Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Elimination Thread

play .500 ball the rest of the way and the Sox have to go 20 - 2 in their last 22 or 19 -3 , something stupid like that just to tie us.

Updated after yesterday,

Magic number drops to 14

Chicago and Cleveland will play a 4 game series starting tomorrow, so we will either have a clear number 2 or both will be out of the picture barring a miracle.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Tigers Playoff Odds:
Baseball Prospectus 98.3%
Cool Standings 98.7%
Pretty much a foregone conclusion....Tigers will easily win the division. It's pretty basic; Tigers are good/Indians and ChiSox are not good!

Another sweep for the Tigers

Magic number moves down to 13 and could be 12 if the White Sox lose.

A White Sox loss tonight and a split between them and Cleveland in their upcoming 4 game series will guarantee the magic number to be at most 10 by Sunday night.

Updated

Magic number drops to 12

Cleveland and Chicago play each other today, so the magic number won't drop, whoever wins still has an E# of 12.

Also added a scenario if Detroit loses all their games.

Best case scenario this weekend
Tigers sweep the Twins
Chicago and Cleveland split
Tigers are up 10.5 on Chicago and 11 on Cleveland
Magic number drops to 7 (both Chicago and Cleveland will have an elimination number of 7)

Worst case scenario this weekend
Tigers get swept by the Twins
Chicago sweeps Cleveland
Tigers are up 5.5 on Chicago (9.5 on Cleveland)
Magic number stays at 12 (Cleveland's elimination number will have dropped to 8)

or

Tigers get swept by the Twins
Cleveland sweeps Chicago
Tigers are up 6 on Cleveland (9 on Chicago)
Magic number stays at 12 (Chicago's elimination number will have dropped to 8)

Keep in mind after this weekend, Cleveland and Chicago still have another 4 games to play against each other.

Things are looking good.

We need to avoid getting swept in any series and at least win 1 game.

Chicago just got a 7 spot so they lead the Indians 8-1 in end of the 7th.

I was looking at the Boston game. Why do they have Andrew Miller starting? Are they that hard up?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I was looking at the Boston game. Why do they have Andrew Miller starting? Are they that hard up?

Still no Buchholz and Beckett is out for at least one start, leaving Lester as the ace and *cough cough* LACKEY as the number two. Things are looking shaky in beantown...and watch out, here come the Rays breathing down their necks...

That would be so cool if the Rays past the Red Sox and Carl Crawford :)

Nobody's updating this? What are the magic numbers? Or am I gonna have to look and figure it our for myhself?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Nobody's updating this? What are the magic numbers? Or am I gonna have to look and figure it our for myhself?

Anyway, looks like the Magic Number against both of them at the end of play on Friday, 9/9/11 is 10....

Updated after yesterday

Magic number is now 10, which means...

10-8 at worst the rest of the way wins the central

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Nobody's updating this? What are the magic numbers? Or am I gonna have to look and figure it our for myhself?

Gets updated after just about every game, bro.

Yeah I didn't bother to update it after thursday since the magic number wouldn't change. I usually update it the morning after.

Magic number drops to 9 with the Tigers win and Chicago win/Cleveland loss.

Back