Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Saints @ Lions Thread

Stafford blows Dalton out of the water. Dalton has had over a 92 rating only once in his career way back in 2015

Stafford has been really good since second half of 2015 plus the 2011 monster year. 2012-2014 Stafford didn't have enough support due to injuries, Oline issues/varying reasons. And they still won in 2014.

Won ... what, exactly? A Super Bowl Championship? If not, what is the point, then?

Last edited:
Stafford blows Dalton out of the water. Dalton has had over a 92 rating only once in his career way back in 2015

Stafford has been really good since second half of 2015 plus the 2011 monster year. 2012-2014 Stafford didn't have enough support due to injuries, Oline issues/varying reasons. And they still won in 2014.

Dalton rallied Dallas back to win from a double digit deficit after a gruesome defeating injury to their leader.

Stafford loses double digit leads like tijuana whores lose their panties.

Dalton rallied Dallas back to win from a double digit deficit after a gruesome defeating injury to their leader.

Stafford loses double digit leads like tijuana whores lose their panties.

The Giants. Stafford owns the Giants. Who are the worst team besides the Jets. Stafford would have won by 80 points

And I like how you deflect after I show how much better Staffords ratings are than Daltons.

Last edited:
I don't think the Cowboys are interested in Stafford, we're stuck with him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-a-day-after-dak-prescotts-injury-per-report/

And in other news I'm pretty sure the Chargers are the Lions of the AFC at least this year. Their coaches call plays just like the Lions do, gutless, no D and finds ways to lose, they remind me so much of the Lions.

Charges missing 3 on the Oline (Bulaga, Pouncy, Turner). Changes how you do play calls and how you can run. Keenan Allen got hurt early last night. Ekeler is out. Derwin James and Chris Harris in the secondary out. Pass rusher Melvin Ingram out. Bosa played but banged up. That team is battered with more injuries than I've ever seen even on even the Lions worst injury years.

The Giants. Stafford owns the Giants. Who are the worst team besides the Jets. Stafford would have won by 80 points

And I like how you deflect after I show how much better Staffords ratings are than Daltons.

Im not deflecting anything. Im choosing not to go down that path since we showed you about 1000 times already that Stafford and Andy daltons stats are almost an exact comparison over their career. Same shitty QB rating, same shitty QBR, same shitty wins in the playoffs etc etc etc.

Stafford wins like every year in rating. You are deflecting. Dalton hasnt been good since 2015

https://www.google.com/search?q=and...7j0i3l2j0l5.2270j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=sta...9j0l5j69i61.2016j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2009, 2012 skew that garbage to even be close. Stafford is like a million times better since 2015. Plus 2011 monster year.

Dalton also doesn't get the first downs and yards. They run the ball more. Stafford torches Dalton in all those categories

245 TDS Stafford since 2011. 204 for Dalton. Roasted toasted Stafford wins

Last edited:

As a starter, Stafford is 3-2 vs. the Giants with a rating around 95.

I guess based on Matt's success rate, he does own the Giants.

Too bad he doesn't "own" any of the teams in his own division. Overall he is 25-32 vs the NFC north with a winning record vs. only the Bears (10-9)

But I do agree with you that he is slightly better than Andy Dalton. Dalton's career passer rating is 87.6 compared to Matt's, 89.4. On the active QB list, Dalton is 18th and Matt is 16th. Way to be average! :tup:

As a starter, Stafford is 3-2 vs. the Giants with a rating around 95.

I guess based on Matt's success rate, he does own the Giants.

Too bad he doesn't "own" any of the teams in his own division. Overall he is 25-32 vs the NFC north with a winning record vs. only the Bears (10-9)

But I do agree with you that he is slightly better than Andy Dalton. Dalton's career passer rating is 87.6 compared to Matt's, 89.4. On the active QB list, Dalton is 18th and Matt is 16th. Way to be average! :tup:

2009 rookie on worst team ever, 2012-2014 drag Stafford down. He has been elite since 2015. And that is why he is 1000 times better than Dalton

Stafford is top 10 borderline top 5. Not even close to average

Put him on the Chiefs and he has a perfect passer rating every season

And the 2 Giant losses was 2013 (Faurias fault) and 2016 (Stafford was very very hurt for that game but played). He owns the Giants. Owned them in 2019, 2017 and 2014 and would own them this year like Dalton "did"

Last edited:
Average!!

Not since 2015.
Caldwell and Cooter fixed any issues he had plus he finally got the weapons (when the weapons were healthy)

2012/2013 injured Nate Burleson, slow Pettigrew and no slot doesn't count even with Calvin being double/tripled (which is a QB hindrance for comp % with no run game)

iu

Not since 2015.
Caldwell and Cooter fixed any issues he had plus he finally got the weapons (when the weapons were healthy)

2012/2013 injured Nate Burleson, slow Pettigrew and no slot doesn't count even with Calvin being double/tripled (which is a QB hindrance for comp % with no run game)

1. If Cooter "fixed" Stafford he would have a better job than RB coach for the fuckin Jets.

2. Your argument about Calvin and Stafford not having help is valid. I look at it this way.....I don't think even ONE of the guys we rolled out at WR as "compliments" to #81 ever got another job in football. So I looked it up.

Chris Durham was our #2 WR for a 2 year period. Chris fuckin Durham. 6 Catches after he left.
Titus (probably the most talented WR CJ had to play with in his first 7 years) Never played another down.
Burleson - average. Never played another down.
Scheffler -average - Not another down.
Pettigrew - Shit. - Not another down
Shawn McDonald - one good year....never caught another ball after Det.
Mike Furrey - Played one year after Detroit - 23 catches for 170 yards
Bryant Johnson - shit 2 years in Detroit - 6 catches after he left
Dennis Northcutt - Not another down after his 1 year.
Broyles - Never played another down after Det.
Golden Tate - Arrived in 2014. Great 4.5 years in Detroit.
Ebron - Junk

CJ's list of "compliments" in the first 7 years of his career is a joke. Tate arriving in 2014 was the first WR he played with that a DC had to pay any attention to. We had a 2 year period where our starters were CJ, Durham, Pettigrew and Burleson. LOL.

We had one year where it was CJ, Bryant Johnson, Dennis Northcutt and Pettigrew.

Stafford got the weapons and has been good ever since. Caldwell fixed his turnover problem. Cooter was a good QB coach but wasn't innovative enough at OC and didn't know Oline protections enough plus had a terrible Oline coach in Prince

Stafford very good since 2015. Even with some 2016/2018 injuries/trades that lowers his ratings those year.

Stafford needs more protection (48 sack pace is very bad), more run game this year. Marvin Jones needs to step up big time and KG needs to stay healthy and step up a bit too. Hock doing well but could use big game changing catch a game. Amendola is who he is. Swift don't drop game winning TDs.

Stafford got the weapons and has been good ever since.

Stafford very good since 2015. Even with some 2016/2018 injuries/trades that lowers his ratings those year.

2016 13th in rating
2017 7th
2018 25th
2019 incomplete (only 1/2 of the season)
2020 18th (so far)

He has been elite since 2015. And that is why he is 1000 times better than Dalton

Stafford is top 10 borderline top 5. Not even close to average

one top 10 finish. zero top 5

overall, I will give him above average, and certainly not elite. :lmao:

If you're going to look at a man's career look at all of it. His injured years, '12 through '14. You can't just cherry pick.

2016 top 5 but got hurt
Same 2018
2017 7th
2019 would have led league in TDs and top 5 on that pace

He is a borderline top 5 QB.

This year, the Swift drop and protection hurting him. Marvin needs to step up too. KG missed 2 games. Stafford will rise in the next few weeks. Can't wait

If you're going to look at a man's career look at all of it. His injured years, '12 through '14. You can't just cherry pick.

Then you need to look at the reasons why his rating was lower

And the premise was he has been very good 2015 and on. And that was proven without a shadow of doubt he has been.

Then you need to look at the reasons why his rating was lower

And the premise was he has been very good 2015 and on. And that was proven without a shadow of doubt he has been.
Everyone has reasons. Matt isn't the only one with injuries. Just an excuse.

Last edited:
2016 top 5 but got hurt
Same 2018
2017 7th
2019 would have led league in TDs and top 5 on that pace

He is a borderline top 5 QB.

This year, the Swift drop and protection hurting him. Marvin needs to step up too. KG missed 2 games. Stafford will rise in the next few weeks. Can't wait

so, someone who has never actually been top 5, is a borderline top 5? True top 5 just like true wins :tup:

LKP logic at it's finest!

Last edited:
Back