Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

For anti-BLM, what history rhymes?

But....what if they also took the InfoWars supplements Alex Jones insists will make them healthier? Seems like it could balance it all out. :cheers:

Perhaps but most won't do that, they've all been brainwashed into beveling he should be banned and removed from existence. His Prosta Guard product has 100% of your DV Zinc. No magic bullet but doesn't hurt. IMO. All in all though No it won't help, mRNA is cell manipulation/editing. What could possibly go wrong. Request denied at all cost is my position on the vaccine. Have fun with the unintended unforeseen cytokine storm side effect two years later.

The Africans know what's up. They get it.

Demonstrators in South Africa Wednesday rallied against COVID-19 test trials being carried out by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s GAVI Alliance.

Protesters standing in front of the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg where the tests will take place burned their face masks and carried signs blasting GAVI’s choice of the South African people for the continent’s first clinical trials. They know who Gates is.

Watch the history channels hunting Hitler series, it never died it just went underground and changed tactics.

Zinc, Vit D, Vit C, get lots of sun and exercise if you have no underlying conditions or age high risk you'll be fine, it's not the bubonic plague.

Infowars bad, trump bad. Anti-Vaxers bad.

Last edited:
Wow, here I should have been listening to Dr. Tigermud this whole time, rather than, you know, those silly M.D.'s when it came to novel corona viruses.

Wow, here I should have been listening to Dr. Tigermud this whole time, rather than, you know, those silly M.D.'s when it came to novel corona viruses.

I'm just more informed that you is all, nothing personal

Science, technical and most business related degrees are non-political. But liberal arts, including economics are overwhelmingly political. And professors, from all discipline are overwhelmingly liberal to radical leftists. Just look at political contribution data from professors and university employees. It must be nearly impossible for a conservative to get hired in academia - without digging further into the data and considering things like selection bias, I?d say that?s clear evidence of discrimination.

Depends on branch of science/tech.

For example biology, civil/environmental engineering spring to mind.

While a left bias isn't heavy in most engineering curriculums. Courses dealing with pollution/sustainable design are typically in-line with ideas of the left.

There are plenty of conservatives in academia. Typically hiring of professors is based on the amount of their publications and lesser degree on their quality. Larger the number of published papers the better.

Having a reputation in the field helps, but in general, publication is king.

History is the future according to trump!

"My message is that we have a great country, we have the greatest country on Earth. We have a heritage, we have a history and we should learn from the history, and if you don’t understand your history, you will go back to it again. You will go right back to it. You have to learn. Think of it, you take away that whole era and you’re going to go back to it sometime. People won’t know about it. They’re going to forget about it. It’s okay."

Funny.

But MDs aren?t all in agreement.

The consensus seems to be though that Dr. Mud is right - for the young and healthy the odds of a horrible situation are imponderably low they don?t even worry about the zinc or Vitamin D or C - exercise has always been a good way for young people to attract sexual partners.

A number of doctors are saying the way our government is handling this is just madness - quarantining healthy people and cramming Covid infected patients on top of the old and sick and vulnerable and shutting down the economy over a public health event barely more dangerous than the seasonal flu - coronainsanity one might call it.

That would be a good title for a thread about this subject.

Depends on branch of science/tech.

For example biology, civil/environmental engineering spring to mind.

While a left bias isn't heavy in most engineering curriculums. Courses dealing with pollution/sustainable design are typically in-line with ideas of the left.

There are plenty of conservatives in academia. Typically hiring of professors is based on the amount of their publications and lesser degree on their quality. Larger the number of published papers the better.

Having a reputation in the field helps, but in general, publication is king.

I was with you up until the 3rd paragraph. There are "some" but there definitely is not not "plenty" of conservatives in academia in the United States - political contributions from academia skew left by over 90%.

Funny.

But MDs aren’t all in agreement.

The consensus seems to be though that Dr. Mud is right - for the young and healthy the odds of a horrible situation are imponderably low they don’t even worry about the zinc or Vitamin D or C - exercise has always been a good way for young people to attract sexual partners.

A number of doctors are saying the way our government is handling this is just madness - quarantining healthy people and cramming Covid infected patients on top of the old and sick and vulnerable and shutting down the economy over a public health event barely more dangerous than the seasonal flu - coronainsanity one might call it.

That would be a good title for a thread about this subject.

back in the 90s when zinc was all the rage as a miracle cure for the common cold, I asked a doctor about it and his response was there some evidence for it but watch how much you take because zinc is a heavy metal and your kidneys can't process it and it could end accumulating in your kidneys and causing problems. I think his reco was something like take when you have a cold but don't go crazy with it (a few Coldeze a day) and stop when it goes away.

I haven't used it in 20+ years or read or heard anything about it since. Not because I'm worried about my kidneys or afraid of zinc but because the zinc cough drops taste awful and I don't think it ever did anything to cure, shorten or even alleviate symptoms of a cold. Now, when I have a cold, I just act like a little bitch for a few days until I'm feeling better.

Last edited:
I was with you up until the 3rd paragraph. There are "some" but there definitely is not not "plenty" of conservatives in academia in the United States - political contributions from academia skew left by over 90%.

Not sure about the US, but in Canada most university faculty is union.

Unions tend to favour left.

Where are you getting that 90% stat from? Seems like an exceeding high number.

Edit: I don't think I've ever heard Mike Rowe saying any job is just as hard as another. His whole thing is about the importance of labor and finding dignity in honest work whether the job requires a college degree or not.

Nor have I. I actually liked that show. I won't claim to understand how the message morphed into something else, just that I've witnessed it many times. Maybe if I had one of those fancy liberal psychology degrees I could.

Last edited:
Edit: I don't think I've ever heard Mike Rowe saying any job is just as hard as another. His whole thing is about the importance of labor and finding dignity in honest work whether the job requires a college degree or not.

Well fuck me.

I thought the show was about turning a buck on TV.

I guess maybe I should live my more altruistically.

Last edited:
Nor have I. I actually liked that show. I won't claim to understand how the message morphed into something else, just that I've witnessed it many times. Maybe if I had one of those fancy liberal psychology degrees I could.

Well fuck me.

I thought the show was about turning a buck on TV.

I guess maybe I should live my more altruistically.

I'm not talking about the show, which I also enjoyed. Mike Rowe has become a fairly successful speaker and advocate for the value of careers in the trades. He also has some great social media posts about his views on jobs that typically don't require college degrees and on other things like the value vs. cost of higher education. And he's had some very entertaining arguments with elitists who misinterpret his message. Rowe is really clever and has a great sense of humor.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about the show, which I also enjoyed. Mike Rowe has become a fairly successful speaker and advocate for the value of careers in the trades. He also has some great social media posts about his views on jobs that typically don't require college degrees and on other things like the value vs. cost of higher education. And he's had some very entertaining arguments with elitists who misinterpret his message. Rowe is really clever and has a great sense of humor.

Oddly he and Tim Allen, who share a lot of same perspectives, have had significant personal clashes.

Weird.

It?s like a sibling rivalry, or something.

Oddly he and Tim Allen, who share a lot of same perspectives, have had significant personal clashes.

Weird.

It?s like a sibling rivalry, or something.

is that so surprising? Some of the biggest conflicts have been between people who overwhelmingly agree on most things like the Nazis and the Communists, the Sunnis and the Shiites agree on 99% of their beliefs, yet they're slaughtering each other by the thousands.

is that so surprising? Some of the biggest conflicts have been between people who overwhelmingly agree on most things like the Nazis and the Communists, the Sunnis and the Shiites agree on 99% of their beliefs, yet they're slaughtering each other by the thousands.

Yeah.

You looked it up and got my joke, or you knew it already, right?

Yeah.

You looked it up and got my joke, or you knew it already, right?

I did not know about the Rowe/Allan row but did use the Google thing on the internet machine to see Rowe once played his brother on Last Man Standing, confirming my suspicion that you were in fact joking. Sadly, my examples are not jokes - they are all too real.

Last edited:
I did not know about the Rowe/Allan row but did use the Google thing on the internet machine to see Rowe once played his brother on Last Man Standing, confirming my suspicion that you were in fact joking. Sadly, my examples are not jokes - they are all too real.

Yes all that bullshit sucks.

I have an MA and a BA, virtually neither of those degrees has made me a damn nickel.

Do you know the guy you know, or you’ve heard of, who can sell ice cubes to Eskimos, sand at the desert, and condoms in a nunnery?

I’m that guy.

I never had to learn a trade.

I was struggling here in Hollywood, got offered a job selling long distance access codes back in the 90s, and I’ve been lighting it up in Sales ever since.

The show “dirty Jobs” Seemed too much like hard work for me to wanna watch. I prefer to watch the scene in “coming to America” Where the royal penis gets clean.

Now that wasn’t a dirty job for the Prince Akeem, but I guess it was a dirty job for the Royal penis cleaner.

EDIT; Shit-my bad-It was all the way back in the 80s, not the 90s.

Dating myself – no pun intended.

Last edited:
Yes all that bullshit sucks.

I have an MA and a BA, virtually neither of those degrees has made me a damn nickel.

Do you know the guy you know, or you?ve heard of, who can sell ice cubes to Eskimos, sand at the desert...

I?m that guy.

I never had to learn a trade.

I was struggling here in Hollywood, got offered a job selling long distance access codes back in the 90s, and I?ve been lighting it up in Sales ever since.

EDIT; Shit-my bad-It was all the way back in the 80s, not the 90s.

Dating myself ? no pun intended.

ae-92f20-wall-street-emily-cramton-photo-from-movie.jpg

"If I could just have five minutes of your time to explain to you the extraordinary opportunities available in the long-distance-asset-code market."

ae-92f20-wall-street-emily-cramton-photo-from-movie.jpg

"If I could just have five minutes of your time to explain to you the extraordinary opportunities available in the long-distance-asset-code market."

Nah.

I was a pretty hot studly dude in my 20s when I came out here.

I went out to college campuses, the beach, Hollywood Blvd, and such - and signed up young hotties who were inclined to want to talk to me already.

I guess I wasn?t hot and studly enough to become a star - it?s a tough biz - but I sure could parlay it into making sales.

Back