Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Vikings @ Lions Thread

We also had close games with San Fran, GB, and Chicago twice. Without Big Ben, Pittsburgh is still way better then us. Baltimore is one of the best teams in the AFC. Cleveland has a very good defense and one of the best rushing attacks in the league. The Lions have lost some of its best players to injury in what was alreadya crappy team. You can be an negative as you want, but the facts are the Lions are clearly outplaying their talent and that is due to the coaching.

One of the worst offenses in the league. like the 3rd worst defense in the league. If you want to call that "outplaying their talent because of coaching" have at it....not me. That sucks...the data tells you it sucks.

Throw ontop of that we have benched our OC lol because of personality clashes between the QB, OC and HC. Aaron Glenn losing multiple games for doing the same stupid lax defense on the last drive of games so we lose...and not learning form his mistakes. DC calling plays when he has no offense to begin with lol. This coaching staff is a complete shit show and is hampering the team more than helping.

Just my opinion but the stats back me up. 28th in total offense. 29th in total defense.

Last edited:
One of the worst offenses in the league. like the 3rd worst defense in the league. If you want to call that "outplaying their talent because of coaching" have at it....not me. That sucks...the data tells you it sucks.

Throw ontop of that we have benched our OC lol because of personality clashes between the QB, OC and HC. Aaron Glenn losing multiple games for doing the same stupid lax defense on the last drive of games so we lose...and not learning form his mistakes. DC calling plays when he has no offense to begin with lol. This coaching staff is a complete shit show and is hampering the team more than helping.

Just my opinion but the stats back me up. 28th in total offense. 29th in total defense.

They don't, though. They don't back you up because you have nothing to prove those stats against. You have no idea of knowing what the offensive or defensive numbers would be without the current coaches. Its a guess. Just because it's low doesn't mean it wouldn't be worse with someone else.

I think the offense has slightly underperformed.......but the defense has REALLY overperformed. Fuck the numbers. Our starting back 7 yesterday was.....

Anzelone
Harris
Oruwariye
Jacobs
Will Harris
Dean Marlow
Tracy Walker

You think those players should be HIGHER rated than they are?

They don't, though. They don't back you up because you have nothing to prove those stats against. You have no idea of knowing what the offensive or defensive numbers would be without the current coaches. Its a guess. Just because it's low doesn't mean it wouldn't be worse with someone else.

I think the offense has slightly underperformed.......but the defense has REALLY overperformed. Fuck the numbers. Our starting back 7 yesterday was.....

Anzelone
Harris
Oruwariye
Jacobs
Will Harris
Dean Marlow
Tracy Walker

The average NFL fan has probably never heard of a single one of these guys.

Its about the closeness of the games. Not win total. Lions could be 7-5 if not for some coaching and injuries with this subpar roster against a tough schedule..

:lmao:

There are 4 teams with 7 wins

here are the point differentials for the teams with 7 wins

+144
+64
+88

The Lions point differential is -113

+144
+64
+88

Last year it was "a couple plays from the playoffs". The year before it was "if Stafford hadn't missed the last 8 games".....the year before it was..........

We should petition the NFL to not allow Detroit Lions football ever again. We'd all be happy.

Anzelone
Harris
Oruwariye
Jacobs
Will Harris
Dean Marlow
Tracy Walker

dude 5 out of 7 of those guys were penciled in as starters for this team lmao. Those guys arent playing because of injury...thats actually REALLY good that those are the guys starting and not their back ups because thats who our GM decided to roll with.

+144
+64
+88

Lol. Lions were within one score in 5 losses and a tie though. So those are the wins. Bengals and Eagles and Packers losses skew that. But thanks for providing a meaningless stat

Negative 79 from 3 games

Last edited:
Lol. Lions were within one score in 5 losses and a tie though. So those are the wins. Bengals and Eagles and Packers losses skew that. But thanks for providing a meaningless stat

Negative 79 from 3 games

ok, I'll give wins to the 7 win teams in the games where they were within one score.

Bills 10-1
Chargers 10-2
Bengals 10-2
Colts 12-1

BTW...MN would be 12-0

so point differential is a stupid stat, but giving teams make believe wins is smart and a good indicator of how good a team really is???:tup:

ok, I'll give wins to the 7 win teams in the games where they were within one score.

Bills 10-1
Chargers 10-2
Bengals 10-2
Colts 12-1

BTW...MN would be 12-0

so point differential is a stupid stat, but giving teams make believe wins is smart and a good indicator of how good a team really is???:tup:

Not giving them wins. Just showing how close things really are in the nfl. Lions can figure out a way to make those plays next year or beyond with more talent and coaches that learn with more experience

Super close for lions missing a ton of talent..add a few more talented starters and the wins can come

Long story short, giving up on this gm and staff already would be beyond dumb

We should petition the NFL to not allow Detroit Lions football ever again. We'd all be happy.

Not me.

Sorry.

Love watching the Lions. Like everyone else, I wish they were better......but I still enjoy watching them every week.

Not me.

Sorry.

Love watching the Lions. Like everyone else, I wish they were better......but I still enjoy watching them every week.

Ive got a 9 year old daughter....i dont think shes ever seen me so happy when St Brown caught that pass. We hugged and started jumping up and down like crazy.

Part of me feels bad im subjecting her to this failure of an organization. Like i should be a better father and teach her to make better decisions...and being a Lions fan isnt one of them. Then another part of me thinks it will teach her loyalty, faith, hope.

Ive got a 9 year old daughter....i dont think shes ever seen me so happy when St Brown caught that pass. We hugged and started jumping up and down like crazy.

Part of me feels bad im subjecting her to this failure of an organization. Like i should be a better father and teach her to make better decisions...and being a Lions fan isnt one of them. Then another part of me thinks it will teach her loyalty, faith, hope.

Very similar situation for me. 10 year old son. He and I sitting on the couch....me yelling "one time, Goff"!!!

TD!!!

Running around the house high fiving! 14 year old son calls us.....he and my wife are on the way back from a soccer tournament in Indy......now all 4 of us are yelling.

Good times.

1-10-1!!

I use to be like you. I wish I still was but time has killed my dream.

It's tough.....no doubt about it. This year is the first time i've ever drawn a line in the sand when it comes to spending money on them. I will not invest one more dollar on Lions tickets/memorabilia ect......until they are competitive again.

Spent about $500 to take my boys to the Bengals game this year. Not doin that shit again until I am relatively certain we won't have to sit through that BS.

It's tough.....no doubt about it. This year is the first time i've ever drawn a line in the sand when it comes to spending money on them. I will not invest one more dollar on Lions tickets/memorabilia ect......until they are competitive again.

Spent about $500 to take my boys to the Bengals game this year. Not doin that shit again until I am relatively certain we won't have to sit through that BS.

I haven't spent a nickel on the Lions since Barry was there. I went to one game since then but didn't pay for it.

I haven't spent a nickel on the Lions since Barry was there. I went to one game since then but didn't pay for it.

I buy Sunday ticket every year since I live in Cali. Not sure if that counts as money spent "on the lions".

Back