Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Florida's "stand your ground" law

That was in response to Cheeno: POINT: I don't need a "Stand Your Ground" law to defend myself when no other options are present. I'm going to do it, after exploring all other options first.

Last edited:
You never smoked weed in high school? Still trying to think of what youre getting at with the whole screwdriver comment lol...maybe i just dont think like a criminal but my tool of choice wouldnt be a screwdriver if i wanted to go steal something.

You can break into doors with screwdrivers ftw.

What was he doing with the womens jewelry? Got any answers for that?

Who fucking cares if he had jewelry. Who fucking CARES if he had a screwdriver or weed residue? Zimmerman did not know those things when he decided he was gonna play tough guy and murder a boy who was WALKING HOME FROM THE FUCKING 7-11 WITH SNACKS FOR THE GAME.

Mother FUCK, this isn't really all that hard to understand, is it?

That was in response to Cheeno: POINT: I don't need a "Stand Your Ground" law to defend myself when no other options are present. I'm going to do it, after exploring all other options first.

What are you going to do bore the guy to death with stories about how you once rode the Staten Island Ferry in 19 dickety two?

You can break into doors with screwdrivers ftw.

What was he doing with the womens jewelry? Got any answers for that?

The penalty for B&E (assuming he is guilty of the break-ins for a second) is not death, and Zimmerman is not an executioner.

Quit pussyfooting around and trying to go off point, maybe if some racist cop-wanna be on a powertrip had not murdered the poor kid, someone could have asked what he was doing with said items.

The penalty for B&E (assuming he is guilty of the break-ins for a second) is not death, and Zimmerman is not an executioner.

Quit pussyfooting around and trying to go off point, maybe if some racist cop-wanna be on a powertrip had not murdered the poor kid, someone could have asked what he was doing with said items.

Murdered? The state of Florida's laws say otherwise. This state is fucking dangerous. It's a breeding ground of poor white trash, blacks and latinos. Most of which have serious drug addictions and would kill you for a wallet. I like knowing that I have the chance to protect myself if necessary and not just on my own property.

Murdered? The state of Florida's laws say otherwise. This state is fucking dangerous. It's a breeding ground of poor white trash, blacks and latinos. Most of which have serious drug addictions and would kill you for a wallet. I like knowing that I have the chance to protect myself if necessary and not just on my own property.

Theres a group in Florida you didnt mention that kills more than any other in that state. Old white men....real....real....old. That drive around half blind killing other people. If i was going to "stand my ground" id take a shotgun and sit at a red light.

Last edited:
Theres a group in Florida you didnt mention that kills more than any other in that state. Old white men....real....real....old. That drive around half blind killing other people. If i was going to "stand my ground" id take a shotgun and sit at a red light.

Haha no shit.

Florida's laws do not say otherwise. Murder is still Murder.

But there is a stupid technicality that keeps the authorities from filing charges, or even investigating this properly, and more people would be outraged, but hey it was only some nigger who was going to end up as a parasite anyways, right Diggler?

And that "Florida is fucking dangerous" stuff....please....Florida is romper room compared to Metro Detroit, Flint and Saginaw.

Zimmerman had a right to defend himself... it's just that... he wasn't defending himself, he was stalking a kid and murdering him.

What are you going to do bore the guy to death with stories about how you once rode the Staten Island Ferry in 19 dickety two?

If it avoids further confrontation, something like that. I'd opt for the Bob-Lo boat, though. Whatever it takes to preserve lives.

First option is to avoid circumstances where confrontations can occur. Second option is to run, always, if there is an alley of escape. Third option, give the person whatever he/she wants. Finally, if necessary, apply sufficient force to get out of the situation alive.

Always involve the police whenever possible. That's what they are there for. They are more than happy to accommodate.

Last edited:
If it avoids further confrontation, something like that. I'd opt for the Bob-Lo boat, though. Whatever it takes to preserve lives.

First option is to avoid circumstances where confrontations can occur. Second option is to run, always, if there is an alley of escape. Third option, give the person whatever he/she wants. Finally, if necessary, apply sufficient force to get out of the situation alive.

Always involve the police whenever possible. That's what they are there for. They are more than happy to accommodate.

This is what any sensible person would do, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what Zimmerman did.

The problem with the law is this: Should it also protect an aggressor who seeks a confrontation, that ends in violence requiring him to defend himself.

I understand about a person being able to protect themselves, but it's a whole other ball of wax if the person is purposely putting themselves into harms way or forcing an aggressive situation. It would be like me walking into a crack house in Flint with a 12 GA. Pump, and then having to shoot everyone who started to pull out their guns when they saw me.

Self-defense is one thing, vigilantism is another.

Florida's laws do not say otherwise. Murder is still Murder.

But there is a stupid technicality that keeps the authorities from filing charges, or even investigating this properly, and more people would be outraged, but hey it was only some nigger who was going to end up as a parasite anyways, right Diggler?

And that "Florida is fucking dangerous" stuff....please....Florida is romper room compared to Metro Detroit, Flint and Saginaw.

Not many can compare to those cities. Where do you live?. have you ever lived in central Florida? Do you see the shit I do every day? If not you have no opinion. Vacations to Disney don't count.

Okay, so two voice analysis experts both told the press their analysis confirms that the screams for help in the 911 calls came from Martin, not Zimmerman. That was probably obvious, but this more or less confirms it, or will if they testify at trial.

link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-zimmerman-911-20120331,0,250481.story?page=1

I listened to one of the calls; you can hear someone (Martin obviously) screaming for help for 20-30 seconds before the gun shot. Pretty sick and twisted. This Zimmerman guy isn't just some wannabe cop, he's a fucking demented individual.

There's NO way a self-defense claim is going to hold up in trial, well, unless the jury is composed of 10 Klansmen, tsmith, and Danny Diggler...

I read about that last night, michchamp. I will forever be haunted by the sound of him screaming for help before he was killed. Sends shivvers up my spine every time I think about it.

Well, at least 2 experts have analyzed the tape of the screams for help and both of them were positive that the voice was not Zimmerman. In other words, Zimmerman clearly lied about his account of the event.

Johnny Cochran voice "If the screams don't sound right, you must Indict!"

This is just heartbreaking, and yet it has happened so many time before for years/decades.
It's one thing if a person is guilty of or caught doing a wrong illegal act, and then another that is totally wrong for a coverup by the authorities. Kid was on a slab at the morgue for what 2/3 weeks?
Bringing zimmerman in the police station, and not using gloves to remove clothes, contaminating evidence.
Way to much profiling due to the color of a persons skin. In the second decade of the 21st century, this racist stuff continues.
This zimmerman guy that shot and killed this 17 year old skittles eating kid Trayvon, has a father that is a judge? If so no wonder, it is unfolding like it has.
From all explanations zimmerman stalked the kid, that wasn't zimmerman screaming help on the tapes. That was Trayvon.

Nothing worse than police coverup, except that this child was murdered, and his family has to deal with all of it as it slowly plays out, and even if they get it correct, it won't bring him back. In the mean time, some news channels with a differing agenda has put out he was a pot smoker, or had gold teeth??!! Trying to make him look like a gang member or something?? that is just wrong.

In all we do every day, it's there, it's out there, Hate, for skin color, nationality, religion,
Treat people the way you would want to be treated, with respect and understanding.
My young friends in Detroit were white, black, and Asian/Chinese. All my years in boston, I have seen the same shit, with friends near where I have lived, and at work at the PO. Constantly had to defend an African American letter carrier from the day he bid my office as the union steward. Did his job as well as any one else in there that was white or asian, yet he was always being written up.
But this is about a 'teenager' and the so called vigilante of people and groups watching the neighborhood/gated community, they're just watching, or just looking/profiling a set group of people that aren't the "right" skin color to go after them while coming home from the store.
Hope the Justice Dept. and FBI get it right.
It shouldn't be getting behind one side and cheering it white or black, it should all be about right and wrong.

screems werent him and now the HQ tapes show the injuries to the back of his head when he first said he had a broken nose. How many lies do you need to tell before you get arrested in Florida.

Back