Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 16: Packers @ Lions Thread and end of season grades, reviews, etc.

I remember that well, actually. That was not a stalemate....Jones LEVELED Ray Lewis. I absolutely loved the way Jones ran. Fast, one cut runner who could run by you or through you.

His body couldn?t hold up, though. Like Best?s head.

i remember liking him a lot at Virginia Tech. We just had an absolute shit show of an oline when he was here.

I remember that well, actually. That was not a stalemate....Jones LEVELED Ray Lewis. I absolutely loved the way Jones ran. Fast, one cut runner who could run by you or through you.

His body couldn?t hold up, though. Like Best?s head.
Yea he ran him over but didnt really progress much further. I call it a stalemate only because the result was a tackle for lewis but jones won the battle i guess you'd say. However, i think jones jacked up his shoulder which eventually led to his perpetual injuries.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Up 14-0 in a game that is meaningless. How far could we drop with this debacle if it still stands. Thanks ?

So shocking kevin Jones facts i forgot. He ran for 1000 as a rookie. Ended that season with a injured foot. Never produced like that again for us and had some more injuries. Then went to Chicago with more injuries and then Canadian football league. That's the lion's drafted rb style pretty muchn

This defense is so poorly constructed that i get mad at their failures even in games i want them to lose.

Lazard was wide open there...dont know how he missed him.

1 of 7 on passes of 20 yards or more.

5 of those 6 misses were to receivers wide open. He?d rather play a road playoff game than face Chase Young the next 5 years.

Fuck you, Rodgers!!!

Last edited:
This defense is so poorly constructed that i get mad at their failures even in games i want them to lose.

Too much wrong personell....some due to injury. Id like to see how much this defense can change for the better with Hand opposite Flowers and an actual OLB that can cause pressure. We just have WAY to many fat people that cant move on the dline right now. All Ashawn, Snacks and Daniels can do is stand up and eat space....only need 1 of them on the field at a time. Chase Young is a must....but after watching that Semi Final game....if we end up drafting at 4 or 5 and get Okudah....im not going to be sad. Would just need to turn to FA to get an Edge rusher and theres like 6 or 7 quality ones out there.

Too much wrong personell....some due to injury. Id like to see how much this defense can change for the better with Hand opposite Flowers and an actual OLB that can cause pressure. We just have WAY to many fat people that cant move on the dline right now. All Ashawn, Snacks and Daniels can do is stand up and eat space....only need 1 of them on the field at a time. Chase Young is a must....but after watching that Semi Final game....if we end up drafting at 4 or 5 and get Okudah....im not going to be sad. Would just need to turn to FA to get an Edge rusher and theres like 6 or 7 quality ones out there.
Yea we need to change the personnel but these are the idiot's that made this personnel decisions. They brought all these dts in, they signed kennard and jones even giving them extensions. Reeves-Maybin could easily slide into the Christian Jones spot and bring some speed and they wont let it happen. They want these slow thumpers and it's just so stupid for this scheme.

Last edited:
Yea we need to change the personnel but these are the idiot's that made this personnel decisions. They brought all these dts in, they signed kennard and jones even giving them extensions. Reeves-Maybin could easily slide into the Christian Jones spot and bring some speed and they wont let it happen. They want these slow thumpers and it's just isotopic for this scheme.

you can be big thumpers at LB like the old Baltimore D...or even NE for a time. But you need to show an ounce of athletic ability with it lol. We just dont have LBs like that...at all. Davis, looked like he had the frame to be that guy comming out....but he never put on the weight. Not to mention hes awful at recognition and coverage. Hes literally only good at shooting a gap.

you can be big thumpers at LB like the old Baltimore D...or even NE for a time. But you need to show an ounce of athletic ability with it lol. We just dont have LBs like that...at all. Davis, looked like he had the frame to be that guy comming out....but he never put on the weight. Not to mention hes awful at recognition and coverage. Hes literally only good at shooting a gap.

That might be the ONE coaching decision Fatty has gotten right. That?s what he had Davis doing before he got hurt. Delayed blitzing......deciding on a gap and hitting it full speed.

That might be the ONE coaching decision Fatty has gotten right. That?s what he had Davis doing before he got hurt. Delayed blitzing......deciding on a gap and hitting it full speed.

ya...except the part i didnt add is once he gets to the qb he would miss the tackle lmao.

Accurate, Davis is so bad at diagnosing plays he makes his athleticism pointless. But they are trying to use kennard to play the rush olb and he is incapable of playing either part of it. He cant bring pressure or cover in space...so hes basically a stand up de that is perpetually out of position. Snacks excels as a 4-3 3 tech dt. So does ashawn . So now they put snacks as a 5tech in a 3-4 and he isnt producing the same numbers and they had to use ashawn as a 3-4 de. It's so annoying how dumb the coaches are.

Back