Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Lions @ Packers *Monday Night* Thread

Better that pick come now after the defense let this game get away than in a tight game. He was very good tonight when the game was still close.

When tough guy head coach lets his coordinator throw it on 4th and 1. Come on coach be smarter. Your playing AR.

Lol
So far it looks like the draft capital will be late first round picks unless the Rams start losing.

This team just won?t win many games. Sadly it looks like Another 3 or 4 win season since we have one of the hardest schedules for some reason.

At halftime I fully expected to lose. At halftime I also thought man.... we're not going to embarrass ourselves on national television.

Then the second half happened. That might have been the single worst half of football I ever seen. Terrible defense, fumbles, interceptions, more fumbles, more terrible defense.

We might go 0-17

This team just won?t win many games. Sadly it looks like Another 3 or 4 win season since we have one of the hardest schedules for some reason.

They?re going to be frustrating to watch weekly. There?s no margin for error whatsoever on offense, fail once and they?ll fall behind, the offensive game plan goes out the window and it snowballs from there. Opposing offenses can easily sustain drives (GB was easily getting 5+ yards on most plays) and will eat up the clock. This style of offense just won?t be able to do much with what little time they have to work with.

At halftime I fully expected to lose. At halftime I also thought man.... we're not going to embarrass ourselves on national television.

Then the second half happened. That might have been the single worst half of football I ever seen. Terrible defense, fumbles, interceptions, more fumbles, more terrible defense.

We might go 0-17

Why we wont go 0-17: We run the ball pretty well. Goff is competent enough to have good games against bad defenses. Our defense sucks....but we get the Bears 2X....the Bengals, Atlanta and the Eagles. I think we can pull 2-3 of those games out.

Why we will go 0-17: Our game plan (at least 2 games in) is to run the ball well, use play action to our advantage, eat clock and hope the defense can come up with enough stops to have more points than our opponents after 60 minutes. The problem with that is our defense cannot stop teams. Both the 9ers and Packers ran the ball through large holes time after time after time. Play action is wide open nearly every time. RB's and TE's are open every time within 8 yards. We don't get pressure and when our DL is eating up blockers..... our PISS POOR LB PLAY can't make the tackles or cover anyone. We are easy to game plan against.

It makes our offense have to be perfect.....and it is far from it. We play a tough schedule and quite a few good offenses along the way......we will NOT beat a team with an offense in the top 20 of the NFL.

Thor is graded as the 3rd worst lb in the NFL. That was clear as day from a couch GM who watched 1 game of his last year. The fact he was brought here to start...and is STILL starting should get holmes fired immediately.

Thor is graded as the 3rd worst lb in the NFL. That was clear as day from a couch GM who watched 1 game of his last year. The fact he was brought here to start...and is STILL starting should get holmes fired immediately.

Best way to tank is with these lbs and will harris and super young cbs. Dline solid but lacks consistent rush..brockers not up to snuff with shoulder injury too. Levi and mcneil rookies growing in the fly

Holmes drafted barnes but staff starts Barnes

We all knew it would be bad especially in back 7 coverage

Who knows.....maybe he was the only guy willing to come to Detroit. The other option would have been to keep Davis and Tavai.

I saw Collins take some really bad routes to the ball yesterday. JRM played a few defensive snaps in 3 LB sets. There is just such a lack of talent. Can't blame Holmes for the shit show he was given and expect him to make a good team with ONE FA period and one draft.

Think about it.....he was left with these players under contract for this year.....

A LB crew of Collins, Tavai, JRM and.......
A secondary of Okudah, AO, Harris, Walker, Ford and.......
A WR crew of Cephus, Tom Kennedy........
A DL of Okwara, Williams, Flowers, Hand, Penis, and Strong

One draft.......and an average amount of cap space.....and some dead space with the Stafford trade.

I think we are just now realizing how bare Fatty and Fuck Face left the cupboard. They drafted horribly.....managed the cap horribly.....brought in shit FA.....and in the end this is what we have left. Saying Patricia and Quinn were bad was an understatement.....they were very, VERY Millen-esque.

Who knows.....maybe he was the only guy willing to come to Detroit. The other option would have been to keep Davis and Tavai.

I saw Collins take some really bad routes to the ball yesterday. JRM played a few defensive snaps in 3 LB sets. There is just such a lack of talent. Can't blame Holmes for the shit show he was given and expect him to make a good team with ONE FA period and one draft.

Think about it.....he was left with these players under contract for this year.....

A LB crew of Collins, Tavai, JRM and.......
A secondary of Okudah, AO, Harris, Walker, Ford and.......
A WR crew of Cephus, Tom Kennedy........
A DL of Okwara, Williams, Flowers, Hand, Penis, and Strong

One draft.......and an average amount of cap space.....and some dead space with the Stafford trade.

I think we are just now realizing how bare Fatty and Fuck Face left the cupboard. They drafted horribly.....managed the cap horribly.....brought in shit FA.....and in the end this is what we have left. Saying Patricia and Quinn were bad was an understatement.....they were very, VERY Millen-esque.

It was less than an average amount of cap space, we were strapped. The only thing that got us a little space was restructuring goff.

LMAO fired immediately XD man, you're a smart dude.

Anzalone is a filler on a cheap 1 yr deal in a rebuild year, not too concerned. In fact it probably helps secure a higher draft position.

Back