Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fox News Game

What is going to happen in September?

Last edited:
You're not basing your opinion on government sources are you?

And I guess I forgot the part of the OP where I said anything about the price of gas on September 1st ... or did you get sidetracked by all the google searches to forget the simple premise of my joke?

Rise or Fall you think the President plays a role in the price of gas and Fox News knows its base, and will play to it.

Last edited:
You're not basing your opinion on government sources are you?

And I guess I forgot the part of the OP where I said anything about the price of gas on September 1st ... or did you get sidetracked by all the google searches to forget the simple premise of my joke?

Rise or Fall you think the President plays a role in the price of gas and Fox News knows its base, and will play to it.

fact is when the prices went up in 2008 Bush was blamed..hell, he was an oil guy pocketing millions...Presidents get the blame..Its Barry's turn and he doesn't seem to care because he is sticking to his guns on expanding oil exploration in federal lands

They need a Speaker like Tip O'Neill back....Pelosi and Boehner are such douchebags

fact is when the prices went up in 2008 Bush was blamed..hell, he was an oil guy pocketing millions...Presidents get the blame..Its Barry's turn and he doesn't seem to care because he is sticking to his guns on expanding oil exploration in federal lands

You do realize how the Bush family got rich, don't you? Any reason - specifically that you can think of without using Google?

Either we become the worlds leading exporter of energy in the next 10 years....or we become mexico. It really doesnt have much to do with Obama....

You do realize how the Bush family got rich, don't you? Any reason - specifically that you can think of without using Google?

as long as it was legally obtained...why the fuck do I care. I made my money legally and ethically....why bitch about peoples wealth.

How did Al Gore come by his money via his mother and father

Last edited:
national average for April to September...$3.95...Obama is sinking because of it

If by sinking, you mean expanding his lead in the polls and increasing his approval ratings, then yes, Obama is sinking.

Obama is a large favorite to be reelected. It's never a sure thing, but if I were a Conservative I'd start stocking the fall out shelter immediately. 4 more years of whining is going to be music to my ears.

If by sinking, you mean expanding his lead in the polls and increasing his approval ratings, then yes, Obama is sinking.

Obama is a large favorite to be reelected. It's never a sure thing, but if I were a Conservative I'd start stocking the fall out shelter immediately. 4 more years of whining is going to be music to my ears.

FYI...when you see a poll do you actual look at the internal polling data or do you blindly accept a poll on face value.
National Journal came out with a poll that showed Barry up 8pts.....they polled 1,004 Adults...not registered voters or likely voters, just adults, LOL...you can throw that poll out as nothing but propaganda

as long as it was legally obtained...why the fuck do I care. I made my money legally and ethically....why bitch about peoples wealth.

How did Al Gore come by his money via his mother and father

You hypocritical ass. You bitch and whine about the Oil Companies profits and blame the President you hate for it, but defend a family whose entire wealth is directly tied to Oil Company profits.

Sounds like precisely one person is bitching about people's wealth and that's you whining about Gore and pretending you're some sort of entrepreneurial rockstar.

FYI...when you see a poll do you actual look at the internal polling data or do you blindly accept a poll on face value.
National Journal came out with a poll that showed Barry up 8pts.....they polled 1,004 Adults...not registered voters or likely voters, just adults, LOL...you can throw that poll out as nothing but propaganda

LMAO!! Yes, you must only cite polls that display results you want to see.

Dewey Beats Truman, anyone?

So here's how the game goes ... take a storyline and "FoxNewsify" it.

Here's my call for this summer .....

Oil inventories are very high as global demand has eased and burgeoning economies like China are slowing their pace of consumption just a bit. Here in the US we seasonally see gas prices spike (irrelevant of Oil prices, a shock to some people) because of the "summer travel season." For the past few weeks FoxNews has been running with a story and the GOP is running ads that compare the price of a gallon of gas in January 2009 to today and the assertion that the Presidents' office has anything at all to do with gas prices (or oil prices).

Now regardless of the fact that in Jan 2009 the country was in the throes of the worst recession since the 1920's and everything was cheaper ...and we were within weeks of the stock market bottom on March 9th and gas prices under Bush had been much, much, much higher than when Obama was inaugurated (as they are again now), the premise is simple --

"Obama is to blame for Gas Prices and you should vote against him/blame him for this!"

Well, gas prices are going to be coming down and coming down pretty nicely. Oil will be trading under $100/barrel and after the initial, traditional summer "bump," gas will actually be cheaper than it has been recently.

The situation will be FoxNewsified to be: "Obama is manipulating gas prices in order to win the election only after he caused it to rise for 3yrs"

This is what is so fun about the game -- it's easy and anyone can play and you don't have to be bound by truth or facts.

Sort of like how Rush Limbaugh said the BP gulf oil spill was no big deal because when you compare the millions of gallons of spilled oil to the much larger millions of gallons of water, well .....well, duh.

*Cue the token post and reply about MSNBC or Bill Maher or the mythical "liberal media"

Yeah right, just a token, but absolutely true going the other way too. Certainly don't let facts get in your way either.

Funny how that game is played huh?

You hypocritical ass. You bitch and whine about the Oil Companies profits and blame the President you hate for it, but defend a family whose entire wealth is directly tied to Oil Company profits.

Sounds like precisely one person is bitching about people's wealth and that's you whining about Gore and pretending you're some sort of entrepreneurial rockstar.

who's whining about Oil Co profits..not me...you are....

Bush's wealth didnt come from Oil alone.....man your ignorant

Yeah right, just a token, but absolutely true going the other way too. Certainly don't let facts get in your way either.

Funny how that game is played huh?

certainly both sides have their partisan hacks. I think the difference is that Fox really doesn't supply anything but partisan hacks. The token liberals on the network, like Juan Williams or (formerly) Alan Colmes are always shouted down, or in the event are allowed to express an opinion, parrot the same right wing line allowing the network to say "See! Even a 'liberal' agrees with us."

Fox's broadcasting and content is determined entirely by Roger Ailes... do you know who that is?

The entire network shouldn't be considered "news" as much as "what I need to believe if want to follow the GOP party line."

while you might still have to wade through some slant on MSNBC, at least they're presenting you with some substance along the way. Not on the Ed Show, but on Last Word and Maddow.

For the record, I don't really get my news from either side, although I don't even bother with Fox... I can't even tolerate it as comic relief anymore. it's just too painful. even with Glenn Beck gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back