Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 17: Packers @ Lions Thread

Nice hard fought win. We actually played better vs their starters than their back ups.

I understand wanting the #1 pick, but how any Lions fan could be mad after this one is beyond me.

I understand wanting the #1 pick, but how any Lions fan could be mad after this one is beyond me.

Not mad... makes no difference this year if you pick 1 or 2. Jags are likely drafting OT.

Not sure I just kick the fg like Pittsburgh is doing in this weather. Sure would be fun if my team could be in it like this.

Pittsburgh wins in Ot 16-13 uncorks AFC chaos in the late games !

Last edited:
This is so Lions to win this game when the Jags had opened the door to give Lions 1st overall pick.

What some are overlooking is the entire draft impact. Each slot has a weight, and while the value differential decreases a bit throughout the draft.

It is likely they will make a trade at some point, whether to move up or down, the capital is better throughout the draft having even that 1 slot difference. Then there is the potential in any round that they miss their preferred targeted player by that 1 slot and settle for the next best option.

Throughout all the years, we have seen the Lions win the last game when it was meaningless to do so. The claim has always been that it is going to help them the next year. That has rarely, if ever, actually proven to be true.

If I ever have a kid, I?m going to name him Equaminius-

After Equaminius St. Brown.

Even if its a girl.

Seems like a gender neutral moniker.

Last edited:

I?m happy the Lions weren?t the worst team in the NFL this season! And no issues with #2 vs #1 pick

even McVeigh must not think Stafford is elite. 3rd and 7 in the 4th quarter...a first down ends the game with a win and he runs the ball. Any coach with an elite QB calls a pass play to end the game...the Rams run it against a D that wasn't allowing anything on the ground.

Too bad Arizona lost so LA has a bye, means potentially worse draft pick.

I must be out of the loop when did 14 teams make the playoffs.

Back