Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

EURO 2020 Final

Btw
The English coach was schooled in this game by the Italian coach.

Btw
The English coach was schooled in this game by the Italian coach.

Are there any dudes on team England that are of Indian descent?

In bend it like Beckham, Parminder Nagra played a little Indian girl in London being schooled in soccer by an Irish coach.

Turns out her very traditional Indian father, who had been a cricket player, ended up being very supportive of her athletic endeavors. She ended up going to Santa Clarita college with her girlfriend Keira Knightley.

Are there any dudes on team England that are of Indian descent?

In bend it like Beckham, Parminder Nagra played a little Indian girl in London being schooled in soccer by an Irish coach.

Turns out her very traditional Indian father, who had been a cricket player, ended up being very supportive of her athletic endeavors. She ended up going to Santa Clarita college with her girlfriend Keira Knightley.

I have zero clue.

It?s hard for England to get this far. Something always happens. This was a golden opportunity just wasted by a poor performance.

Meanwhile, back to things of consequence, at least one person, Princess Kate, attended both events today. She wore a pink dress to congratulate Djokovic, and then changed into a white blouse with dark pants with a white jacket to lament England?s loss with husband and her son, the second and third in line to the throne.

No reports whether Dario Franchetti picked her up and drove her to Wembley.

Probably not.

Not after that fuss in Paris about her departed would have been mother in law.

Meanwhile, back to things of consequence, at least one person, Princess Kate, attended both events today. She wore a pink dress to congratulate Djokovic, and then changed into a white blouse with dark pants with a white jacket to lament England?s loss with husband and her son, the second and third in line to the throne.

No reports whether Dario Franchetti picked her up and drove her to Wembley.

Probably not.

Not after that fuss in Paris about her departed would have been mother in law.

I can?t find a clip of the Princess congratulating
Djokovic, but here are some pictures showing her watching the match in the pink dress I was referring to, and I wanted you guys to see it.

Notice the juxtipositive contrast of color and design with the pant suit she would change into to attend the events at Wembley.

the good guys won.

Bob, I understand the thinking that penalty kick endings suck, but they do
make for some amazing tension & drama... so at least there's that.

that was the only part of the game that held my kids' attention...

the good guys won.

Me too!

It?s the only part I watched!

I read you guys?s posts about getting to the PK stage, so I turned it on!

I feel kinda bad for Princess Kate and her little fuckin? son George.

They were so happy when England made that goal.

Me too!

It?s the only part I watched!

I read you guys?s posts about getting to the PK stage, so I turned it on!

I feel kinda bad for Princess Kate and her little fuckin? son George.

They were so happy when England made that goal.

those historical anachronisms looked so sad

the good guys won.

My son and I were at our favorite Mexican restaurant last night. They always have soccer on there. We were talking about how boring soccer is to watch. We didn't even know it was in OT (or extra time...whatever they call it). Then came the penalty kick portion. We watched every second of that. It was very exciting. Of course, all of the employees were glued to the TV.

My son and I were at our favorite Mexican restaurant last night. They always have soccer on there. We were talking about how boring soccer is to watch. We didn't even know it was in OT (or extra time...whatever they call it). Then came the penalty kick portion. We watched every second of that. It was very exciting. Of course, all of the employees were glued to the TV.

I had friends in college from abroad that got me hooked on international soccer; I still can't bring myself to care about professional soccer (here or abroad).

FWIW, one of the reasons American football hasn't caught on abroad like basketball is because they view it as boring to watch. they hate all the stoppages and replays and crap like that.

I'm Italian so I'll say I won.

that's fair. I do the same.

you know if you have even one recent grandparent from Italy, you can apply for birthright citizenship there? I'm not sure exactly where the cutoff is, but I looked it up once and since my great-grandparents on my dad's side of the family were all born there, I qualify.

Its actually not OT. They have 15 minutes, score as much as you can.

So, when regulation in basketball ends and they have - what, a five minute extension or whatever to score as much as they want - does that mean it?s always been extra time?

Because it?s always seemed to have been called overtime.

So, when regulation in basketball ends and they have - what, a five minute extension or whatever to score as much as they want - does that mean it?s always been extra time?

we should start calling overtime "extra time," start calling soccer "football," and start calling football "American football," just to piss other Americans off. I'm gonna do that.

I had friends in college from abroad that got me hooked on international soccer; I still can't bring myself to care about professional soccer (here or abroad).

FWIW, one of the reasons American football hasn't caught on abroad like basketball is because they view it as boring to watch. they hate all the stoppages and replays and crap like that.

that's fair. I do the same.

you know if you have even one recent grandparent from Italy, you can apply for birthright citizenship there? I'm not sure exactly where the cutoff is, but I looked it up once and since my great-grandparents on my dad's side of the family were all born there, I qualify.

Interesting. My Dad's parents were both born in Italy.

NBA, Futbul. American, non American. And unlike the NBA if someone scores in the first 15 minutes, even leading they still have the 2nd 15 minutes.

It's like Chess. Tie-breaker two games so each have a chance with white. Even if one wins first with black. It's complicated. I could explain it better but I'd need toasted white bread, 4 fried chickens and a coke.

Back