Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Lions @ Cardinals Thread

Awful quiet now.,we just beat a good team. Stafford was great. Where r the haters?

watching nascar.

Stafford was awful. Proved hes not elite today. Defense, turnovers, run game, all of his weapons....still tried to throw the game away.

I?m not making a power rating list. Just saying it was a good game. This game showed EXACTLY what we are in my opinion. Solid to good offense that can be squeezed because we play offense like a singles hitter. We go as Stafford goes. He has been damn near perfect on 2 game winning drives this year (obviously Swift dropped one)...but missed opportunities in other areas that cost us points.

Or line sucks, no matter what Hughes says. Missed assignments and overall below average play.

AP?s vision gets him yards but his lack of lateral mobility and burst does hurt us at times. But that vision is special.

Defense sucks. One sack. Multiple missed tackles. Still play defense on the shallow cross like it?s the first time we?re seeing it.

Murray was awful today....that?s probably the biggest reason we won.

Id ike to see a full game of Swift being the workhorse.

Stafford 71 percent. A third td taken by bogus hold. Abolsute dime. You guys are nuts. You have your little agenda and its dead wrong. Next gm will keep stafford too. If it ever happens. Far from over season

Was thinking the same thing. He also keeps teams respectable in the fact he?s a receiver as well. AP isn?t really a threat catching the ball

When your jobs on the line you give the ball to your best players. At age 35, this coaching staff feels APs the best back!

This is our win. 27-20 Detroit.

Good call Mitch!

I never had a doubt either.

I have a story that?s kind of funny but it?s also a little bit mean. I texted a group of my cousins back in the 734 - yeah, it used to be the 313 once upon a time, like in the Eminem movie - who I grew up being Lions fans with. This is like, over the course of a half century.

So I?m out on the road doing business listenIng on the satellite radio, I know there?s a little lag, and I go for a time check with my cousins watching in real time, so I can get a gauge on what my lag time is listening on satellite radio. It?s about a minute, maybe between a minute to a minute and a half.

Anyways, I?m listening to the Lions final drive, and just as it?s getting exciting, I got a text from one of them ? ?spoiler alerts ? the Lions won.?

anyway...good win by the Lions and by Matt.

+3 on turnovers and you should win 90% of the time

Good call Mitch!

I have a story that?s kind of funny but it?s also a little bit mean. I texted a group of my cousins back in the 734 - yeah, it used to be the 313 once upon a time, like in the Eminem movie - who I grew up being Lions fans with. This is like, over the course of a half century.

So I?m out on the road doing business listenIng on the satellite radio, I know there?s a little lag, and I go for a time check with my cousins watching in real time, so I can get a gauge on what my lag time is listening on satellite radio. It?s about a minute, maybe between a minute to a minute and a half.

Anyways, I?m listening to the Lions final drive, and just as it?s getting exciting, I got a text from one of them ? ?spoiler alerts ? the Lions won.?

Had something similiar happen. I was watching yesterday's game on a stream with a 30 second delay. I got a text as Prater was lining up for the potential game winning FG:

NFL.com

Final: Lions 26 - Cardinals 23

anyway...good win by the Lions and by Matt.

+3 on turnovers and you should win 90% of the time

Yeah. Arizona is a good team.

Think about this.....the teams we?ve played are 8-1. That loss was yesterday. And we should have beaten Chicago.

Trying to find positives....but 1-2 isn?t that bad considering.

Now, saying that, I expect NO to blow us out next week.

When your jobs on the line you give the ball to your best players. At age 35, this coaching staff feels APs the best back!

Not what I was saying. I agree AP is our best run option right now. My point was this offense is plodding and predictable.....when AP is in it?s even more so.

Swift isn?t on AP?s level, but he makes this offense more multidimensional. No DC is worried about how to account for All Day on passing plays.

This O needs all the help we can get when it comes to play/formation disguise.

Yeah. Arizona is a good team.

Think about this.....the teams we?ve played are 8-1. That loss was yesterday. And we should have beaten Chicago.

Trying to find positives....but 1-2 isn?t that bad considering.

Now, saying that, I expect NO to blow us out next week.

Yup, I think I need to re-consider my 7-9 prediction. The Lions aren't good but they really do have an easy schedule. MN, Houston & Atl are much worse than expected prior to the season. Drew Brees looks done in N.O. Jax, Carolina & the Redskins are terrible.

I still see the Lions finishing around .500 because they really don't have a good team, but the schedule looks easy

Yup, I think I need to re-consider my 7-9 prediction. The Lions aren't good but they really do have an easy schedule. MN, Houston & Atl are much worse than expected prior to the season. Drew Brees looks done in N.O. Jax, Carolina & the Redskins are terrible.

I still see the Lions finishing around .500 because they really don't have a good team, but the schedule looks easy

And that would be the worst case scenario for the franchise. They'll keep the GM/coach and we'll be stuck with another year of the same crap.

You guys know where I stand. They need to bottom out- there's no other way forward with this lineup.

They can make up for yesterday's fiasco by losing the next few.

Last edited:
Good call Mitch!

313, long way back.

Every time I stream the NHL there's always someone that's like "Goal" about 30 seconds before I actually see it. Ah.

And that would be the worst case scenario for the franchise. They'll keep the GM/coach and we'll be stuck with another year of the same crap.

You guys know where I stand. They need to bottom out- there's no other way forward with this lineup.

They can make up for yesterday's fiasco by losing the next few.

I get where you're coming from, but franchises turn around all the time without the first overall pick. It starts by drafting people who contribute. What's the fuckin point of tanking if we pick guys in the first two rounds that become marginal starters or backups.....and guys in the middle rounds who don't even dress? If there has been one consistent in this franchise over the course of the last 20 years its terrible draft picks. Not just giant busts (Charles Rodgers, Joey Harrington, Aaron Gibson) its the guys who are just AAAA NFL players in the middle rounds that also lead to a glaring lack of depth, and far to few quality starters. Boss Bailey, Ikika Alma-Francis, Kevin Jones, Kevin Smith and more recently, Ameer Abdullah, Teez Tabor, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Tavai, Austin Bryant, A'Shawn, Fulgham......these are 2nd and mid round picks that have contributed next to nothing. You simply can't do that and expect to be a good team.

I believe Patricia, Quinn and Wood are gone if we don't make the playoffs. Even at 7-9 or 8-8.

I get where you're coming from, but franchises turn around all the time without the first overall pick. It starts by drafting people who contribute. What's the fuckin point of tanking if we pick guys in the first two rounds that become marginal starters or backups.....and guys in the middle rounds who don't even dress? If there has been one consistent in this franchise over the course of the last 20 years its terrible draft picks. Not just giant busts (Charles Rodgers, Joey Harrington, Aaron Gibson) its the guys who are just AAAA NFL players in the middle rounds that also lead to a glaring lack of depth, and far to few quality starters. Boss Bailey, Ikika Alma-Francis, Kevin Jones, Kevin Smith and more recently, Ameer Abdullah, Teez Tabor, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Tavai, Austin Bryant, A'Shawn, Fulgham......these are 2nd and mid round picks that have contributed next to nothing. You simply can't do that and expect to be a good team.

I believe Patricia, Quinn and Wood are gone if we don't make the playoffs. Even at 7-9 or 8-8.
I generally agree. But I think this ineptitude of management has a better chance to not fk up with a top 3 pick. And I think we need to grab a QB.

I generally agree. But I think this ineptitude of management has a better chance to not fk up with a top 3 pick. And I think we need to grab a QB.

We do. If we have a shot at Lawrence I would be pissed if we didn't take him......and I'm a Stafford guy.

It just makes too much sense.

We do. If we have a shot at Lawrence I would be pissed if we didn't take him......and I'm a Stafford guy.

It just makes too much sense.
Any other QBs that rank close to Lawrence? I would be thrilled to get a guy who can throw and also run.

Back