Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7: Colts @ Lions Thread

They gave themselves a chance. They are getting alot of help this week. Packers, panthers, rams, 49ers all lost. Bears maybe too. Lions didnt take advantage and now get a vikings team that just beat green bay

We don?t have a chance for playoffs. Hopefully Quinn and Patricia get fired Monday AM before they trade future assets.

speaking of garbage stats. Was watching the 49ers game. Garappolo went out early in the 4th with his team down 20. Mullins came in and threw for 238 yards and 2 TDs when Seattle was just playing their softer than normal D.

Best possible outcome of other NFC games today, but the Lions done shat the bed instead.

watching Wentz. Another example of paying a qb then everything around him goes to shit and now the team sucks.

watching Wentz. Another example of paying a qb then everything around him goes to shit and now the team sucks.

It?s not just paying a QB. You can be successful and have a highly paid QB. But your other round 1-3 rookies have to be impact players. Ours aren?t. We?d be in a much better position if Davis and Tavai were good. Will Harris was a starter. Kerryon Johnson was good (wouldn?t have to draft Swift, Maybe have Metcalf?) Teez Tabor was a good CB and A?Shawn Robinson was manning the middle of the line.

All those guys are/would be on rookie deals. That?s 6 wasted picks. And because some of them were so bad it?s made us get FA at the same positions just to cover. Which in turn might add even more talent at other positions.

It?s not all about the QB. Draft better.

It goes both ways. You have teams like Was, NYG, NYJ, Den, Chargers, NE, and more, that aren?t paying QBs and 500 or worse.

Teams like TB, Seattle, GB, KC, N.O, Pit and others, are paying QBs and considered Super Bowl contenders.

This is the crap we get stuck with because of prime time NFL?s love for the Cowboys and the NFC Least.

Watching this game makes me realize what other fans feel like watching the Lions. So boring, not good football.

Last edited:
People debating if the Lions should trade for Ross/Boyd or another WR while Travis Fulgham is killing it in Philly.

Last edited:
It goes both ways. You have teams like Was, NYG, NYJ, Den, Chargers, NE, and more, that aren?t paying QBs and 500 or worse.

Teams like TB, Seattle, GB, KC, N.O, Pit and others, are paying QBs and considered Super Bowl contenders.

Brady, Wilson, AR, Mahomes, Brees, Ben

All first ballot HOF QBs that have already won SBs.

From ESPN. Pretty good summation

The Lions in many ways showed exactly what they are Sunday: a team that can beat bottom feeders but will largely struggle against contenders. Detroit lost its seventh consecutive home game against Indianapolis, and it felt in many ways like the team's loss to Green Bay in Week 2: The Lions take an early lead and then the combination of offensive ineptitude, defensive miscues and a special teams gaffe lead to a loss. And in Detroit, it's been a look the Lions have shown far too often under coach Matt Patricia in games they need to win to keep things going in a positive direction. Patricia again lamented his team's lack of consistency, a trademark of Patricia's teams in Detroit. -- Michael Rothstein

Looks like Seattle verses either Pittsburgh or KC in the super bowl right now.

Yes and I agree with this. Stafford is good enough to beat weak teams without much help. However solid to great teams he needs a defense and running game to help him while he almost needs to be a game manager at that point. He is no Wilson, mahomes, Rodgers or Brady. But rather more of a Goff or a Matt Ryan. Unfortunately for all of his tenure as a lion except for one year where we had a top 10 defense. He hasn’t had what he needs to be successful. Not even close, the running game and defense have probably been the most inept that I’ve seen probably from any other starting quarterback in the league over the amount of time he has played.

Agree with this. Matt can beat bad teams but good teams just expose him for a very nice above average qb. That pick 6 he was set up by the colts defense. I mean it was so telegraphed. Matt has to play better. Also it’s not all on Stafford. Bevell is not a good coordinator. Lions have scored 177 points this year. Not sure is we have any defense or run backs but that is only 25.2 points a game. Points allowed 209 for 29.8 a game. This lions rank 24th out 32 teams in scoring offense. Bevell needs to use Matt better. The AP signing was just stupid. Waste of money. Wish we would pass to set up the run. Our offense is just way to vanilla. You would think Stafford being a veteran this offense would be much better. Scoring wise it says different. 24th out 32 teams is just not good enough.

Kind of a correction
Although they are 18th in scoring when you factor in that some teams have play 8 games.
We just need to be better. Sadly maybe 18th or 24th is enough if we had just a half way decent defense. Can Matt get us in the top 10 in scoring ? I’m just frustrated. You could tell from the get go yesterday the Colts had a much better team then we did. Better game plan. Better players. Ect, ect, ect.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamstat.html?sort=points

Last edited:
Agree with this. Matt can beat bad teams but good teams just expose him for a very nice above average qb. That pick 6 he was set up by the colts defense. I mean it was so telegraphed. Matt has to play better. Also it?s not all on Stafford. Bevell is not a good coordinator. Lions have scored 177 points this year. Not sure is we have any defense or run backs but that is only 25.2 points a game. Points allowed 209 for 29.8 a game. This lions rank 24th out 32 teams in scoring offense. Bevell needs to use Matt better. The AP signing was just stupid. Waste of money. Wish we would pass to set up the run. Our offense is just way to vanilla. You would think Stafford being a veteran this offense would be much better. Scoring wise it says different. 24th out 32 teams is just not good enough.

Kind of a correction
Although they are 18th in scoring when you factor in that some teams have play 8 games.
We just need to be better. Sadly maybe 18th or 24th is enough if we had just a half way decent defense. Can Matt get us in the top 10 in scoring ? I?m just frustrated. You could tell from the get go yesterday the Colts had a much better team then we did. Better game plan. Better players. Ect, ect, ect.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamstat.html?sort=points

Offense

18th in points per game
22nd in yards per game
29th in rushing yards per game
16th in passing yards per game

Passing game is average, the rest of the offense is bad

Defense

26th in points per game
23rd in total yards per game
23rd in rushing yards per game
19th in passing yards per game

The defense is bad everywhere.

Bad offense, average passing game, bad defense.

I live in Portland, OR(pacific time zone). I was hoping to wake up this morning w news of a new head coach and GM to finish the season. Maybe I’ll wake up tomorrow with a future 7th for Kerryon, future 6th for Davis, future 6th for Jones and future 7th for Coleman. Who am I kidding, why would anyone want these players....

Back