Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Lions @ Packers *Monday Night* Thread

Anzalone is reminding me of Ryan Nece of 2008. Knows system, try hard but stinks beyond comprehension

Collins is just slow and doesnt fit for coverage..run d fine. But he loafs out there and that will get him benched for Barnes. Save 7 mil cutting Collins next year. Maybe trade him at deadline to ne for late rounder

At the end of the day this is about what any reasonable Lions fan expected. Not many people were predicting more then 5 wins this season. There was just way too much to fix in one season. I did honestly think the defense would be better though. I was expecting a average to below average defense. I thought with the coaching from Glenn and AB that the secondary would be decent and really liked what we had up front on the D-Line with a nice mix of veterans and youth. Expected LB'ers to be bad, but they are even worse then I expected which was already very low.

On the bright side Goff has looked better then expected, IMO, and if the defense could keep the game close we may see a solid all around game from the offense. O-Line has played solid and should be even better once Decker comes back. The running game looks the best it has since at least Reggie Bush and Joique Bell. Even the WR's are playing better then expected considering what we are trotting out there. Hockenson is also developing into a top 3 TE. IMO we need to cut ties with Collins next year and maybe even Flowers as he has not been worth what he is getting paid. We need to find a game changing pass rusher and desperately need some LB'ers and a safety.

AJ Parker has been a top 11 CB per PFF though so hopefully that continues and we have our nickelback of the future on a cheap UDFA deal for a few seasons.

My needs list for next off-season as of now.

#1 QB - This is only IF there is a franchise guy in the draft and we are in a position to take him. IMO Goff has played well enough at this point to be a solid starter, but if we have the chance to take a guy we believe is a franchise guy then you have to do it.

#2 LB'er - Even if Barnes gets on the field and plays lights out we still need a LB'er. I am so tired of having the shittiest group of LB'ers in the NFL year after year. We need a playmaker here.

#3 WR - This is probably #1, but I am just so tired of having such a shitty defense year after year that I can forego a WR for a defensive playmaker. At this point we need at least a #1 guy. Maybe Cephus and Brown can grow into the #2 and #3 roles this season, but there is nothing behind them at this point.

#4 - Safety - I was starting to believe that maybe Will Harris had turned a corner with the positive vibes regarding him and Walker. I have seen literally no improvement over last year.

#5 - Edge Rusher - I think we have a solid group of edge rushers. Similar to QB, if we can land a game changer we need to get that guy. Adding another solid player will not help much as we have those guys already we need a Von Miller/Khalil Mack type of player.

I left out CB because you still have to believe Okudah is part of the future. Everyone from the top on down believed in him and I know he made a couple bad plays, but that doesn't make a season. Add in AJ Parker who has done very well and Melifonwu/Amani and we have a lot of young guys with potential who may develop more as the season goes on. This will be a lot clearer in a few months how big of a priority CB is.

LMAO fired immediately XD man, you're a smart dude.

Theres a lot of questionable calls already and he hasnt even been here a year. Anzalone just adds to the list.

He essentially picked Goff over fields. Goff is proving to be a turnover machine.

His draft is proving to be awful and full of bad decisions. The back to back DT thing was a head scratcher then....but now that you see the product on the field its even worse. We THOUGHT solidifying the DTs would atleast equate to being able to stop the run. Theyre terrible at it. I never bought in to the fact it would help the pass rush...but some idiot fans did.

Onzurike and Mcneil havent done squat. And you look at the potential for S or WRs that were drafted and producing. Who needs S and WRs?....oh fuck....we do.

and im sure someone will go on and on about a long term build....i see nothing from those DTs....not even a shining moment across an ENTIRE fucking game that makes me think...."ok...maybe theyll pan out and be decent." Not good...or great....decent.

Add St Brown to the list of WRs that cant get open.

trade picks away for a PS WR that was about to be cut.

trade up for a LB so he can sit behind Anzalone....the 3rd worst LB in the NFL.

Ya...imo its not a good start for Holmes.

Last edited:
Judging rookie class way too quickly

Lions tons of dead cap this year and not a desirable fa destination for rebuild..did best he could for fa. And still too early to judge most. Perriman waste, tyrell concussion, anzalone waste, brockers we shall see, dunbar personal issues. All dont matter long term in tank year other than romeo and brockers. Romeo good so far, brockers hurt but playing. Goff better than expected but a stop gap plus no weapons other than hock and rbs

Sewell over Fields all day too. Not fields vs goff

Theres a lot of questionable calls already and he hasnt even been here a year. Anzalone just adds to the list.

He essentially picked Goff over fields. Goff is proving to be a turnover machine.

His draft is proving to be awful and full of bad decisions. The back to back DT thing was a head scratcher then....but now that you see the product on the field its even worse. We THOUGHT solidifying the DTs would atleast equate to being able to stop the run. Theyre terrible at it. I never bought in to the fact it would help the pass rush...but some idiot fans did.

Onzurike and Mcneil havent done squat. And you look at the potential for S or WRs that were drafted and producing. Who needs S and WRs?....oh fuck....we do.

and im sure someone will go on and on about a long term build....i see nothing from those DTs....not even a shining moment across an ENTIRE fucking game that makes me think...."ok...maybe theyll pan out and be decent." Not good...or great....decent.

Add St Brown to the list of WRs that cant get open.

trade picks away for a PS WR that was about to be cut.

trade up for a LB so he can sit behind Anzalone....the 3rd worst LB in the NFL.

Ya...imo its not a good start for Holmes.

I'd say 2 games is a bit too early to tell what rookies are going to become. If that were the case, Jacksonville and the Jets would be fucking screwed.

Again.....Anzelone could be the best LB we could get given the status of the team and what was available. Not sure.

Part of the reason we suck at stopping the run is because we have what might be the worst LB corp of all time. It's not all on the two rookie DT's.

I'd at least let this year play out before judging his moves in his first off season. Sewell looks like the real deal, at least.

And we?re actually 13th in ypc against us and 15th in rushing yards per game. Much better than last year so far. Now Lamar Jackson is coming into town so those numbers will soon be skewed pretty heavily for a team with no back 7. We signed anzalone because we had no cap space, they had to do a lot of budget signings. Ya act like they had 50 mil in cap space and their decision was to sign anzalone. Justin fields hasn?t proven anything yet, is he great or did I miss something? Sewell is looking like a stud. With no cap space and a few draft picks we were going to have huge holes no matter what we did. Also levi hasn?t played yet really because he was hurt. I think this draft class is perfectly fine.

Losing this year should be embraced. These coaches are instilling their schemes and next year they get more players who fit their schemes.

More important than Lions wins are Rams losses. Hopefully that begins this week vs Bucs.

Losing this year should be embraced. These coaches are instilling their schemes and next year they get more players who fit their schemes.

More important than Lions wins are Rams losses. Hopefully that begins this week vs Bucs.

Losing is the Lions way. Has been since the Fords have owned the team

William Clay Ford 1963-2013

5 winning seasons 1961-70.
3 winning seasons 1971-80.
1 winning season 1981-90.
6 winning seasons 1991-2000
0 winning seasons 2001-2010
1 winning season 2011-2013

Martha Firestone Ford
3 winning seasons 2014-2019

Sheila Ford Hamp
0 winnings seasons 2019-20

19 freaking winning seasons since 1961. 60 years. Please Fords. Sell the team !

They are working hard to get down to under 30% winning seasons since 1961. Their biggest mistake was drafting Barry. He caused too many winning seasons.

19 freaking winning seasons since 1961. 60 years. Please Fords. Sell the team !

The team probably needs to move. Players don?t want to come here due to the city and the culture, which makes it tough to attract the talent needed to change the culture, and the cycle goes on.

The only way to change the culture is to nail every draft for years and hope everyone stays healthy. Tough but not impossible, no GM here has done it, now Holmes?s turn. Cleveland has managed to turn things around, so maybe there?s still hope.

That's been said a lot over the years. As I get older and older I'm tired of embracing the losing.

The team probably needs to move. Players don?t want to come here due to the city and the culture, which makes it tough to attract the talent needed to change the culture, and the cycle goes on.

The only way to change the culture is to nail every draft for years and hope everyone stays healthy. Tough but not impossible, no GM here has done it, now Holmes?s turn. Cleveland has managed to turn things around, so maybe there?s still hope.

The Wings haven't had that problem. It's more than just the city. The culture of losing for 64 years is uno no. 1. Not sure if that ever gets fixed.

Back