Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Bengals @ Lions Thread

It?s the same way our founding fathers looked at it, the reason we have it in the first place to help guard against the tyranny of the majority, it?s not a democracy, it?s a republic, if we can keep it. I don?t want to get too political here though I?m very disliked over there, this is the bash lions board. What happened to that mega bash lions thread I started few years ago I can?t find it now

You realize, in theory, that 2 votes can give a candidate 34.4% (Cali and Texas) of the electoral votes needed to win. 4 votes could give them 55.92%

Sounds a bit skewed to me.

You realize, in theory, that 2 votes can give a candidate 34.4% (Cali and Texas) of the electoral votes needed to win. 4 votes could give them 55.92%

Sounds a bit skewed to me.

I figure week 8 philly is their best chance of not going 0-17 this year

Tiger, just want applaud your willingness to deflect here and not engage in political discourse outside the politics thread.

Booger, I completely respect and mostly agree with your Lions viewpoint. It really does not require an attempt at an analogy. Your Lions view stands on its own merit, IMO.

Tiger, just want applaud your willingness to deflect here and not engage in political discourse outside the politics thread.

Booger, I completely respect and mostly agree with your Lions viewpoint. It really does not require an attempt at an analogy. Your Lions view stands on its own merit, IMO.

Guy brings up political topic on this board.

Guy then says he doesn't want to discuss politics on this board.

Gets "applauded" for not engaging in politics on this board.

LOL. Got it.

It was your political analogy goof, keep your political analogies off the lions bash board

https://youtu.be/vdEFP90sAOw

Where's the fuckin rule I can't use a political analogy in a post that was 100% about Detroit Lions football?

Jesus Christ.....GTFOH with your whining.

"Oh, you made a political analogy during a post. Now I'm butt hurt and want to post about it".

Let it go if you don't like it, princess. Nobody made you respond to it.

Where's the fuckin rule I can't use a political analogy in a post that was 100% about Detroit Lions football?

Jesus Christ.....GTFOH with your whining.

"Oh, you made a political analogy during a post. Now I'm butt hurt and want to post about it".

Let it go if you don't like it, princess. Nobody made you respond to it.

Oh shut the hell up and get back to bashing the lions it?s not the difficult

Oh shut the hell up and get back to bashing the lions it?s not the difficult

I'm going to need a list of the topics of analogies I CAN use......that won't twist your panties.... while discussing the antiquated defensive schemes of the 2021 Detroit Lions late game defensive play calling.

I'll wait.

I'm going to need a list of the topics of analogies I CAN use......that won't twist your panties.... while discussing the antiquated defensive schemes of the 2021 Detroit Lions late game defensive play calling.

I'll wait.

Request denied!

Booger, there is a reason the politics have their own area. It has been there for years because of how it changes a thread from the initial discourse into a devolved political back and forth that neither side ever gives in or changes their opinion.

You have been around since the board was created. None of this is new to you. I have a strong opinion regarding the topic you entered into this thread, then tried to deflect the blame upon another poster and then attacked me.

Again, I respect and agree with your views on the Lions current situation. I would prefer focusing on that aspect of this conversation, so I will not discuss your political insertion any further.

I watched then Lions on Sunday. It was good comic relief while visiting with family in Michigan. Is Goff a natural lefty who threw righty on Sunday?

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021...or-decker-injury-not-ruling-out-season-ending

Decker might get shut down. Sounds like the brace or club that he has doesn't work too well

Toe and a finger took out the Lions only strength in the Oline

Such a rebuild year. Borderline forced tank with injuries and IR at this point. Decker, Ragnow, Okwara and Okudah are guys that need to be healthy for 2022. Sounds like Okwara and Okudah have the longest road by far with Okudah most in trouble given speed and agility needed

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021...or-decker-injury-not-ruling-out-season-ending

Decker might get shut down. Sounds like the brace or club that he has doesn't work too well

Toe and a finger took out the Lions only strength in the Oline

Such a rebuild year. Borderline forced tank with injuries and IR at this point. Decker, Ragnow, Okwara and Okudah are guys that need to be healthy for 2022. Sounds like Okwara and Okudah have the longest road by far with Okudah most in trouble given speed and agility needed

Curious to see what they do with Sewell if this happens, do they keep Decker and still slide Sewell over to RT next year?

Curious to see what they do with Sewell if this happens, do they keep Decker and still slide Sewell over to RT next year?

From the sound of things they would still keep Decker at LT and move Sewell back to RT.

All in all, it seems fortunate they got Sewell, otherwise the OTs might be like the WRs and DBs.

Just want to say, "Thank you Quinn for preserving the Lions legacy in ways no predecessor managed to accomplish."

Why? He is doing exactly what the Lions need him to do this year.

I agree.....but it's a very Lion ish thing to do. Go into a full on rebuild and not have a young quarterback on the roster who you can play to see what he can do. I guess Blough somewhat fits that.....but I don't think anyone sees him as a project any longer.

Just wish we had someone like Kyle Trask or Davis Mills.

As of right now.....I'd rather have Trask than Onwuzurike. Maybe that changes with time.....but it would be nice to be able to put a guy like Trask on the field. Yes, maybe he is terrible too.....and we all know that WHOEVER is under center right now isn't getting a fair deal with the "weapons" the Lions have out there.....but a major part of a rebuild is seeing what you have to start with.

Back