Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Bengals @ Lions Thread

There are no QB's worth taking in the first round for 2022, trade the pick to Miami for Tui would be the smart thing to do if you can get Miami to also take Goof off your hands.

There are no QB's worth taking in the first round for 2022, trade the pick to Miami for Tui would be the smart thing to do if you can get Miami to also take Goof off your hands.

what pick are you talking about...their own or LA's?

As far as Miami's side of the deal...I highly doubt they would want Goff.

Tua is terrible. Hell no. Miami is trying to trade for DeShaun Watson. They don't want Goff. Nobody will at that price tag after these 6 games

Last edited:
what pick are you talking about...their own or LA's?

As far as Miami's side of the deal...I highly doubt they would want Goff.

Give em both if that's what it takes, as long as they take GOOF. There are no great QB prospects in the 2022 draft. They should go out and trade for one now that they can build around.

The Rams had to give up a pick for somebody to take Goff, nobody wants him.

i dont agree with this. Malik Willis, Corral, Carson Strong, Kenny Pickett will all go in the top 15. Strong may be the guy emerging as the #1.

i dont agree with this. Malik Willis, Corral, Carson Strong, Kenny Pickett will all go in the top 15. Strong may be the guy emerging as the #1.

Last year at this time was Mac Jones on the radar?

There will be 3 or 4 guys that impress in their workouts or with their play and will be considered quality first rounders.

Agree there were will be 4 or so QBs top 15. If one drops to Rams pick for Lions, that would be awesome to get Thibodeaux and a QB in Round 1. Then WR top of Round 2 depending on free agency

Does Goff himself not prove to you the fallacy of your thinking? Goff was selected in the 1st round. Why do you think these chumps that EVERY legit analyst says do NOT take with the #1 overall would actually be THE guy to make a difference with the Lions?

Stop with the "get any QB possible". We already have 2 if those in Goff and Blough!

2023 will have better QBs. You need to see the big picture and think long term.

Does Goff himself not prove to you the fallacy of your thinking? Goff was selected in the 1st round. Why do you think these chumps that EVERY legit analyst says do NOT take with the #1 overall would actually be THE guy to make a difference with the Lions?

Stop with the "get any QB possible". We already have 2 if those in Goff and Blough!

2023 will have better QBs. You need to see the big picture and think long term.

Not sure novices can make that assessment that 2022 doesn't have good QBs

Homes played a big part in selecting Goff in LA. And he was a big part in bringing him here to Detroit. Its worrysome to say the least that hes seen him fail miserable twice now....i simply cant imagine he would tie his first GM chance fate to Goff any more than he has to. Re-build the right way...he received assets to move Stafford and obtain Goff. Now you have to use them the right way. We will NEVER win with Goff....we're way too far away. We will NEVER win with a rookie QB either...but the hope is he has his NFL legs underneath him once we're ready to win.

All of the QBs i listed have more upside than Goff. Goff proved that this year with his poor play.

Last edited:
Why? He is doing exactly what the Lions need him to do this year.

Don?t worry They won?t win any games with the other guy either may as well get him reps because no way after next season is Goff a starting nfl QB unless something miraculously changes in his Head.

Last edited:
Don?t worry They won?t win any games with the other guy either may as well get him reps because no way after next season is Goff a starting nfl QB unless something miraculously changes in his Head.

His cap hit next year is $31M and if they cut him it's $30M.

He will be the Lions starter next year.

His cap hit next year is $31M and if they cut him it's $30M.

He will be the Lions starter next year.

Yeah the necessary restructure keeps him here. Unless a team was willing to take on his 15 million roster bonus and an 10 million salary before the roster bonus deadline. Nobody will do that

Lions need to make him take a serious flat pay cut of that 10 mil salary. Not a restructure, just say hey, you get the 15 million roster bonus, your salary is now 1 million not 10

Last edited:

I want NOTHING to do with Willis. Bad games happen, I get that.....but having back to back 3 pick games against 1AA competition.....one in a game you're 30pt favorites in.... does NOT impress me. Thrown 6 INT's in his last 58 passes.

I don't see him as a successful professional quarterback. I'd compare him, from what I have seen, to Mike McMahon. Yes, MIKE MCMAHON.....but a little better runner.

Give me Corral or Sam Howell.

I want NOTHING to do with Willis. Bad games happen, I get that.....but having back to back 3 pick games against 1AA competition.....one in a game you're 30pt favorites in.... does NOT impress me. Thrown 6 INT's in his last 58 passes.

I don't see him as a successful professional quarterback. I'd compare him, from what I have seen, to Mike McMahon. Yes, MIKE MCMAHON.....but a little better runner.

Give me Corral or Sam Howell.

Whatchoo talkin bout Willis

Yeah the necessary restructure keeps him here. Unless a team was willing to take on his 15 million roster bonus and an 10 million salary before the roster bonus deadline. Nobody will do that

Lions need to make him take a serious flat pay cut of that 10 mil salary. Not a restructure, just say hey, you get the 15 million roster bonus, your salary is now 1 million not 10

but it wasn't necessary.

but it wasn't necessary.

It was. Lions are right up against the 2021 cap with all the dead money and IR money. If they didn't restructure him for 15 mil, they couldn't have signed their rookie class or Okwara or cut Collins accelarating dead money

They needed Goff for max amount for restructure

He will be sacrificial lamb until 2022 rookie is ready. But they should ask him for a 9 million pay cut

The entire off season was mis-managed by the front office. They knew it was a COMPLETE re-build. Brockers, Williams, & Perriman weren't necessary signings. Okwara probably wasn't either. Could have re-worked other contracts to make room for rookies. Could have waited to cut Collins.

Back