Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Vikings @ Lions Thread

So we finished the season 7-1 at home. Without looking it up...in my 40 years of life on earth I can't recall us being 7-1 or 8-0 at home.

I'll look it up tonight, shouldn't be too difficult...the Lions have only finished at or above 7 wins 17 times since the 16 game expansion in 1978

Last edited:
Seasons Lions finished 7-1 or better at home (16 game era)
1981 (7-1, 8-8 overall)
1991 (8-0, 12-4 overall, won they're home playoff game too)
1995 (7-1, 10-6 overall)
2014 (7-1, ?-? overall)

Last edited:
Still crying over wins...lol. You guys are fucking pathetic

1st place in the North, you whiny fucking babies.

It's all they have. They are already dead wrong with their .500 predictions and lions will choke down stretch predictions

Lions earned that win. Vikings defense better under zimmer

It's all they have. They are already dead wrong with their .500 predictions and lions will choke down stretch predictions

Lions earned that win. Vikings defense better under zimmer

Of course they earned it. Who gives a flying fuck if they didn't dominate? 10-4 bitches!!

This game. This team. Oy. I'm 36 and I'm going to be on nitroglycerin by 40 at this rate.

Got the job done though. Divisional games aren't always pretty. It was nice to have the OTHER teams kicker crap the bed, though...

We want to see playoff wins Tony. This team will not beat a playoff team if they can only put up 16 points against a subpar Vikings team in Detroit. This offense is just not good, and it's getting old.

Seasons Lions finished 7-1 or better at home (16 game era)
1981 (7-1, 8-8 overall)
1991 (8-0, 12-4 overall, won they're home playoff game too)
1995 (7-1, 10-6 overall)
2014 (7-1, ?-? overall)

This was the thumbs up for mike utley year, right? I always thought the image of the team huddled together with their thumbs up was really powerful.

We want to see playoff wins Tony. This team will not beat a playoff team if they can only put up 16 points against a subpar Vikings team in Detroit. This offense is just not good, and it's getting old.

We all want to see the playoffs. Enjoy the fucking win. 1st place in the North with a "championship" caliber defense. You can win the damn thing with this defense. They have all year. Don't tell me they can't win in the playoffs because you're dead wrong. They sure as fuck can...

you really need to open your eyes and see what actually happens in the real world one of these days. No one is crying over wins....they are bickering with LKP in regards to his ridiculous statements. 2 very different things...

lkp said we dominated the Vikings....brewer simply told him what really happened. Weve been doing the same thing for the last 3 years now on this board...if you cant follow along by now theres really no hope for you lol.

That being said divisional wins are always good wins....we didn't play well at all...but good win. At home...vs an inferior opponent....we should have won by more. min came out and smacked us around for 1.5 qtrs. Then Teddy had a complete meltdown and started throwing the ball directly to our secondary....ill take it. Then in the 2nd half the defense took over the game...which is good cause the offense sucked...real real bad.

Last edited:
It's nicer if we blow minnesota out but as of late minnesota has been playing everyone close including Green Bay winning by 3. It's the nfl. But we also need to play better if we expect to win next week on the road. We better be prepared for those bears.

you really need to open your eyes and see what actually happens in the real world one of these days. No one is crying over wins....they are bickering with LKP in regards to his ridiculous statements. 2 very different things...

lkp said we dominated the Vikings....brewer simply told him what really happened. Weve been doing the same thing for the last 3 years now on this board...if you cant follow along by now theres really no hope for you lol.

That being said divisional wins are always good wins....we didn't play well at all...but good win. At home...vs an inferior opponent....we should have won by more. min came out and smacked us around for 1.5 qtrs. Then Teddy had a complete meltdown and started throwing the ball directly to our secondary....ill take it. Then in the 2nd half the defense took over the game...which is good cause the offense sucked...real real bad.

Nah, i don't need to open my eyes for shit. All i ever see on this board is "buts" and "ifs" after a win. It's sad. Open your fucking eyes....

Nah, i don't need to open my eyes for shit. All i ever see on this board is "buts" and "ifs" after a win. It's sad. Open your fucking eyes....

Just like your statement Reggie is holding back Riddicks progression. That's an "if". We have no idea if we would of scored more with Riddick getting Reggies game time.
We fucking won with Reggie, open your eyes.

See how stupid your argument sounds when you apply it to something you view as negative.

Just like your statement Reggie is holding back Riddicks progression. That's an "if". We have no idea if we would of scored more with Riddick getting Reggies game time.

See how stupid your argument sounds when you apply it to something you view as negative.

All i said was Reggie is done. He brings nothing to the table and his burst has vanished. I never once said this offense was complete with Riddick. I just want to see the youngin progress, not regress. And never said we would score 40 with Theo either. Big difference, genius. ...nice try though lol

And Reggie did nothing in that game. A fn pylon could have done what he did.

Last edited:
And claiming Reggie is on his last legs isn't negative. It's reality. We all see it

Reggie sucks. Stafford throws him the ball and Reggie almost turns the ball over. EVERY time Reggie touches the ball I hold my breath. Eerily similar to the way I felt about Pettigrew for a few years.

Last edited:
And claiming Reggie is on his last legs isn't negative. It's reality. We all see it

Why is it negative when we talk about Stafford sucking? He was bad for a good portion of the middle of the year games.

Your answer was always, we Won get over it.

All I was doing was applying the same faulty logic to Reggie Bush, to show why the "we won" theory is not a good way to judge players.

We all know the defense won yesterday's game for us and Praters 3 field goals... Offense didn't really do Jack.. Only TD came in a short field.. But that being said Jimmy S's team last year would have lost this game.. We all are happy that we didn't gag yesterday but as we all know this team is living on the edge.. No matter what happens I consider this years a success..10 or 10+ wins is still ten wins... I am hopeful we can make and win a playoff game.. Dare to dream what this state would be like if the Lions ever made a super Bowl.... But hopefully we play much better next week in Chicago...

Stafford led some good drives. Tate got tackled twice, two penalties killed drives, PI on the deep ball to Fuller not called. He did enough to win and we won.

We all know the defense won yesterday's game for us and Praters 3 field goals... Offense didn't really do Jack.. Only TD came in a short field.. But that being said Jimmy S's team last year would have lost this game.. We all are happy that we didn't gag yesterday but as we all know this team is living on the edge.. No matter what happens I consider this years a success..10 or 10+ wins is still ten wins... I am hopeful we can make and win a playoff game.. Dare to dream what this state would be like if the Lions ever made a super Bowl.... But hopefully we play much better next week in Chicago...

Defense wins every game for us....weve scored less than 25 points 11 times this year. Our offense blows.

Back