Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Elimination Thread

I was flipping between Yanks-Sox (hoping for fireworks and monitoring Beckett's ERA) and Clev/Oak. Once you get into the 16th, it's anyone's game... Back to it today.

Tough loss but the magic number drops to 22 thanks to the A's

kalinesboy said:
Anyone want to splain this "karma " thang under my name.....I AINT Hindu!

Technically I think Karma is more of a Zen Buddist thing, but...whatever.

Updated after a great day for the Tigers in every way possible yesterday.

Magic number drops two to 19

KC could be eliminated as early as tomorrow.

Romneybot said:
Updated after a great day for the Tigers in every way possible yesterday.

Magic number drops two to 19

KC could be eliminated as early as tomorrow.

Yes indeed, an improbably win and with the Indians losing, what a day. Tomorrows like playing with house money.

I was watching some highlights of Saturdays game between the Twins and Angels, thanks to Dish Network finally getting MLBN. Anyway, I realize who Jared Weaver reminds me of. Phil Hellmuth. If you're familiar with WSOP, Hellmuth, nicknamed the Poker brat thinks he's God and whines like a baby but is good for laughs.

:)

Tigers magic number is now 18?
Not sure of anything right now tired and falling asleep.
see you Monday mid morning.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Tigers magic number is now 18?
Not sure of anything right now tired and falling asleep.
see you Monday mid morning.

That is correct!!

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I was watching some highlights of Saturdays game between the Twins and Angels, thanks to Dish Network finally getting MLBN. Anyway, I realize who Jared Weaver reminds me of. Phil Hellmuth. If you're familiar with WSOP, Hellmuth, nicknamed the Poker brat thinks he's God and whines like a baby but is good for laughs.

:)

Nice. I could see Hellmuth throwing chips at peoples heads after bad beats.

Updated after Labor Day, nice weekend for the Tigers

Magic number moves down to 16

A win tonight eliminates both KC and Minnesota (or a loss by either of them)

I'm loving the fact that if the Tigers play .500 ball the rest of the season, Cleveland or Chicago have to play .800+ to catch up.

Romneybot said:
I'm loving the fact that if the Tigers play .500 ball the rest of the season, Cleveland or Chicago have to play .800+ to catch up.

Neither team is capable of playing >.800 ball. At this point the Tigers would have to choke in order to lose the division.

KC and Minnesota have been eliminated

Magic number is now 15 and could be 14 depending on what the White Sox do (they're leading right now)

Back