Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Vikings @ Lions Thread

If you are going to go for it.... should you call a play action 5 yard drop into a blitzing lb? This is why the coaches are idiots.

Agree. I just don?t want to see anyone saying the Lions should?ve punted it.

It was 6inches .
freaking qb sneak for crying out loud or hand it off. I?m not saying we should have punted but the play call was beyond dumb on 4th and inches.

Last edited:
Was hoping Vikes will catch the Rams, this loss makes that harder.

Maybe the Jags can beat the Rams though. Really hoping Rams lose out.

Goff played ok. Great first half. Left alot of plays out there staring down receivers in 2nd half.

Was hoping Vikes will catch the Rams, this loss makes that harder.

Maybe the Jags can beat the Rams though. Really hoping Rams lose out.

Not a lot I'm sure on but no way Jax wins.

At least MCDC learned that the wr screen is a terrible play. I didn't see one all game.

Congrats to the Lions Winning a game and now won't become the first team to go winless in 2 different seasons.

I thought that the one game they should win would be against the falcons.
Maybe they can win two?

Need Niners to come back and beat Seahawks. Need them to jump ahead of Rams in a few weeks.

Rams have very difficult games rest of the way, Niners definitely can finish better, the question is how many other teams might manage to do it as well in order to keep Rams out of the playoffs.

Jags and Texans play each other one more time, Jags also play the Jets, so still some wins to be had between those teams.

Congrats to the Lions Winning a game and now won't become the first team to go winless in 2 different seasons.

I thought that the one game they should win would be against the falcons.
Maybe they can win two?

Lions went 0-11 in 1942. So already did it

Are the Lions a few injuries, two long gw kicks and stupid coaching against bears twice, browns, steelers from 7-5

Sweep Bears, sweep vikings, beat ravens, browns and steelers all could have really happened. Games were that cclose

Bengals, Eagles, at Rams despite trickery, at Packers though first half was great and 49ers despite come back were pretty definite

How would you feel at 7-5 even knowing still had no actual winning playoff chance or is 1-10-1 just better for draft picks. Does that make you happier for the future?

Last edited:
Are the Lions a few injuries, two long gw kicks and stupid coaching against bears twice, browns, steelers from 7-5

Sweep Bears, sweep vikings, beat ravens, browns and steelers all could have really happened. Games were that cclose

Bengals, Eagles, at Rams despite trickery, at Packers though first half was great and 49ers despite come back were pretty definite

How would you feel at 7-5 even knowing still had no actual winning playoff chance or is 1-10-1 just better for draft picks. Does that make you happier for the future?

Almost every NFL team could play that game and come up with an outstanding record. The reality is their roster and coaching has led them to where they are. Is there promise? Yes. Especially defensively. But the overall talent level needs a huge upgrade and Campbell needs to quickly learn from his mistakes. He also needs to find an OC he trusts and is a better play caller.

Almost every NFL team could play that game and come up with an outstanding record. The reality is their roster and coaching has led them to where they are. Is there promise? Yes. Especially defensively. But the overall talent level needs a huge upgrade and Campbell needs to quickly learn from his mistakes. He also needs to find an OC he trusts and is a better play caller.

You are correct to a point. The Ravens game was ours. Nobody has ever kicked a FG that long, let alone to win the game and they missed the delay. Should of had the Steelers game if our shitty backup kicker hits an extra star point or game winning Fg that was under 50 yards. Also the Greg Joseph game winner was a 50/50 ball at best and I believe how career long. Wasn?t like a 40 yarder. Those games could easily have ended in wins. The rest are what they are. Yes could we have won if a few more plays went our way,sure, but like booger said, everyone team has those games.

Agree still lost. But shows how close to 7-5 we are
Would you feel better about rebuild at 7-5 even with worse draft picks or happy taking our lumps this year at 1-10-1 for really good picks

Would you feel better about rebuild at 7-5 even with worse draft picks or happy taking our lumps this year at 1-10-1 for really good picks

I don?t know what you?re not understanding. Damn near EVERY TEAM could make that claim. It?s completely pointless to say. You say Ravens game was just decided by an NFL record FG and a missed delay of game.

I call bullshit. If Hollywood Brown catches those WIDE OPEN throws?..that game isn?t even close. You can?t just pick and choose games and plays.

We aren't close to 7-5.

Back