Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7: Colts @ Lions Thread

I live in Portland, OR(pacific time zone). I was hoping to wake up this morning w news of a new head coach and GM to finish the season. Maybe I?ll wake up tomorrow with a future 7th for Kerryon, future 6th for Davis, future 6th for Jones and future 7th for Coleman. Who am I kidding, why would anyone want these players....

I can see a team giving a 6th or 7th for Jones.

They gave themselves a chance. They are getting alot of help this week. Packers, panthers, rams, 49ers all lost. Bears maybe too. Lions didnt take advantage and now get a vikings team that just beat green bay

I think you can officially take the 49ers out of playoff contention. Lost Kittle for the year (minimum of 8 weeks) and Garoppolo for an "extended period of time". He suffered another high ankle sprain on the same one he injured in week 2.

Starters that are out or on IR
Garoppolo
Kittle
Mostert
Debo Samuel
Sherman
Bosa
Thomas
Dee Ford

Fulgham is a better all around wr than golladay.

I highly doubt that he is better than Golladay, but he's probably pretty close. Just another reason that it's probably a bad idea to give KG a huge payday. Productive WRs are a dime a dozen.

And now Trey Flowers is headed to IR....Really hope Quinn doesn’t do something stupid and trade for a 30+ year old pass rusher again.

I highly doubt that he is better than Golladay, but he's probably pretty close. Just another reason that it's probably a bad idea to give KG a huge payday. Productive WRs are a dime a dozen.

and full transparency i dont have a lot to go off of....ive only watched 2 PHI games this year. But in both games Fulgham has cleared the DB on the sideline and make a catch 20-30 yds down field. Something i cant remember Golladay ever doing. Golladay gets 1v1 he gets a jump ball and to all of his credit he converts a majority of them. But his route running doesnt get him open.

And now Trey Flowers is headed to IR....Really hope Quinn doesn?t do something stupid and trade for a 30+ year old pass rusher again.

IR this year could be only 3 weeks. Im hoping to see Griffen and Flowers on the field together at some point this year. Fingers crossed...havent really heard an update on Flowers. Honestly, id think that would give us a good front 3. Would just need to work on upgrade 2 out of 4 LBs.

See how lions run d holds up without flowers. Cook probably runs wild

No kg is bad for offense

See how lions run d holds up without flowers. Cook probably runs wild

No kg is bad for offense

Ya staf can't be bailed out on those 3 jump ball plays this week. He'll be forced to read a defense and throw to the open receiver now.... something even a mediocre qb should be able to do.

Ya staf can't be bailed out on those 3 jump ball plays this week. He'll be forced to read a defense and throw to the open receiver now.... something even a mediocre qb should be able to do.

People are getting open? Marvin had 2 tds and hall had 100 yards. Zero run game against colts..pick 6 was terrible but strip sack not on him

Stafford least of problems by far as always. Off a little but not bad. 20 14 went 35 14 real quick.

Defense gave up 4 long td drives before the pick 6 for 28 points by end q3. That game wasnt stafford fault.

Run the damn ball better

Last edited:

Min is a 2-5 football team and a 4pt favorite against the Lions. Kinda tells you how bad we are.

Stafford least of problems by far as always. Off a little but not bad. 20 14 went 35 14 real quick.

28-14 to 35-14 real quick..because of the pick 6

Stafford leads them on a TD drive vs. a pick 6 the game would have been 28-21

28-14 to 35-14 real quick..because of the pick 6

Stafford leads them on a TD drive vs. a pick 6 the game would have been 28-21

Defense wasnt making stops, nobody getting open and non existen run game

Maholmes couldnt save them

Last edited:

So who do we blame for this pitiful team? Is it coaches, GM or both?

Mahomes has 1 pick 6 in 3.5 years.
.25 pick six a year

Stafford has 22
2 a year

Mahomes brought KC back in the first round of the playoffs when they were down 24-0 and down 10 in the 4th to SF in a SB.

Stafford isn't even close to Mahomes. You need to compare Stafford to his peers...guys like Matt Ryan, Rivers, Goff, Dalton, etc.

Maholmes has healthier weapons, run game and semblance of defense to lead those comebacks

The problem is not Stafford. 9 more to go. See what happens

Maholmes could throw a pick 6 every other snap here in detroit

Last edited:
Who hires the GM? That is where blame resides, and has, since 11-22-1963.

There were 2 new people last time for the Gm hire. And quinn was a great candidate at the time. Martha and Rod. And now a new person for next time in Sheila

Back