Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Bears @ Lions Thread

No trufant and coleman is already pretty big
Maybe no vaitai and golladay again too

Way too banged up early

Green bay lost taylor and maybe kenny clark. Advantage for green bay

And it not hypothetical. Its on the game tape. Stafford threw a perfect pass. Swift dropped the ball

23+7 is 30 where i come from

Going to be tough without these cbs. See what we can do

You just want to bash lions and blame stafford. Its obvious

Players drop balls all the time. It happens.

I do want to bash the Lions...they deserve it. They are a joke and have been for decades. I don't put all of the blame on Stafford. He is probably down the list behind the coaching and lack of talent on the front 7. He might be one of the best players on the team, but that doesn't change the fact that he had a poor game and deserves some of it.

Stafford did not have a poor game. Even elite qbs make 3 to 4 mistakes a game

Stafford did not have a poor game. Even elite qbs make 3 to 4 mistakes a game

Stafford made 3 to 4 mistakes in the 4th quarter to lose us the game. Elite qbs dont do that....over and over and over and over and over.

...and over....

and over....

and over....

and over....

and over...

He made maybe 1 on the sack. Int not his fault

Stafford plays elite. Calamity of little errors mainly by backups
Fluky pick
Rare prater miss
Ill timed drop
Backup cbs getting beat

Stafford biggest reason they should have won the game per usual

Last edited:
Stafford made 3 to 4 mistakes in the 4th quarter to lose us the game. Elite qbs dont do that....over and over and over and over and over.

...and over....

and over....

and over....

and over....

and over...

giphy.gif

I’m just tired of Stafford not delivering wins. He doesn’t. They better fire Patrica when , and if he starts 0-4.... There isn’t one poster who has not faulted other facets the Lions in this loss. Patrica , defense and Matt, OC, and the reason the Lions lost . Bevell was awful Sunday.

How good is Arizona? I like their young QB but I don't know but the M.O. of the Lions these last years is get frustrated, maybe even turn on them early only to get a surprise win and get back in the graces of the fans. I think GB could be that game. We sort of had their number lately so it's possible.

from what I hear, MN's D isn't any good which was the main reason GB's offense rolled last weekend. Of course, __etroit almost never has a D

How good is Arizona? I like their young QB but I don't know but the M.O. of the Lions these last years is get frustrated, maybe even turn on them early only to get a surprise win and get back in the graces of the fans. I think GB could be that game. We sort of had their number lately so it's possible.

The officials won't allow a DET win over GB.

I recall that the officials flagged Flowers for hands to the face twice in a game vs. GB last season and they were clearly wrong on both accounts and they had a direct impact on the outcome.

So, there's that, though Vincent gives the refs the initial call to save "face."

poor officiating has been a thing in the NFL (all sports for that matter) forever. Fans of specific teams think that officials have it out for their teams when it isn't the case. It's just that they spend most of their time watching their own teams and watch with a biased point of view.

I have never seen an opponent fan or team claim about a bad call that went in lions favor that was so clear and obvious. Especially in packers game. Never in lions favor. All packer fans i know admit lions got screwed last year

Lions have like 4 a year against them

poor officiating has been a thing in the NFL (all sports for that matter) forever. Fans of specific teams think that officials have it out for their teams when it isn't the case. It's just that they spend most of their time watching their own teams and watch with a biased point of view.

These officials are too good to be bad.

And the point is officials do make mistakes in Lions game and other games (Gallup OPI latest one)

But you better start pointing out mistakes in favor of the Lions. Especially big time fouls or non calls in close games. Thats the whole point, the mistakes always go against the Lions. I want 10-15 specific examples in the Lions favor by the end of the season. Clear and obvious and resulting in a Lions win.

The "evens out thing" is the problem because it doesn't even out in Lions specific games. And they aren't out to get the Lions, they are just incompetent refs and Lions play alot of close games.

Last edited:
And the point is officials do make mistakes in Lions game and other games (Gallup OPI latest one)

But you better start pointing out mistakes in favor of the Lions. Especially big time fouls or non calls in close games. Thats the whole point, the mistakes always go against the Lions. I want 10-15 specific examples in the Lions favor by the end of the season. Clear and obvious and resulting in a Lions win.

The "evens out thing" is the problem because it doesn't even out in Lions specific games. And they aren't out to get the Lions, they are just incompetent refs and Lions play alot of close games.

The problem is that the Lions play in a lot of close games. Bad calls in games that one team or another has a commanding lead don't get the hype. Or, bad calls early in games vs. bad calls late (Dallas and Cinci OPI last weekend). If the Lions were good enough to get big leads then the calls wouldn't matter...but they aren't. On the other hand, if they were REALLY bad, the calls wouldn't matter either.

So, you are right in one respect, the Lions are in too many close games.

The problem is that the Lions play in a lot of close games. Bad calls in games that one team or another has a commanding lead don't get the hype. Or, bad calls early in games vs. bad calls late (Dallas and Cinci OPI last weekend). If the Lions were good enough to get big leads then the calls wouldn't matter...but they aren't. On the other hand, if they were REALLY bad, the calls wouldn't matter either.

[B[So, you are right in one respect, the Lions are in too many close games[/B].

Well, it would be pretty hard to consistently blow two score 4th quarter leads, game after game after game, if the games weren?t close at all.

They were up 13 0 and 22 13 late in 4th on the packers last year. Those are nice leads. Then the refs start making bad calls allowing packers to catch up

Chiefs game was back and forth. You expect us to havr big lead on chiefs?

Refa cost us both those games. Didnt matter once stafford hurt but we will never know. Many nfl games are close

Up 17 3 with david blough at qb too

Last edited:
We lost. Let’s put week 1 behind us and focus on GB.

Who’s going to start that thread?!

Back