Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Bears @ Lions Thread

11 times its happened the last 2 years. A freak week 1...fine i get it. But this is the 11th time! Youre telling me Peyton Manning lets that happen?....11 TIMES!???!!!!???!

I?m right there w you brotha! Nobody in the Lions organization should have a leash. Every job should be on the line. It?s time to win. No excuses!

It?s a new year from last year. Let the results play themself out and make decision based off the final 2020/21 results. If we get out the 1st, keep people together. If not, rebuild the rebuilt.

Roll up a Brinks Truck to Bill Cowher after week four when we are 0-4. (Which I do not want to happen The losing). This Franchise needs name recognition to change everything about it. At 63 we could get a few years from him.

Last edited:
The loss is on Patrica, Defense, and Stafford in that order.

Lol
Stafford was 24-42 1 td 1 Int, and missed way to many passes in the 4th quarter with a chance to put it away.. Then the veteran Qb takes a critical sack when a field goal probably salts the game away. His qb rating was freaking 45.5. Matt was not that good yesterday when it was dagger time. The game never should came down to a pass to A rookie running back. That was a great pass by Stafford. Stafford is our best player. When is he going to take over games and really hurt teams and save his shitty defense. Because Patrica isn?t going to

Patrica
Wtf game are they calling in the first three quarters ? Because the 4th quarter was a disaster again by Patrica?s defense. Patrica has to start calling better games. He may be fired after week four if he starts 0-4.

Look if Prater makes a 55 yard fg the game is probably over. If Patrica punts maybe the game is over to. Who knows. Prater has the leg. It?s good from 45 yards where he should have kicked from.

Its also good from 65 as well. He just pushed it.

Cool it w the Stafford excuses. At some point after 11+ years, it’s time to prove it and win. No more excuses. We all like him, root for him but it’s time to win!

It's time for the defense to make 2 stops in the 4th Quarter. Or force a turnover or 2. It's time to run the ball in the 4th Quarter with more sucess.

Stafford is the reason they should have won the game.

Last edited:
It's time for the defense to make 2 stops in the 4th Quarter. Or force a turnover or 2. It's time to run the ball in the 4th Quarter with more sucess.

Sounds like they have a shitty coach and a shitty defense.

Ross: Goes for two when behind by four, can't kick FG on final drive, loses game.
Morningweg: Wins the OT toss, TAKES THE WIND INSTEAD OF THE BALL, then ACCEPTS a holding penalty that nullifies a 4th and EIGHT on the Lions' 35, giving the Bears the BALL AGAIN FOR TWO MORE PLAYS, loses game.
Patricia: Punts on Punting, loses game.

Top 3 CBs went down. No coach survives that

This is merely another lame and feckless excuse. (redundancy intended)

This organization owes its fanbase a minimum of four Super Bowl Championships before it even begins to make retribution for its overall ineptitude displayed since November 22, 1963, when Bill Ford assumed full ownership of the franchise.

I'll just let that one drift. Except to say that this deal hopefully was sealed before 1:30 EST on that day.

did the backups do that bad? Bears WRs caught 14 balls for 201 yards.

Starting WRs
4 for 76
5 for 74

Trubisky was low yards until the 4th Quarter. Yes they did that bad. McCrae and Roberts got beat. Graham beat Will Harris on a blitz but that is safety backup too. If Trufant and Coleman play full game, Lions win by 20

And it was short fields for the Bears. Kick return, long FG miss and pick. So not as many yards needed for the torchings.

Last edited:
looking at the stats a little more...Stafford really had a poor 4th quarter. 8-17 (47%) completion for 73 yards (4.3 YPA) and a rating of 34.7

yuck

looking at the stats a little more...Stafford really had a poor 4th quarter. 8-17 (47%) completion for 73 yards (4.3 YPA) and a rating of 34.7

yuck

Td pass was dropped. Int not his fault. Last incomplete doesnt happen with td pass

Td pass was dropped. Int not his fault. Last incomplete doesnt happen with td pass

Post hoc, ergo prompter hoc.

The INT resulted from Stafford's poor decision to attempt to force the football through the eye of a needle.

You have 11+years of Stafford excuses. At some point, accountability needs to come into play.

Stafford dropped 30 points from his play against a top 10 defense

What more do you want

Stafford dropped 30 points from his play against a top 10 defense

What more do you want

I think people want an actual 30 points, not your hypothetical 30

You never change. It's kind of entertaining to make fun of you, but sometimes I feel bad making fun of someone so slow. :lmao:

I think people want an actual 30 points, not your hypothetical 30

You never change. It's kind of entertaining to make fun of you, but sometimes I feel bad making fun of someone so slow. :lmao:

Read what i wrote. Staffords play was 30 points worthy. Hello drop. Yes i want swift to catch that game winning perfect throw.

Stafford played 30 points worth if awesome

The slow one here is you

Read what i wrote. Staffords play was 30 points worthy. Hello drop. Yes i want swift to catch that game winning perfect throw.

Stafford played 30 points worth if awesome

The slow one here is you

here is why you are slow. Every year you come up with these hypothetical conditions...played to 30 points, true wins, etc...

I'm sure you will go back to the well of stupid excuses if / when the Lions lose to GB this weekend. I'm sure you will have them at "a true 2-0" regardless of the actual outcome.:cheers:

No trufant and coleman is already pretty big
Maybe no vaitai and golladay again too

Way too banged up early

Green bay lost taylor and maybe kenny clark. Advantage for green bay

And it not hypothetical. Its on the game tape. Stafford threw a perfect pass. Swift dropped the ball

23+7 is 30 where i come from

Going to be tough without these cbs. See what we can do

You just want to bash lions and blame stafford. Its obvious

Last edited:
Back