Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Lions @ Packers *Monday Night* Thread

The Wings haven't had that problem. It's more than just the city. The culture of losing for 64 years is uno no. 1. Not sure if that ever gets fixed.

Hockey is more of a niche sport and the Wings haven?t been all that great in the salary cap era (though Holland was pretty awful near the end regardless).

Unfortunately it?s difficult to determine how much location factors in. All the major sports here have been plagued by terrible management at various points over the past decade or so, incredibly frustrating. Pistons and Wings have some promise at least, Lions are TBD (again), and Avila is still Avila (really hoping Hinch has more sway with ownership).

Hockey is more of a niche sport and the Wings haven?t been all that great in the salary cap era (though Holland was pretty awful near the end regardless).

Unfortunately it?s difficult to determine how much location factors in. All the major sports here have been plagued by terrible management at various points over the past decade or so, incredibly frustrating. Pistons and Wings have some promise at least, Lions are TBD (again), and Avila is still Avila (really hoping Hinch has more sway with ownership).

The Wings won a cup in the salary cap era. Before that it was like baseball, any team could spend whatever it wanted.

The team probably needs to move. Players don?t want to come here due to the city and the culture, which makes it tough to attract the talent needed to change the culture, and the cycle goes on.

The only way to change the culture is to nail every draft for years and hope everyone stays healthy. Tough but not impossible, no GM here has done it, now Holmes?s turn. Cleveland has managed to turn things around, so maybe there?s still hope.

Yes you are so right. Sadly at 60 I?m running out of years lol

For all my teams.

Yes you are so right. Sadly at 60 I?m running out of years lol

For all my teams.

"All your other teams" have won. You didn't expect them to win every year did you? I could never never be upset wing Wings, 4 cups, Pistons, 3 titles, even Tigers.. Though I don't watch the Pistons these days but you get where I drifted. The one advantage of being old, title memories. Cheers.

Judging rookie class way too quickly

Lions tons of dead cap this year and not a desirable fa destination for rebuild..did best he could for fa. And still too early to judge most. Perriman waste, tyrell concussion, anzalone waste, brockers we shall see, dunbar personal issues. All dont matter long term in tank year other than romeo and brockers. Romeo good so far, brockers hurt but playing. Goff better than expected but a stop gap plus no weapons other than hock and rbs

Sewell over Fields all day too. Not fields vs goff

It's fields vs goff if they took the trade from Carolina. I think they could have gotten Fields and Sewell. Teddy B, #8 and a 5th

It's fields vs goff if they took the trade from Carolina. I think they could have gotten Fields and Sewell. Teddy B, #8 and a 5th

Sewell, Goff, rams pick 1st rounder, rams pick 1st rounder, ife vs sewell, fields and teddy b and 5th

And Fields needs work just like Goff. Tbd on both

Sewell, Goff, rams pick 1st rounder, rams pick 1st rounder, ife vs sewell, fields and teddy b and 5th

And Fields needs work just like Goff. Tbd on both

Fields needs work/development...TBD

Goff is what he is.

Goff = Teddy B

And lions have two additional 1sts and ability to draft a qb better than fields in 2022. Plus Ife over a 5th

Rams trade was best still by far.

I thought Goff has played well. Not outstanding but just like Stafford, in a close game and then they stop scoring. Btw, Bridgewater has played great.

I thought Goff has played well. Not outstanding but just like Stafford, in a close game and then they stop scoring. Btw, Bridgewater has played great.

Well, given his WR's are quite a bit better, and playing the Giants and Jaguars that can happen for ya.

And lions have two additional 1sts and ability to draft a qb better than fields in 2022. Plus Ife over a 5th

Rams trade was best still by far.

Who is this QB that is better than Fields? I don't see a QB coming out this year that has been lights out to this point.

Howell might be the best available.....but I'm not sold he's better than Fields. He looked AWFUL against VA Tech.

Goff is fine, there is no reason to replace him. He has proven himself capable of managing a team to the Super Bowl.

Focus on real areas of need before worrying about Goff. Maybe a better QB will be available in 2023 draft, but there is not one for 2022. He absolutely can do better than he has, but we all know the far bigger problems on this team. If we had a top 15 D they likely stop GB more and provide shorter field for the O to score points.

Fields hasn't proven anything yet. Maybe he would be a better option, but the O$U QB history is stacked against him, reasonable to not go full bore trying to get an unproven QB from O$U...to claim otherwise is ridiculous nonsense.

Last edited:
Who is this QB that is better than Fields? I don't see a QB coming out this year that has been lights out to this point.

Howell might be the best available.....but I'm not sold he's better than Fields. He looked AWFUL against VA Tech.

I'm sold on Howell, he looks like Drew Brees reincarnate. Yes he had a bad game, but he has a much worse team than fields. Fields struggled mightily vs some teams as well.

I'm sold on Howell, he looks like Drew Brees reincarnate. Yes he had a bad game, but he has a much worse team than fields. Fields struggled mightily vs some teams as well.

I?m not convinced Fields is going to be a good QB.

Howell would be my favorite to this point. One bad game doesn?t mean he?s a bad QB. That said?.if we were to have the number one pick in 2022?..and I were GM?.I?m not convinced Howell would be my pick.

I?m not convinced Fields is going to be a good QB.

Howell would be my favorite to this point. One bad game doesn?t mean he?s a bad QB. That said?.if we were to have the number one pick in 2022?..and I were GM?.I?m not convinced Howell would be my pick.

Agreed. Also he had an entirely revamped offense and his oline was absolutely destroyed by VT as he got sacked 6 times in that game.

Back