Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Lions @ Bears Thread

comparing the Lions to SF is laughable. They lost their starting QB, Kittle (better than any player on the Lions), first and second string RBs for most of the season, #1 and #2 WRs for many games, DBs for most games, plus 3/4 of the DL.

The 49er injuries (including their starting QB) and will likely have the same record as the Lions. The Lions had 3 wins last year with WAY fewer injuries than what the 49ers have dealt with this year.

Stafford injury trumps all those 49ers injuries. And Detroit had several DT injuries, Slay/Walker were banged up, Marvn got hurt, KJ got hurt. Big time injuries in 2019 too

Lions 3/4 of Dline, Swift, KG, 2-3 DBs all year, Amendola 2 games when others hurt, Stafford thumb. These are huge huge injuries yet again. Constant JACK injuries too with Bryant and Okwara. Vaitai most of year and Dahl earlier. Now Crosby is hurt, KJ hurt again now too

And then we face the Bears and they have just a few guys out (Cohen, Daniels and Massie). We still figure out a way to win

Last edited:
Stafford injury trumps all those 49ers injuries.

C'mon man.......I can live with you being an unrealistic homer. God knows I have friends that are Michigan fans that are like that.....but this is just you trolling. It's the same shit that gets you banned. Not even you believe that and you know it.

Talking 2019. Stafford is a our team. See 0-8

And Lions super banged up this year and playing most teams that aren't as banged up. Big reason they are only 5-7 plus Patricia mess

Last edited:
c'mon man.......i can live with you being an unrealistic homer. God knows i have friends that are michigan fans that are like that.....but this is just you trolling. It's the same shit that gets you banned. Not even you believe that and you know it.

Hey! Michigan NEVER loses it just runs out of time and the refs have hosed them in every single loss.

another example of you propping your boy up while throwing the rest of the team under the bus.

This comment supports my contention that the entire team is pretty much garbage with the exception of Stafford and a very few other decent players.

another example of you propping your boy up while throwing the rest of the team under the bus.

This comment supports my contention that the entire team is pretty much garbage with the exception of Stafford and a very few other decent players.

Stafford is good and very important. But this is another example of you not paying attention. Marvin was hurt too, KJ hurt most of that time, Hock a rookie. And defense banged up too.

Also, it's not like they went from Stafford to a decent QB like Mullens or Dalton or somebody like that. They went to garbage Driskel, then he got hurt and then they went to inexperienced Blough.

When they go from Stafford to a decent backup QB, then maybe they would have a chance. That is why the Stafford 2019 injury mattered even more, the backup QB situation was beyond horrendous

Stafford is good and very important. But this is another example of you not paying attention. Marvin was hurt too, KJ hurt most of that time, Hock a rookie. And defense banged up too.

Also, it's not like they went from Stafford to a decent QB like Mullens or Dalton or somebody like that. They went to garbage Driskel, then he got hurt and then they went to inexperienced Blough.

When they go from Stafford to a decent backup QB, then maybe they would have a chance. That is why the Stafford 2019 injury mattered even more, the backup QB situation was beyond horrendous

All of these points you make are great indicators that the GM did a really shitty job.

lol at you suggesting that losing a Marvin Jones or KJ would actually hurt. Any decent team losing players like that wouldn't impact them a bit.

And Lions super banged up this year and playing most teams that aren't as banged up. Big reason they are only 5-7 plus Patricia mess

Lets call him a great QB....hes not....but lets just say he is. I have no reason to keep a great QB on this roster when the garbage around him goes 0-8 when hes out. Theres no reason....none....to pay a "great" qb $35 mil he will command in a new cba when your team is terrible. 12 years...its time to move on. Pay a rookie $2 mil and rebuild your defense.

Just think how young we were when we started to argue about the Detroit Lions and/or Matt Stafford. I was 43 when we drafted Matt, I was 26 when we last won a playoff game. I was 6 when I should have not watched my first game.

Just think how young we were when we started to argue about the Detroit Lions and/or Matt Stafford. I was 43 when we drafted Matt, I was 26 when we last won a playoff game. I was 6 when I should have not watched my first game.

Last NFL championship: 9 months old

First watched game: 7 years old

Best Lions' team in my lifetime: 13 years old

Last playoff win: 33 years old

Stafford drafted: 52 years old

All of these points you make are great indicators that the GM did a really shitty job.

lol at you suggesting that losing a Marvin Jones or KJ would actually hurt. Any decent team losing players like that wouldn't impact them a bit.

It' the combo. Stafford, KJ, Marvin. That's alot of firepower and it showed.

Marvin is a good player. That's a fact. Hock is good, he was just a rookie though. KJ had a good rookie year over 5 YPC, of course you rely on that guy going into 2019, then fell flat on his face a good amount then got hurt.

Oline blocking didn't help even with good players there in Ragnow, Dahl and Glasgow. Wagner had been good then regressed at RT. Decker is good and was really good. They rotated in Wiggins alot for some reason too at guard who stunk.

So again good players with talent. Some injuries and Stafford was a big one. Some who performed well previously but then stunk (KJ, Wagner). Overall Wagner was a good FA addition. KJ is TBD but looking not so much despite a rookie season that was good. And how much did 2 knee injuries affect KJ for 2020. Plus he is getting way less snaps

Last NFL championship: 9 months old

First watched game: 7 years old

Best Lions' team in my lifetime: 13 years old

Last playoff win: 33 years old

Stafford drafted: 52 years old
Life is good, Lions are sad.

Hey! Michigan NEVER loses it just runs out of time and the refs have hosed them in every single loss.

That's on par with a lot of their "reasoning". I also hear a LOT about winningest program.....which is fine. Michigan fans live life like it's still the 80's and 90's. They think that M is still nationally relevant, when in fact, they aren't. There's an entire GENERATION of kids that haven't seen Michigan do shit.

Michigan is the spoiled kid of a rich parent. They think they're important because mommy or daddy is. But they aren't. And they don't know it yet.

That's on par with a lot of their "reasoning". I also hear a LOT about winningest program.....which is fine. Michigan fans live life like it's still the 80's and 90's. They think that M is still nationally relevant, when in fact, they aren't. There's an entire GENERATION of kids that haven't seen Michigan do shit.

Michigan is the spoiled kid of a rich parent. They think they're important because mommy or daddy is. But they aren't. And they don't know it yet.

I actually think people are overreacting a bit to Harbaugh this year. They have a lot of young people on the field right now with not much experience. They lost ALOT from the defense the last 2 years then the injuries to Hutchinson and Mcgrone...poof...nothing left.

Their offensive talent all left early. Tarik black actually had to transfer because he didnt think he was going to get any PT. Little did he know he would have been the number 1 option this year lol. DPJ making plays in Cleveland and Nico opting out....now we have 5 fucking little mini slot WRs running 5 yard crossing routes all into each other all game.

They finally got the right QB. Just need some help on defense now and the oline to get some experience.

I actually think people are overreacting a bit to Harbaugh this year. They have a lot of young people on the field right now with not much experience. They lost ALOT from the defense the last 2 years then the injuries to Hutchinson and Mcgrone...poof...nothing left.

Their offensive talent all left early. Tarik black actually had to transfer because he didnt think he was going to get any PT. Little did he know he would have been the number 1 option this year lol. DPJ making plays in Cleveland and Nico opting out....now we have 5 fucking little mini slot WRs running 5 yard crossing routes all into each other all game.

They finally got the right QB. Just need some help on defense now and the oline to get some experience.

But that?s his job. Not trying to start a Michigan argument on a Lions board.....but why is it ok for him to be this thin? Isn?t he bringing it in nationally ranked classes every year? Why is he losing to a terrible MSU? OT against Rutgers? Ass raped by a winless Penn St?

Sorry. He?s not a good coach. He beats the weaklings. Splits with the above average. And loses badly against good teams. 2-13 against top 10 teams.

do you realize that you sound like the LKP for UM football

As a lifelong Michigan slap- no, there is no overreaction.

You can get any average-above average coach to emulate what Harbaugh is doing.

The way I see it playing out- Harbaugh signs this 2-3 year extension, and when they split with MSU and go 0-3 to OSU, he rids off into the dark sunset.

There are no more excuses. He's had six fucking years. Dude can't do shit here.

But that?s his job. Not trying to start a Michigan argument on a Lions board.....but why is it ok for him to be this thin? Isn?t he bringing it in nationally ranked classes every year? Why is he losing to a terrible MSU? OT against Rutgers? Ass raped by a winless Penn St?

Sorry. He?s not a good coach. He beats the weaklings. Splits with the above average. And loses badly against good teams. 2-13 against top 10 teams.

Look I don?t disagree with you . But How do you explain the ND ass pounding in the rain last time the two schools played ? Look I am over the Jim experiment. It didn?t work. They have try again. It really is frustrating because if you go back to his first few years Jim was here the scores were not that lopsided against Osu. But I just don?t see the the same coach that coached in the NFL. Something is really off with him just my opinion. I am so tired of The Michigan Man thing. I will barf if they hire another ex Michigan guy.

As a lifelong Michigan slap- no, there is no overreaction.

You can get any average-above average coach to emulate what Harbaugh is doing.

The way I see it playing out- Harbaugh signs this 2-3 year extension, and when they split with MSU and go 0-3 to OSU, he rids off into the dark sunset.

There are no more excuses. He's had six fucking years. Dude can't do shit here.

I agree. It?s time for a new coach. He just isn?t the same coach that he was at San Francisco. Something is really off with him.

Back