Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Lions @ Bears Thread

For good reason. Okudah was supposed to be a slam dunk. And we don't know what calls were fielded. Maybe nobody wanted to move up

maybe not. He may end up being really good. But, to take him at #3, he needs to be an all pro.

maybe not. He may end up being really good. But, to take him at #3, he needs to be an all pro.

We'll see what happens the next 3 years. Needs to fix his shoulder

All the hindsight GMing is fucking pointless. You don't know what scouts told Quinn, what game tape he saw, what other metrics and medical information he had available, details on combine stuff, interviews, how others GMs rated who. Armchair GMing is pointless. Nobody cares if you said take player X and that player just happens to work out. You didn't have all the information into why a decision wwas made.

We'll see on Okudah going forward. Happy with Swift so far if healthy (keep it up as many backs have shown early promise then didn't for various reason (mainly injuries). Solid choice in Jackson but seems to be hitting rookie wall, Julian Okwara needs to get healthy (and hopefully fit a scheme change). And Stenberge is raw. Like Cephus so far for a 5th round pick too. Huntley good talent but already dumped to other roster talent. Penisini looks solid for a 6th round. Cornell hurt in camp

TBD for all of them

actually, every discussion on this message board is fucking pointless. We are all adults talking about a meaningless game

Entertaining but nobody care if you got something "right" especially in hindsight. Especially when you made your guess on who to pick without all the information

Quin and Mayhew would run circles around everybody on here football wise no matter how they think "their picks" would have worked out. Even if they did get fired.

Just saw a video with Kiper and McShay. One had the Lions taking a WR in the top 10 and McShay has them taking Zach Wilson

Just saw a video with Kiper and McShay. One had the Lions taking a WR in the top 10 and McShay has them taking Zach Wilson

I wouldn't be upset with Wilson, but at that point, why not trade up a few pick, bite the bullet and use a 2nd, and take Trask.

Anyway.....we need playmakers on both sides of the ball.....WR, LB, LB, CB, S, DE

Better be a damn good free agent class or maybe we fleece somebody for Stafford and get a 1st and 2nd.

If we take a WR we as might as well cancel the season. How long does it take to realize the team needs front 7 defense. The LB group has been just terrible 4-5 years in a row. The rest of the defense sucks. Keep Okwara and get rid of everyone else.

I wouldn't be upset with Wilson, but at that point, why not trade up a few pick, bite the bullet and use a 2nd, and take Trask.

Anyway.....we need playmakers on both sides of the ball.....WR, LB, LB, CB, S, DE

Better be a damn good free agent class or maybe we fleece somebody for Stafford and get a 1st and 2nd.

I don't know anything about Trask but most of the mock drafts, etc. have him going after Wilson. Of course, a lot will change between now and the draft

Entertaining but nobody care if you got something "right" especially in hindsight. Especially when you made your guess on who to pick without all the information

Quin and Mayhew would run circles around everybody on here football wise no matter how they think "their picks" would have worked out. Even if they did get fired.

alot of us are very close on the predicted records every year....thats the opposite of hindsight. Then we argue with you all year as to why we were right and you were so far off.

Theres going to be 3 QBs that go before our pick. So the options will be like the 4th best QB, a top 2 WR, the 3rd best OL or reach for defense. Theres just not many defensive players currently projected 10-15. If i had to pick defense id go with LB Micah Parsons who hasnt played a snap in over a year.

Theres going to be 3 QBs that go before our pick. So the options will be like the 4th best QB, a top 2 WR, the 3rd best OL or reach for defense. Theres just not many defensive players currently projected 10-15. If i had to pick defense id go with LB Micah Parsons who hasnt played a snap in over a year.

We have holes everywhere and new schemes coming in. I hope they finally draft highest rated player on their draft board at time of pick. We?ve been reaching for positions for years. How else do we explain a TE in the top 10, followed by a CB at #3?

If I had it my way, I?d reach out to Dal and try to move Okudah and a later pick for their 1st. F*** it, I?d try and move any and everyone on this team for picks.

alot of us are very close on the predicted records every year....thats the opposite of hindsight. Then we argue with you all year as to why we were right and you were so far off.

Many factors. Nobody had 3 wins last year and should have been 10 if not for stafford injury and refs

This year everyone in 7 to 11 range. Will see where it ends up. Lots of unexpected this year too. Half the team is injured and patricia didnt improve the defense with his guys. Its razor thin in nfl from 7 to 11. Basically at 7 wins with bullshit injurirs and refs is same as 10 to 11 wins..so i would be right in that case too. You have 7 wins in optimal conditions but they get 7 wins in worst case scenario injury conditions

You guys guessed just to be negative and not believe in patricia. You didnt actually know, you are just negative. Patricia had his chance and blew it. Bevells turn now. Same with draft. You have no clue who will be good..you just randomly say names from youtube

Last edited:
Many factors. Nobody had 3 wins last year and should have been 10 if not for stafford injury and refs

This year everyone in 7 to 11 range. Will see where it ends up. Lots of unexpected this year too. Half the team is injured and patricia didnt improve the defense with his guys. Its razor thin in nfl from 7 to 11. Basically at 7 wins with bullshit injurirs and refs is same as 10 to 11 wins..so i would be right in that case too. You have 7 wins in optimal conditions but they get 7 wins in worst case scenario injury conditions

It's not razor thin between 7-11 wins. It might be between 7-9 but typically 10 and 11 win teams are really good, well rounded teams. The Lions are almost never really good, well rounded teams. They almost always have significant flaws. Almost every year, I predict somewhere between 6 and 9 wins, never more than 9.

This year is not your "worst case scenario" in terms of injuries. The Lions haven't been impacted any worse than almost any other team.

As far as last year being a 10 win team if Stafford doesn't get injured...not a chance. They would have been right in that 7-8 win window

It's not razor thin between 7-11 wins. It might be between 7-9 but typically 10 and 11 win teams are really good, well rounded teams. The Lions are almost never really good, well rounded teams. They almost always have significant flaws. Almost every year, I predict somewhere between 6 and 9 wins, never more than 9.

This year is not your "worst case scenario" in terms of injuries. The Lions haven't been impacted any worse than almost any other team.

As far as last year being a 10 win team if Stafford doesn't get injured...not a chance. They would have been right in that 7-8 win window

Yes they have. KG we've talked about. It matters more if he is out than other teams without a run game. Swift is a big injury. Flowers is a huge injury. Like 2-3 DBs all year are hurt. Makes it tough to cover big time. And then you have the game by game injury advantage. It's been like even 3 times and the Lions at a disadvantage the other 9 games for opponent by opponent injuries. It's not just who is hurt on your team. Is the other team more injured? Rarely does that work out in Lions favor. Carolina game it would have but everyone was hurt on Lions offense

3/4th of the Dline is out for Detroit. Look at San Fran. 3/4th of their Dline out too and guess what. 5-7 just like the Lions. They were in the Super Bowl by the way last year and built by Martin Mayhew. San Fran is a great example showing how razor thin it was between a 7 win team and a damn Super Bowl team.

Last edited:
Anyone listen to the Ticket this morning and listen to "Luke from Novi" defend Stafford and blast Jansen for "comparing him to Brady" in so far as Stafford has "not elevated" his teammates, like Brady has?

LKP: was that you? "Luke's" arguments were eerily similar.

Last edited:
Anyone listen to the Ticket this morning and listen to "Luke from Novi" defend Stafford and blast Jansen for "comparing him to Brady" in so far as Stafford has "not elevated" his teammates, like Brady has?

LKP: was that you? "Luke's" arguments were eerily similar.

Nope don't live in Michigan. But I like the guy

Patriots defense and run game and protection elevated Brady early in his career. He had good weapons some years and great some years. Recently been shitty but that defense has been really good again for Super Bowl runs with a run game. And shitty division.

Brady is a HOF QB still though, but he got the help he needed to show his HOF talents. When Stafford gets that same help, he'll have huge seasons. But it might not be in Detroit

Nope don't live in Michigan. But I like the guy

Patriots defense and run game and protection elevated Brady early in his career. He had good weapons some years and great some years. Recently been shitty but that defense has been really good again for Super Bowl runs with a run game. And shitty division.

Brady is a HOF QB still though, but he got the help he needed to show his HOF talents. When Stafford gets that same help, he'll have huge seasons. But it might not be in Detroit

You need to listen to this impassioned plea for Matt. But Luke was contesting that Matt had some great weapons around him, too. The contention is that Stafford has never "led his team to a meaningful win" and I have to agree with this.

You need to listen to this impassioned plea for Matt. But Luke was contesting that Matt had some great weapons around him, too. The contention is that Stafford has never "led his team to a meaningful win" and I have to agree with this.

There was some big wins that got them to the playoffs. Other wins that could have been meanginful if defense didn't blow things in lost seasons.

Playoff screw job in Dallas, defense problem against Saints and drops and no run game galore at Seattle. Seattle was making crazy catches too

This is the year to move on given the other FAs too. It's a naturally trading point and hope Stafford goes to a team that supports him properly with more than just weapons. He has weapons and plays well. To win you need other things too. team sport

Yes they have. KG we've talked about. It matters more if he is out than other teams without a run game. Swift is a big injury. Flowers is a huge injury. Like 2-3 DBs all year are hurt. Makes it tough to cover big time. And then you have the game by game injury advantage. It's been like even 3 times and the Lions at a disadvantage the other 9 games for opponent by opponent injuries. It's not just who is hurt on your team. Is the other team more injured? Rarely does that work out in Lions favor. Carolina game it would have but everyone was hurt on Lions offense

3/4th of the Dline is out for Detroit. Look at San Fran. 3/4th of their Dline out too and guess what. 5-7 just like the Lions. They were in the Super Bowl by the way last year and built by Martin Mayhew. San Fran is a great example showing how razor thin it was between a 7 win team and a damn Super Bowl team.

comparing the Lions to SF is laughable. They lost their starting QB, Kittle (better than any player on the Lions), first and second string RBs for most of the season, #1 and #2 WRs for many games, DBs for most games, plus 3/4 of the DL.

The 49er injuries (including their starting QB) and will likely have the same record as the Lions. The Lions had 3 wins last year with WAY fewer injuries than what the 49ers have dealt with this year.

Back