Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Bears Thread

Analytics say go for it. Campbell noted they should have huddled and maybe run the ball insted of rushing the pass

Analytics say go for it. Campbell noted they should have huddled and maybe run the ball insted of rushing the pass

Campbell is starting to sounds like clueless idiot. doesn't have a clue what he wants to do. Need to start seeing a sell the team protest outside of the games like back when it was being demanded Millien be fired.

So I didn?t see our knee biting coaches press conference after the Bears game. Has the Idiot explained his decision not to kick the field goal down two scores late in the game?

And

Why the fuck do we always seem to pass on 3rd and short or 4th and short.I thought we were trying to establish we were a running team first ?
Because our qb seems to not throw the ball that well on most downs.

Kneecaps 4
Lions 0

So I didn?t see our knee biting coaches press conference after the Bears game. Has the Idiot explained his decision not to kick the field goal down two scores late in the game?

And

Why the fuck do we always seem to pass on 3rd and short or 4th and short.I thought we were trying to establish we were a running team first ?
Because our qb seems to not throw the ball that well on most downs.

The Bears would?ve had about the same field position (probably better) had the Lions kicked a FG (assuming whichever random kicker was active made it).

No difference in time, same shitty defense and penalty seals the game. In all likelihood the Bears probably play a little less conservative and march across the field.

So the Lions would?ve lost by 7 instead of 10.

Going for it on 4th and 1 was the correct call IMO. Putting the ball in Goff?s hands on 4th and 1 was an absolutely terrible call. Even that is probably moot, Lions still lose by 3 instead of 10.

Not kicking a FG on 4th and goal (5) earlier in the game is more controversial. I?ve changed my tune on that one as Goff continues to prove how awful he is.

My general rule going forward - if Goff needs to throw to succeed on 4th down, don?t fucking do it.

Should?ve kicked a FG on 4th and 5, should?ve run the ball on 4th and 1. Don?t rely on Goff ever.

I agree we should have ran the ball.

I?m not so sure about kicking fg. . We had 2 time outs plus 2 minute warning. We just almost had recovered a fumble. Idk it?s probably ok to go for it being we are such a bad team. I guess If we had a better defense.

But man alive all these 3rd and short and 4th and short passes have to stop.

the last 4th n 1 was against a 6 man box. A smart QB would have checked into a run. More proof we have idiot coaches....idiot players....idiot QB. Team is doomed.

Last edited:
Okwara torn achilles. 3 years 39 million and slows him down for next year too

I have only watched the MNF game but keep hearing about how shitty Goff and Campbell are. Are they that shitty or is it because Goff has garbage at wr and Campbell is coaching a bunch of crappy players? The reason I haven't really watched is because I knew they would suck. So I'm not going to judge them until they get more talent.

the last 4th n 1 was against a 6 man box. A smart QB would have checked into a run. More proof we have idiot coaches....idiot players....idiot QB. Team is doomed.

The play was open. St brown just hesitated and then goff missed. Agree run would be better but if executed properly they get not only easy first but a td

Am I crazy for thinking the decision to go for it on 4th down wasn?t a bad idea? It?s 1 yard and inside the 10. You need 7 at some point. Yes I understand extend the game but if they pick up the first down I don?t think people are ripping the decision today. I would have run the ball however, surely would not have attempted that sorry ass pass by Goff, especially with Cepheus wide open right in front of him.

Last edited:
Am I crazy for thinking the decision to go for it on 4th down wasn?t a bad idea? It?s 1 yard and inside the 10. You need 7 at some point. Yes I understand extend the game but if they pick up the first down I don?t think people are ripping the decision today. I would have run the ball however, surely would not have attempted that sorry ass pass by Goff, especially with Cepheus wide open right in front of him.

I think it depends... but in the case of this week i didnt agree with the early 4th down call or the late one.

Early we're down 14-0 and i think you need points on the board to give your team a chance and some hope. 4 trips inside the 10 with no points is absolutely ridiculous...part of that is on the coaches.

Late youre down 10 with like 4 min left to go. Get yourself within a score to extend the game and give yourself a chance. DC hurries everyone up...calls a shitty play and doesnt convert. EVERY SMART NFL coach ive ever seen in that instance huddles up to make sure they have the right play...or will even call a TO. Takes their time cause they know the game is on the line. Goff rushes and throws the ball in the dirt....fucking awesome.

No...i dont think any of the decisions DC make are good. Hes a fucking neanderthall moron. A coach with even a little bit of competence would have led this team to their first win. Luckily we have an idiot who is keeping the 0-17 dream and first overall pick alive.

Our guys cant even line up right for a punt return lol...you think we're going to convert critical 4th downs?

Last edited:

No, going for it on 4th down in a lot of situations isn't a bad idea. What is a bad idea is not making sure you have you're best play called for that situation.

As I see it, the problem with what the Lions have done on 4th and short situations is putting to much faith in Goff. He simply isn't accurate enough....especially to the flats....to convert at a high rate.

Run the ball. WTF did we use the 7th overall pick on a T for if we don't utilize him. Jamaal Williams has been very effective as a power back. Line up, run Raymond on a fake reverse to keep the back side of the defense honest and let Williams bang it in there for a few yards. Can't be any worse than missing Hockenson in the flat by 3 yards.

Moehrig has made more plays in this 1 game than will harris and onzurike have made in their careers... combined. Fuck you holmes.

Last edited:
Moehrig has made more plays in this 1 game than will harris and onzurike have made in their careers... combined. Fuck you holmes.

Will Harris sucks no doubt. We'll see how Levi pans out over the next 4 years compared to Moehrig. Plus whoever the Lions get at safety in the next draft.

Levi could obviously bust, but the way you judge these rookies off of 4 games is ridiculous. There are tons of rookies every single year that struggle in year one and make big strides year two and beyond. You can't expect them to come in and excel right away especially when the supporting cast is so poor.

You, more then anyone on here, stated way back in the beginning of the off-season it is going to be a long year. Once Stafford was traded there was no chance to compete this year, and even with him we still would've been a 6-8 win team at best. This roster is so barren of real NFL talent, and have lost what little they did have to injuries, that how could you judge Campbell and Holmes so quickly? This rebuild is at least another full year away from building a competitive team. Just about everyone on this build knew that and now that the season started and we suck it is a big surprise? We will have 40-50mil in cap space next year once we cut Flowers and Vatai. That combined with having a very high pick in just about every round, plus the Rams 1st and quite a few compensatory picks and we will have a very good chance to build our core through the draft. Then make a couple splash signings in FA and you start to set the foundation for 2023.

Seriously though, our secondary depth chart reads Amani, Walker, Harris, Price, and Parker as our starters. That in a UDFA rookie, a 2nd year UDFA, what happens to be maybe the worst safety in the NFL for the 3rd consecutive year, and 3rd year 5th rounder who has been inconsistent, and Walker who, outside of last year has been solid. There is not much of any depth behind them. That is without bringing up what might be the worst group of LB'ers in the NFL. The fact that we aren't giving up 40+ points weekly is an impressive feat.

Also just saying

1. LB JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH, CLEVELAND BROWNS
PFF overall grade: 89.8

Owusu-Koramoah has not only been outstanding but he?s also excelled in areas many didn?t expect him to this early on. The Notre Dame product has been a playmaker in the run game in a way that few rookie linebackers ever are. He?s already racked up eight run stops on 36 snaps in run defense for the NFL's highest run-stop percentage at the position.

I was shocked he was sitting there in the 2nd and was definitely upset we passed.

Levi could obviously bust, but the way you judge these rookies off of 4 games is ridiculous. There are tons of rookies every single year that struggle in year one and make big strides year two and beyond. You can't expect them to come in and excel right away especially when the supporting cast is so poor.

You, more then anyone on here, stated way back in the beginning of the off-season it is going to be a long year. Once Stafford was traded there was no chance to compete this year, and even with him we still would've been a 6-8 win team at best. This roster is so barren of real NFL talent, and have lost what little they did have to injuries, that how could you judge Campbell and Holmes so quickly? This rebuild is at least another full year away from building a competitive team. Just about everyone on this build knew that and now that the season started and we suck it is a big surprise? We will have 40-50mil in cap space next year once we cut Flowers and Vatai. That combined with having a very high pick in just about every round, plus the Rams 1st and quite a few compensatory picks and we will have a very good chance to build our core through the draft. Then make a couple splash signings in FA and you start to set the foundation for 2023.

Seriously though, our secondary depth chart reads Amani, Walker, Harris, Price, and Parker as our starters. That in a UDFA rookie, a 2nd year UDFA, what happens to be maybe the worst safety in the NFL for the 3rd consecutive year, and 3rd year 5th rounder who has been inconsistent, and Walker who, outside of last year has been solid. There is not much of any depth behind them. That is without bringing up what might be the worst group of LB'ers in the NFL. The fact that we aren't giving up 40+ points weekly is an impressive feat.

i agree...but you have to take into consideration that this is a team completely void of talent. So when you go through a draft process you expect these players to 1) play 2) be impactful.

These 2 DTs see the field a little bit....and NEVER make a play. The only time i EVER hear a DTs name called is Brockers or Williams.

Their were fans (dumb ones) that actually thought drafting (2) DTs was going to fix our pass rush lmao. I was never that stupid....but i thought theyd atleast contribute. They do nothing. McNeil stands up...is too fat to move...and gets blown off the ball. every play!

How you could look at this roster (you pointed out our atrocious secondary) and not address S or WR blows my mind.

Holmes literally wasted an entire draft by "building in the trenches" and didnt fill a single hole.

We already had a LT
We have 2 DTs playing more (and better) than Levi and McNeil.

We play Anzalone and Reeves - Maybin at LB lol
We play Harris at S
We have a bunch of scrubs at CB

An entire draft and theres literally not an upgrade at any of the positions. Thats nearly impossible to do lol....he did it.

Last edited:
For those complaining about Campbell...would you prefer Lions selected Urban? LMAO

i agree...but you have to take into consideration that this is a team completely void of talent. So when you go through a draft process you expect these players to 1) play 2) be impactful.

These 2 DTs see the field a little bit....and NEVER make a play. The only time i EVER hear a DTs name called is Brockers or Williams.

Their were fans (dumb ones) that actually thought drafting (2) DTs was going to fix our pass rush lmao. I was never that stupid....but i thought theyd atleast contribute. They do nothing. McNeil stands up...is too fat to move...and gets blown off the ball. every play!

How you could look at this roster (you pointed out our atrocious secondary) and not address S or WR blows my mind.

Holmes literally wasted an entire draft by "building in the trenches" and didnt fill a single hole.

We already had a LT
We have 2 DTs playing more (and better) than Levi and McNeil.

We play Anzalone and Reeves - Maybin at LB lol
We play Harris at S
We have a bunch of scrubs at CB

An entire draft and theres literally not an upgrade at any of the positions. Thats nearly impossible to do lol....he did it.

I think drafting Sewell was a no brainer move and the only thing that would have moved me off that was a very good trade down offer. Hindsight is definitely 20/20 there. As far as the rest I do agree with you. I wanted JOK in the second and would've followed that up with Dyami Brown/Nico Collins and then got Elijah Molden, Jabril Cox and then Jamar Johnson. We definitely went a different route then that, but I am willing to hold judgement until at least next year. At the end of the day, no matter who we got would not have changed things much. If Levi and McNeil pan out, then I don't care what position they play because we needed a youth infusion at DT as much as anywhere else because Brockers and Williams won't be here long term.

Back