Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7: Colts @ Lions Thread

I think garbage time is defined by "no chance to win" and you're padding your stats.

Lol I find it funny about garbage time stats. Pride of Detroit did a career breakdown for Matt and his stats in what quarter he produces. It was proven false. Also isn’t there such a thing as “garbage time” interceptions too? Cases where a qb has to force passes he normally wouldn’t try to throw because they are down by so much or incompletions for that matter?

Last edited:
Lol I find it funny about garbage time stats. Pride of Detroit did a career breakdown for Matt and his stats in what quarter he produces. It was proven false. Also isn’t there such a thing as “garbage time” interceptions too? Cases where a qb has to force passes he normally wouldn’t try to throw because they are down by so much or incompletions for that matter?
The time I would consider an INT as good or at least not bad is down a score at games end. Not down 4 with a minute and 2 timeouts left. Down by 4 with 13 seconds left at the 40 yard line.

Last edited:
Lol I find it funny about garbage time stats. Pride of Detroit did a career breakdown for Matt and his stats in what quarter he produces. It was proven false. Also isn?t there such a thing as ?garbage time? interceptions too? Cases where a qb has to force passes he normally wouldn?t try to throw because they are down by so much or incompletions for that matter?

Yeah I think their results showed that Stafford is mediocre regardless of the situation when looking at his career.

At least he's consistent.

Down 3 Cam fumbles at inside Buffalo's 20, NE loses. That's our playbook.

Yeah I think their results showed that Stafford is mediocre regardless of the situation when looking at his career.

At least he's consistent.

Yes and I agree with this. Stafford is good enough to beat weak teams without much help. However solid to great teams he needs a defense and running game to help him while he almost needs to be a game manager at that point. He is no Wilson, mahomes, Rodgers or Brady. But rather more of a Goff or a Matt Ryan. Unfortunately for all of his tenure as a lion except for one year where we had a top 10 defense. He hasn’t had what he needs to be successful. Not even close, the running game and defense have probably been the most inept that I’ve seen probably from any other starting quarterback in the league over the amount of time he has played.

Last edited:
Yes and I agree with this. Stafford is good enough to beat weak teams without much help. However solid to great teams he needs a defense and running game to help him while he almost needs to be a game manager at that point. He is no Wilson, mahomes, Rodgers or Brady. But rather more of a Goff or a Matt Ryan. Unfortunately for all of his tenure as a lion except for one year where we had a top 10 defense. He hasn?t had what he needs to be successful. Not even close, the running game and defense have probably been the most inept that I?ve seen probably from any other starting quarterback in the league over the amount of time he has played.

This might be one of the best posts describing Staffords career. I?d say he?s better than Ryan....but certainly not one of the 4 you mentioned.

He has ZERO help.

This might be one of the best posts describing Staffords career. I?d say he?s better than Ryan....but certainly not one of the 4 you mentioned.

He has ZERO help.

Less and less room for help when you get to a 2nd and 3rd contract as a starting NFL qb. Very few Qbs in the league deserve them imo. Stafford isnt one of them. Take for example Seahawks defense has to get blown up once Russel Wilson gets his $$$....wilson has been good enough to carry that team for the most part but they are definitely not as complete of a team as they once were..

This team has no top tier quality talent other than a 3rd rd jump ball WR. That is probably a top 10 WR but now wants top 5 money. Do you pay a WR top 5 money when he cant get open consistently? He was completely shut out today. Did nothing.

You invest all these high round picks on RBs and TEs to take pressure off stafford. But it never works. The team need a rebuild....again. Its the unfortunate truth. Get a GM and a coach that will build it the right way. Oline and defensive front 7.

Vataii and Crosby both need to be upgraded.

Flowers, Hand Williams all need to be replaced by cheaper options that can produce just as much.

LBs need an overhaul. Still need an edge rusher, Okwara is showing he can be the guy opposite our edge, collins in the middle, davis and tavaii need to be gone.

Ryan looked like he was going places and then thud.

But that's kind of what I mean. It may SEEM that way, but it's as simple as Matt Ryan had more TEAM help in the beginning of his career. He's actually been a lot better in the second half of his career (partially due to the fact that he has had a lot of great weapons on offense and for the most part had a huge power running game.) But the team success just isn't there, because he's not ELITE. It's like saying Chris Carson sucks because he's not an Adrian Peterson or a Derrick Henry.

Less and less room for help when you get to a 2nd and 3rd contract as a starting NFL qb. Very few Qbs in the league deserve them imo. Stafford isnt one of them. Take for example Seahawks defense has to get blown up once Russel Wilson gets his $$$....wilson has been good enough to carry that team for the most part but they are definitely not as complete of a team as they once were..

This team has no top tier quality talent other than a 3rd rd jump ball WR. That is probably a top 10 WR but now wants top 5 money. Do you pay a WR top 5 money when he cant get open consistently? He was completely shut out today. Did nothing.

You invest all these high round picks on RBs and TEs to take pressure off stafford. But it never works. The team need a rebuild....again. Its the unfortunate truth. Get a GM and a coach that will build it the right way. Oline and defensive front 7.

Vataii and Crosby both need to be upgraded.

Flowers, Hand Williams all need to be replaced by cheaper options that can produce just as much.

LBs need an overhaul. Still need an edge rusher, Okwara is showing he can be the guy opposite our edge, collins in the middle, davis and tavaii need to be gone.

I don't really disagree with anything you've said. I'm surprised more teams in the NFL haven't noticed that when you pay these middling qb's top money that it's hard to build a solid team. But they just keep paying them and watching their team depth and winning records go down the drain time and time again.

Everyone wanted more zone coverage
Run game abysmal
Stafford off and without kg

20 14 and driving well. Strip sack, allow td drive with huge penalty, awful pick 6. Close game to bad ball game

When things go bad for lions they are a train wreck. 3 first half tds ugly too.

Last edited:
They gave themselves a chance. They are getting alot of help this week. Packers, panthers, rams, 49ers all lost. Bears maybe too. Lions didnt take advantage and now get a vikings team that just beat green bay

They gave themselves a chance. They are getting alot of help this week. Packers, panthers, rams, 49ers all lost. Bears maybe too. Lions didnt take advantage and now get a vikings team that just beat green bay

The outcome of the Bears / Saints really doesn't matter. They are both ahead of the Lions. One will create more separation and the other will get a little closer to the Lions. Both are likely competing for a wildcard

Back