Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Seahawks @ Lions Thread

Again the lions defense was falling for the same action all game. Just terrible.

This defense could be better with just 2 stud signings. Need a monster DT and a legit plus middle linebacker. Shoring up the middle makes everyone better. They have some talent on the edge and the dbs aren't horrible. Just asking too much out of them with this soft ass middle.

This defense is beyond watchable for the 4th year in a row now. 2 dts, mlb and a shut down cb..and probably a safety with walker achilles injury

Defense with first 3 picks and in fa. Got to be goff at qb again as they are doing well.

Too many injured guys too

Even without 3 of our best players on offense and still missing 2 OL, our offense went off. If the D was even middle of the road we would be 4-0. Probably doesn't help that Hutch hasn't been the same since he got hurt against Washington. I expect 100% attention to the D in the off-season. I'm not down on the team yet, but this D has to get better at some point

This defense is beyond watchable for the 4th year in a row now. 2 dts, mlb and a shut down cb..and probably a safety with walker achilles injury

Defense with first 3 picks and in fa. Got to be goff at qb again as they are doing well.

Too many injured guys too

Defense is obvious. It's bad. The DT's get so little production its laughable. McNeil is ok, but every other DT is garbage.

Here are the two issues with the offense this off season.

1. What to do with Goff. He has played so well we can't let him go this off season.....but I also think resigning him to a big contract would be a mistake. Give him his money in '23....yes. Give him a 6 year/$200M deal (or something like that).....no fuckin way.

2. There better be a plan in place for Swift's eventual injuries. Even if that means taking a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Going in to next year without a good backup would be REALLY stupid. He's a walking IR candidate.

Even without 3 of our best players on offense and still missing 2 OL, our offense went off. If the D was even middle of the road we would be 4-0. Probably doesn't help that Hutch hasn't been the same since he got hurt against Washington. I expect 100% attention to the D in the off-season. I'm not down on the team yet, but this D has to get better at some point

This is how I feel.

In 20 games we have turned the offense from inept (first 11 last year) to elite. There are a lot of solid players out there with a few top tier talents (ASB, Swift, Hock, Sewell, Ragnow).....some good players (Decker, Goff, Jackson, Reynolds) and hopefully a superstar about to take the field (Jameson).

I will give them another year to fix the D. Hopefully they will improve some as THIS year goes on, but there simply isn't enough talent out there right now to compete. Okudah is basically a rookie and looks like a keeper. Hutch obviously has talent and should continue to get better as the year goes on and hopefully take that "leap" to stardom next year. Rodriguez has a chance to be really good. McNeil is a solid DT. Fuck every other player. Even Walker. Dump them all.

I?m more down. This defense has taken a step backwards. I?d be interested in seeing where the 4 defenses we play ranked before Anointing our offense the best. So glad they have improved. We have to pay Hock and Goff soon but our defense needs players everywhere. We sure haven?t done well on that side of the ball.Seattle isn?t very good and yet the game plan Carroll had befuddled our defense coaches, and the offense oc for settle knew what to call every damn time. There has to be 11 scrap heap guys who could have played better then this shit today. Why is Cephus still on the team? He gets hurt every season. He does enough to make the club then gets hurt. He should be the practice Squad guy.

Last edited:
Maybe we split with the bears. I just do not see many wins. Hope I?m wrong

@ New England 1-3
@ Dallas 3-1
Miami 3-1
Green Bay 3-1
@ Chicago 2-2
@ NYG 3-2
Bills 3-1
Jags 2-2
Vikings 3-1
@ jets 2-2
@ Carolina 1-3
Bears 2-2
@ Packers 3-1

Last edited:
Central Points for and against
Vikings 3-1. (86-80)
Packers 3-1 (75-69)
Bears 2-2 (64-77)
Lions 1-3 ?????????.140-141. Wtf ?

Not sure I agree with 4-0 if defense was moderately better. The lions score enough to lose. They always have.

They should at least have 2 or 3 wins.

It?s the first few weeks of the season, every team plays ?hard?. 1-3 is who we are, tankathon continues for the fifth consecutive year.

Last 4 top 10 picks
Hockinson- average at best where he was drafted
Okudoh- Bust
Sewell- RT? Bust if that?s where we keep him
Hutchison- fingers crossed but not looking good.

Do we even want to talk 2nd and 3rd rounders?

Glad I purchased my Lions jersey this year on DHgate and saved the money. Lol

Everything about the defense is wrong. How they line up. How they telegraph where they are blitzing from. Talent. Most of all coaching. It's all bad... real bad.

Is levi done in this league already?

What position does paschal even play?

We need 2 starting ILBs, starting cb and 2 starting safeties... at a minimum!

It?s the first few weeks of the season, every team plays ?hard?. 1-3 is who we are, tankathon continues for the fifth consecutive year.

Last 4 top 10 picks
Hockinson- average at best where he was drafted
Okudoh- Bust
Sewell- RT? Bust if that?s where we keep him
Hutchison- fingers crossed but not looking good.

Do we even want to talk 2nd and 3rd rounders?

I?m so tired of the lions drafting players who are hurt. They are pretty easy to find if the
Team does proper homework.

Everything about the defense is wrong. How they line up. How they telegraph where they are blitzing from. Talent. Most of all coaching. It's all bad... real bad.

Is levi done in this league already?

What position does paschal even play?

We need 2 starting ILBs, starting cb and 2 starting safeties... at a minimum!

Glenn?s defense was so predictable and the lions fell for the rollout play fake action every time. With the back side guy always getting caught to far in. I think it was #49 a lot of times or the guys right next to the ends. Both sides were awful.

Last edited:
Glenn is in trouble if he cant fix this. Its really really bad

140 lions points scored. And yet 1-3

Back