Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fox News Game

You are all falling for the waiving handkerchief by paying attention to the rudimentary presentation of today's events, no matter who is presenting them. Don't fall for the filters. Read and react to the events without buffers. Rome is burning and we are all fiddling. Don't look to anyone else but yourselves for the solution. You are a sovereign person. Act like one.

You are all falling for the waiving handkerchief by paying attention to the rudimentary presentation of today's events, no matter who is presenting them. Don't fall for the filters. Read and react to the events without buffers. Rome is burning and we are all fiddling. Don't look to anyone else but yourselves for the solution. You are a sovereign person. Act like one.

You're right. If this keeps going on I'll either be dead or in jail.

not exactly Fox News, but tangentially related... Rupert Murdoch changes his story AGAIN related to the phone hacking scandal in the UK, admits responsibility, but only in a vague sense... LINK.

I guess the analogy to the News of the World in the States would be to the NY Post, not so much Fox News. I could see the Post pulling some crap like this.

certainly both sides have their partisan hacks. I think the difference is that Fox really doesn't supply anything but partisan hacks. The token liberals on the network, like Juan Williams or (formerly) Alan Colmes are always shouted down, or in the event are allowed to express an opinion, parrot the same right wing line allowing the network to say "See! Even a 'liberal' agrees with us."

Fox's broadcasting and content is determined entirely by Roger Ailes... do you know who that is?

The entire network shouldn't be considered "news" as much as "what I need to believe if want to follow the GOP party line."

while you might still have to wade through some slant on MSNBC, at least they're presenting you with some substance along the way. Not on the Ed Show, but on Last Word and Maddow.

For the record, I don't really get my news from either side, although I don't even bother with Fox... I can't even tolerate it as comic relief anymore. it's just too painful. even with Glenn Beck gone.

See, but you still throw around your opinion like it is some kind of fact, which of course, it isn't. If you don't bother with Fox News, then how the hell do you know whether they supply anything but partisan hacks? Oh that's right, you probably got that from the Huffington Post, right? Face it, you either know nothing about it, other than what some slanted media going the other way tells you, or you pay much more attention to it than you claim.

Of course I know who the CEO of Fox News is. The fact that you do speaks volumes about how much you really ignore the channel. Even for "comic relief", your knowledge of what goes on there is better than a lot of Conservatives that I know. Riiight -I believe that whopper. NOT!!

Substance, my misguided friend, is in the eye of the beholder, and you have no special claim or talent in identifying it.

Lastly, notice what a number of the other media outlets did and said, even quite liberal ones, when it was suggested by the partisan hacks that you suggest are so few in these other media outlets, that Fox News is not "News". They defended them.

Keep ranting about if you want, but it is, not so thinly veiled, partisanship on your part and that is pretty much it.

See, but you still throw around your opinion like it is some kind of fact, which of course, it isn't. If you don't bother with Fox News, then how the hell do you know whether they supply anything but partisan hacks? Oh that's right, you probably got that from the Huffington Post, right? Face it, you either know nothing about it, other than what some slanted media going the other way tells you, or you pay much more attention to it than you claim.

Of course I know who the CEO of Fox News is. The fact that you do speaks volumes about how much you really ignore the channel. Even for "comic relief", your knowledge of what goes on there is better than a lot of Conservatives that I know. Riiight -I believe that whopper. NOT!!

Substance, my misguided friend, is in the eye of the beholder, and you have no special claim or talent in identifying it.

Lastly, notice what a number of the other media outlets did and said, even quite liberal ones, when it was suggested by the partisan hacks that you suggest are so few in these other media outlets, that Fox News is not "News". They defended them.

Keep ranting about if you want, but it is, not so thinly veiled, partisanship on your part and that is pretty much it.

You could've saved a lot of internet space by simply typing "THAT'S JUST YOUR OPINION" which is all you really said, and is of course not a counter-argument, nor does it disprove anything I said.

also, Roger Ailes is the president of Fox News & chairman of the tv group of NewsCorp, not the CEO.

I don't typically read the HuffPo, and personally, I dislike Arriana Huffington, but I suppose that won't matter to you, since you're just out blasting away with allegations here.

That is the whole premise of the game ...only you describe it much better. We amuse ourselves by taking events and predicting Fox' spin ...do the same with Ed Schultz & MSNBC.

You could've saved a lot of internet space by simply typing "THAT'S JUST YOUR OPINION" which is all you really said, and is of course not a counter-argument, nor does it disprove anything I said.

also, Roger Ailes is the president of Fox News & chairman of the tv group of NewsCorp, not the CEO.

I don't typically read the HuffPo, and personally, I dislike Arriana Huffington, but I suppose that won't matter to you, since you're just out blasting away with allegations here.

You could have saved a lot of internet space, by not posting your ridiculous opinion in the first place, but you didn't. So guess what - I won't either.

Pardon me. Chairman not CEO.

Huff Post - I know you don't read much. It is there to represent the entire left partisan hack community, and I can see it hit its mark.

There is plenty of counter-argument there. You saying there isn't means even less than the fact you don't read Huff Post all that much. Typical Champ crap - yeah I was just blasting away with allegations. LOL.

FOX is not a News channel. Several of the Conservative friends I have wont watch FOX News, it's one thing to slant the news, we expect that, but another thing entirely to lie. FOX News has been caught lying hundreds of times now and you know what happens? Nothing, no one gets fired, no one gets demoted or reprimanded, nothing happens. FOX gets caught doctoring video and audio, posted fake statistics and graphs, mislabeling people and distorting photos. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of documented cases, yet no one ever pays a price for it. I see CBS firing an anchor, I see NBC firing a producer for infractions that go on at FOX every day, yet no one from FOX loses their job.

People must like being lied to, not bias, not a slant, but out and out lies, it's sad really that a major source of News for a large portion of the population has less credibility than the National Enquirer. Hey, we all know MSNBC is biased, but at least they aren't lying everyday, and when they do get caught doing something shady at least people get fired.

Last edited:
FOX is not a News channel. Several of the Conservative friends I have wont watch FOX News, it's one thing to slant the news, we expect that, but another thing entirely to lie. FOX News has been caught lying hundreds of times now and you know what happens? Nothing, no one gets fired, no one gets demoted or reprimanded, nothing happens. FOX gets caught doctoring video and audio, posted fake statistics and graphs, mislabeling people and distorting photos. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of documented cases, yet no one ever pays a price for it. I see CBS firing an anchor, I see NBC firing a producer for infractions that go on at FOX every day, yet no one from FOX loses their job.

People must like being lied to, not bias, not a slant, but out and out lies, it's sad really that a major source of News for a large portion of the population has less credibility than the National Enquirer. Hey, we all know MSNBC is biased, but at least they aren't lying everyday, and when they do get caught doing something shady at least people get fired.

People love being lied to.

The corporate media will say anything to get viewers and $$$$...and both sides are controlled by the corporations.

It's wanton ignorance at this point too, honestly, one of my best buds, Rich, is Conservative, when the buildup to Iraq was happening he said to me, "John, if they don't find WMDs, not only will I not watch Bill O'Reilly ever again, but I will never watch FOX again." Well, predictable, WMDs was a moving target, like everything else in the Iraq War. They didn't find WMDs and he's still watching FOX news and Bill O'Reilly night after night. I used to send him clips of instances where FOX was caught red handed lying about data or altering a video, audio, or quote, but there's just wanton ignorance at this point so I no longer bother. He'll just come up with an instance of MSNBC being biased and call it even, even after I point out that bias isn't the same thing as lying.

Rich is a great guy, he's smart, generous, and loyal, but when it comes to FOX News he just shuts down the thinking part of his brain. We stick to sports talk and beer drinking.

It's all happening right in front of us on channels like CSpan and on websites like whitehouse.gov. Go to the sources and the core issues.

It's wanton ignorance at this point too, honestly, one of my best buds, Rich, is Conservative, when the buildup to Iraq was happening he said to me, "John, if they don't find WMDs, not only will I not watch Bill O'Reilly ever again, but I will never watch FOX again." Well, predictable, WMDs was a moving target, like everything else in the Iraq War. They didn't find WMDs and he's still watching FOX news and Bill O'Reilly night after night. I used to send him clips of instances where FOX was caught red handed lying about data or altering a video, audio, or quote, but there's just wanton ignorance at this point so I no longer bother. He'll just come up with an instance of MSNBC being biased and call it even, even after I point out that bias isn't the same thing as lying.

Rich is a great guy, he's smart, generous, and loyal, but when it comes to FOX News he just shuts down the thinking part of his brain. We stick to sports talk and beer drinking.

My neighbor across the street is like that.

He thinks Bill O'Reilly is the greatest man in the world. He used to be a big Glenn Beck fan too, along with Hannity. Lately he agrees some about FOX News, and the fact that they have been caught distorting the truth or outright falsifying, but still put's O'Reilly on a pedestal.

It's almost as if he has no opinion, until he knows what Bill's opinion is, then adopts that. But he's kinda old, so I'm assuming it's early onset Alzheimer's.

I realize all media puts it's flavor of spin on everything, but I detest FOX News for purposely misinforming a large portion of our country for political motivation.

^^^^ People also latch on to the figurative teats of Ed Schultz, Rachael Maddow, Chris Matthews, Jon Stuart, Randi Rhodes as well. People seem to need validation.

^^^^ People also latch on to the figurative teats of Ed Schultz, Rachael Maddow, Chris Matthews, Jon Stuart, Randi Rhodes as well. People seem to need validation.

While I agree with most of those, I don't think you can lump Maddow in with the rest of them. Stuart has his partisan hack moments, but isn't generally as bad (he's a comedian, after all...) but Maddow has had on guests that have been consistent with their criticism of Bush AND Obama, (to the extent the Obama administration has followed Bush Jr.'s in terms of the War on Terror, warrantless wiretapping, torture, etc.)

and Maddow always makes an effort to invite on politicians or guests if she's doing a piece critical of them or a position they hold. they don't always accept, but at least she makes an effort to inform her audience of that.

i.e. she's as close to "fair and balanced" as one can be on network news.

While I agree with most of those, I don't think you can lump Maddow in with the rest of them. Stuart has his partisan hack moments, but isn't generally as bad (he's a comedian, after all...) but Maddow has had on guests that have been consistent with their criticism of Bush AND Obama, (to the extent the Obama administration has followed Bush Jr.'s in terms of the War on Terror, warrantless wiretapping, torture, etc.)

and Maddow always makes an effort to invite on politicians or guests if she's doing a piece critical of them or a position they hold. they don't always accept, but at least she makes an effort to inform her audience of that.

My impression is fair, but not balanced. Her bias is obvious, but she does not lie or omit obvious truth to pitch her side. CNN seems both fair and balanced to me as does the Christian Science Monitor (don't pre-judge from the name)

It's not the bias of FOX News or MSNBC that's a problem. Both are biased and both have viewers looking for affirmation of their opinions, but one network is caught blatantly lying every single day and there are no consequences. The other doctored an audio tape and people got fired. You can't compare the integrity of the 2 because of that.

I like the christian science monitor. I wouldnt bash an otherwise decent paper because of its name

Maddow is a political commentator. Not a journalist. I like her, though. I'll consider your opinion. She and Rand Paul are constantly talking on her program.

Back