Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Bears Thread

Nothing else shouts were going to bite your knee caps more than a 2 yard incomplete pass on fourth n 1.

After 4 games the coaching has proven to be worse than the talent.... that's hard to do.

I can?t think of anything better than the Lions becoming the first 0-17 team!

Yes. Not sure why that is hard to understand.

A lot is hard for people to understand. I basically walked into this year expecting the number 1 pick. As did most of everyone here from what I remember reading. Nobody thought ?oh look at the huge talent upgrade the lions off-season had? we knew the back 7 was gonna be bad. We knew our WR group was looking like the worst in the league. But now that it?s happening people have shocked pikachu faces. (If you don?t know what that is look it up) I understand losing is not fun, I don?t enjoy watching a shit show either. But having the first pick in the draft teams look like this roster. It?s time for people to understand and eat crow that losing Matthew Stafford was a major downgrade in talent, as well as receivers 1-4 (which should be obvious). If the lions had 40-50 mil and they made other huge signings ala Trey flowers, halapoulati Vaitai, or Jesse James and they were bums then I would have more cause for concern. Next year they do have space however and draft capital. So they SHOULD show MAJOR improvement next season. Hopefully be competitive again. But to people who were expecting better and judging our staff y?all are ridiculous. No money to sign anyone on an already bad roster. A 5 win team that was cash strapped and lost 3 of its best players. Explain how that is improvement?

Last edited:
Hiring a head coach that needs to learn on the job isn't very smart.

Lol. So, no head coach in history has ever learned anything since the first day he was hired? Never gotten better at his job? Never made a bad decision and learned from it?

of course a coach can learn...it just seems like this coach doesn't have a clue.

4 games?

I don?t love his decisions today. But let?s be honest?..I don?t think they cost us the game. This team is so void of talent it would be really hard to judge any HC.

I?d say my biggest gripe so far about Campbell is that we?ve had way too many major miscommunications coming out of timeouts. The blown coverage last week. The snap off Goff today. The delay of game after a timeout last week.

That is stuff that absolutely shouldn?t happen. I?d like to see that cleaned up immediately.

I?d say my biggest gripe so far about Campbell is that we?ve had way too many major miscommunications coming out of timeouts. The blown coverage last week. The snap off Goff today. The delay of game after a timeout last week.

What doesn?t help is the fact that they have nobodies playing together for the first time, almost weekly at this point due to injuries & benchings. There?s no consistency with personnel, especially on defense. That?s gotta be a coaching nightmare.

4 games?

I don?t love his decisions today. But let?s be honest?..I don?t think they cost us the game. This team is so void of talent it would be really hard to judge any HC.

That is stuff that absolutely shouldn?t happen. I?d like to see that cleaned up immediately.

I agree...they don't have much talent on the team.

On other news Mattsie Stafford gets a meaningless TD in a game lost long ago. Way to improve those stats.

Stat Padford time in LA. Arizona beat the breaks off of them but he got his pile of yards and a td in the last minute to make his line look better.

Back