Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Vikings @ Lions Thread

Stafford led some good drives. Tate got tackled twice, two penalties killed drives, PI on the deep ball to Fuller not called. He did enough to win and we won.

Tate isnt allowed to get tackled?

Why is it negative when we talk about Stafford sucking? He was bad for a good portion of the middle of the year games.

Your answer was always, we Won get over it.

All I was doing was applying the same faulty logic to Reggie Bush, to show why the "we won" theory is not a good way to judge players.

Because throwing a whole game on the QB if they lose is retarded. Stafford has sucked many times and i have never denied that. lol. Again, nice try...

Defense wins every game for us....weve scored less than 25 points 11 times this year. Our offense blows.

Defense "keeps" us in games. Still gotta put up the points to win it and the offense has done that multiple times ;)

Defense "keeps" us in games. Still gotta put up the points to win it and the offense has done that multiple times ;)

They give us no other option except to win. The offense is shitting the bed, the defense says " need us to force a turnover, how about 2?" "Is that enough for you goons to get some points on the board". This offense is fucking pathetic. Let Stafford throw the ball 40+ times a game, that's what syncs this offense. Quit being worthless pussies Lombardi and Calwell. Just my 2 cents

They give us no other option except to win. The offense is shitting the bed, the defense says " need us to force a turnover, how about 2?" "Is that enough for you goons to get some points on the board". This offense is fucking pathetic. Let Stafford throw the ball 40+ times a game, that's what syncs this offense. Quit being worthless pussies Lombardi and Calwell. Just my 2 cents

I agree the offense is terrible. Personally, i think it's the scheme. I think we can all agree on that.

I agree the offense is terrible. Personally, i think it's the scheme. I think we can all agree on that.

The offense is the gripe by everybody on this board. I just don't understand anybody defending it. Lombardi is the worst offensive coordinator in the league. LKP should be all over this guy. This was suppose to be Staffords "prove it" year, instead he's being limited by a new coordinator and coach. If we want a fucking game manager, trade Stafford, draft a qb that fits that mold, which will give us an excuse for what we're seeing. Enough is enough!

Tate isnt allowed to get tackled?

He doesn't usually get tackled on those WR screens. Killed two drives. Plus the Ross drop and PI non call on Fuller. Stafford clearly did enough to win that game. And we won.

He doesn't usually get tackled on those WR screens. Killed two drives. Plus the Ross drop and PI non call on Fuller. Stafford clearly did enough to win that game. And we won.

Lets see, Their guy throws 2 INT and the K misses a kick and gets one blocked. If it was reversed you'd say true win. So maybe this is a true loss? You're full of shit :lmao:

Lets see, Their guy throws 2 INT and the K misses a kick and gets one blocked. If it was reversed you'd say true win. So maybe this is a true loss? You're full of shit :lmao:

Ints were great plays by Lions defense. Jones great block reading the Viking protection. Earned win for Lions. Vikings should have lost by double digits. Bogus non PI call on Fuller, lucky Ross drop. Tate rarely gets tackled like that on 3rd and shorts. Lions won easily. Dominated really.

The offense is the gripe by everybody on this board. I just don't understand anybody defending it. Lombardi is the worst offensive coordinator in the league. LKP should be all over this guy. This was suppose to be Staffords "prove it" year, instead he's being limited by a new coordinator and coach. If we want a fucking game manager, trade Stafford, draft a qb that fits that mold, which will give us an excuse for what we're seeing. Enough is enough!

Worst in the league? Exaggerate much? lol. He's learning on the fly. I get the frusturation, but let's give him another year or two before we cast him in the Detroit River.

Ints were great plays by Lions defense. Jones great block reading the Viking protection. Earned win for Lions. Vikings should have lost by double digits. Bogus non PI call on Fuller, lucky Ross drop. Tate rarely gets tackled like that on 3rd and shorts. Lions won easily. Dominated really.

Don't forget the Bell drop where he would have walked into the endzone.

Lombardi is a good OC. Tate got tackled twice that rarely happens and Ross dropped a ball. Vikings defense is good.

Lombardi is a good OC. Tate got tackled twice that rarely happens and Ross dropped a ball. Vikings defense is good.

Lombardi's in over his head right now. I expect bigger things next year...

Don't forget the Bell drop where he would have walked into the endzone.

Yep that one too. Bell, Ross catch the ball and Tate does his thing on 3rd and short in the redzone, Lions have 12 more points and Stafford has 3 TDs, maybe eventually 4. Stafford did his job but people ignore that it seems.

lol...what an idiot!

It was one of Matt's better games. Which is part of the issue.

When 17/28 153Yds, 1TD, 0 Iints is arguably one of your top 5 games out of 14 that isn't a great season.

Luckily we have one of the best defenses and they allowed us to stay close and helped us win. Offense needs to pick it up, the game as a whole was not good enough.

Back