Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Bears @ Lions Thread

Matt missed a wide open Cephus I think on the play right before the sack. It was a terrible throw. No one is saying he isn?t the reason we had the lead.
Stafford is the reason we didn't have a bigger lead

Why was Patrica so highly thought of ? Hell his defense with the Lions just stinks and yet New England lose what 5-10 players and just retools with what they have and still holds Miami to 11 points. Shame lions brain trust couldn't realize how good Bill was when he was a coach in Detroit.

Last edited:
Every year I love the Lions and every year they find a way to beat down his enthusiasm.

I dont expect much but I do expect the defense to not allow 3 TDs in the 4th quarter from the worst starting QB in the NFL. The offense made some mistakes but this loss is on the defense and coaching staff.

Our best player was the one with the least amount of Lions coaching AP.

Same thing happened when we traded for Snacks, he was.our best player, than declined the following year after.lions coached him up.

Defense was awful all game. They only gave up 6 pts thru 3 qtrs cause trubisky was so bad. No pass rush and can't cover.

Stafford was the reason we should have won... but he's also the reason we lost. That 4th qtr sack and thrown int were terrible 4th qtr decisions.

Coaching was so bad. Up 23-6... just run the ball and you win. A bunch of incompletions and a sack later...poof you lose.

I actually thought the pass rush was decent until the 4th

Every year I love the Lions and every year they find a way to beat down his enthusiasm.

I dont expect much but I do expect the defense to not allow 3 TDs in the 4th quarter from the worst starting QB in the NFL. The offense made some mistakes but this loss is on the defense and coaching staff.

You're 100% right but I mean, not trying to go all LKP on you, our top 2 corners were hurt during the game and had to play Roberts and Mccrae at the end and we were holding up well with them in mind you... Sucks Okudah was inactive... REALLY could have used him today. O doesn't help the leader of our defense our starting MLB gets ejected in the first quarter.... Not trying to make excuses but we were one rookie falling down with the ball instead of trying to turn up field when he was ALREADY in the end zone away from winning the game... But alas new year same old shit.

You need more than a couple 9-7 seasons. He just looks so good because Patricia is so bad.

Well yeah...and many coaches before him make him look that good too, right?

The statistics bear that out - it?s inarguable.

Riddle me this, Batman ? will Matt Patricia have two 9-7 seasons in a row, or will he be fired before that happens?

I think we both know the answer to that.

Think about our off season for a minute lmao:
Okudah didn't dress
Swift dropped game winning pass
Okwara didn't see the field
Collins head butted a ref
Trufant injured hamstring

Lmao....

Well yeah...and many coaches before him make him look that good too, right?

The statistics bear that out - it?s inarguable.

Riddle me this, Batman ? will Matt Patricia have two 9-7 seasons in a row, or will he be fired before that happens?

I think we both know the answer to that.

You're over valuing Caldwell I think.. You keep doing it until you find that guy.

Patricia had the audacity to say that he had one of the greatest defensive plays in Super Bowl history in response to being asked if there’s some facet of his coaching holding his team back in the 4th quarter. As if that has anything to do with you as a head coach. And if the Seahawks don’t lose their minds that play never happens.

Patrica is a freaking Joke. Will any press in Detroit have guts to call him and his staff out. I hope so because these 4th quarter losses are disgusting. You out play a team for 35 minutes but can’t finish. Seems like a bad trend under Matt has formed and won’t go away until he is cleansed from the building.

Last edited:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pr...onse-detroit-lions-4th-quarter-malcolm-butler

Good piece about what SpartyNash was saying. Patricia simply doesn’t realize it. That’s fuckin scary. When every fan can see the coaching errors your making and your answer to the question takes you back 5 years one ONE play.

Unbelievable.

This guy needs to go. Now. Zero point in waiting. Shit, at this point I’d be excited if we brought back Caldwell.

Patricia had the audacity to say that he had one of the greatest defensive plays in Super Bowl history in response to being asked if there?s some facet of his coaching holding his team back in the 4th quarter. As if that has anything to do with you as a head coach. And if the Seahawks don?t lose their minds that play never happens.

Exactly. If the Seahawks just run the ball they win a super bowl.....then what would Patricia have to say.

Tell ya what, if they go 0-4 to start this season, which is looking VERY likely with the rest of this schedule, do not take Patricia on the plane to Jacksonville after the bye.

There would be ZERO REASON to keep him as coach if he starts 0-4.

Think about our off season for a minute lmao:
Okudah didn't dress
Swift dropped game winning pass
Okwara didn't see the field
Collins head butted a ref
Trufant injured hamstring

Lmao....

Halopaaaaanalaaaatilititiliu didn?t dress, either. Our biggest off season acquisition.

Back