicks).

Lakers get Howard in 4 team trade.

Lakers:
C Dwight Howard

Nuggets:
SG/SF Andre Igoudala

76ers:
C Andrew Bynum
SG Jason Richardson

Magic:
PF Al Harrington
SG Aaron Afflalo
SF Moe Harkless (1st round pick this year)
C Nikola Vucevic
3 future 1st Round picks (one from each team)

Breakdowns

Lakers give up Bynum and a 1st round pick for Howard. Grade A+
Nuggets give up Afflalo, Harrington, 1st Round Pick for Andre Igoudala. Grade A-
76ers give up Igoudala, Harkless, Vucevic, 1st Rounder for Bynum and JRich. Grade A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Magic give up Howard and Richardson for Harkless, Vucevic, Afflalo, Harrington and 3 1st Round Picks. Grade F-

Harkless, Vucevic aren't considered to be anything but possible rotational players. Meanwhile Afflalo and Harrington combined make 13-14 million for the next 3-4 yrs. And they also get 3 future late first round picks.

It's hard to give them an F when they weren't going to get anything for him if he played this year in Orlando. Also, hinges on how those picks pan out. I'd say incomplete at worst.

Oh also those first round picks are protected. Meaning they can't be lottery picks.

Back