Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh NFL Rumors

It appears, though I hesitate to judge before all the facts are in, that JH is not leaving Michigan as of this moment.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Sean Payton is supposed to be like the shit, right?

Like, he could pretty much write his own ticket.

Do you think Coach Prime and Payton are going to have a personality clash?

Hey, I posted on the NFL forum a bit, and nothing happened. Most of the other posters were ones I know.

Did you say it's crazier there and someone threatened to murder someone's family? or was that the Tigers' board?

Hey, I posted on the NFL forum a bit, and nothing happened. Most of the other posters were ones I know.

Did you say it's crazier there and someone threatened to murder someone's family? or was that the Tigers' board?

that was the Lions board. Some guy went bat shit crazy because other Lions fans were rooting for Matt Stafford after he left the team. :lmao:

that was the Lions board. Some guy went bat shit crazy because other Lions fans were rooting for Matt Stafford after he left the team. :lmao:

That's odd. Lions fans are usually pretty chill, on account of all the losing they've had to cope with over the years.

Maybe he was a new Lions fan.

Sean Payton is supposed to be like the shit, right?

With the same number of Super Bowl rings as John Harbaugh? You better believe it. He's going to take Denver to the high ground.

Like, he could pretty much write his own ticket.

If Denver is on TV every week next season I will not be amused.

Do you think Coach Prime and Payton are going to have a personality clash?

Only when they breathe. Otherwise, no.

some people... you? the one who posted it?

Yeah it?s probably my fault, not the guy taking an in-person interview for an NFL job after agreeing to a deal with uofm or the guy reporting that fact. I?m the one keeping it alive - this story would have died long ago if I didn?t post an article written by someone else on a private chat room read by 12 people.

Last edited:
Harbaugh ain't never not gonna to not never think about jumping to the NFL.

It was the Lions board. No one threatened to murder anyone - someone wished death on the families of any poster who was happy that former Lion quarterback Matthew Stafford had won a Super Bowl with the Rams.

I was rooting for the Rams in the Super Bowl, but BEFORE they got there, I had been rooting AGAINST them when they played Tom Brady?s team. That?s my righteous rooting order - the Lions, then Tom Brady?s team, then any Los Angeles team, if one happens to be in existence.

So I guess that?s why the Angel of Death passed over me.

Yeah it?s probably my fault, not the guy taking an in-person interview for an NFL job after agreeing to a deal with uofm or the guy reporting that fact. I?m the one keeping it alive - this story would have died long ago if I didn?t post an article written by someone else on a private chat room read by 12 people.

Let Harbaugh be Harbaugh, I say. It's what makes him Harbaugh. If he attracts attention from the NFL, I say it's because the NFL finds him worthy of attraction.

Will the NFL ever pursue Tucker? Was Matt Antonio ever on the short list of NFL candidates? Muddy Waters? Bobby Williams? Denny Stoltz? the psychopath J.L. Smith? Duffy? Biggie?

Saban? His NFL bust is not made of bronze.

Only Darryl Rogers graduated to the NFL after coaching the Spartans, and he transitioned from ASU, not MSU. George Perles went in the other direction, posting a virtual .500 record as MSU coach.

Let Harbaugh be Harbaugh, I say. It's what makes him Harbaugh. If he attracts attention from the NFL, I say it's because the NFL finds him worthy of attraction.

Will the NFL ever pursue Tucker? Was Matt Antonio ever on the short list of NFL candidates? Muddy Waters? Bobby Williams? Denny Stoltz? the psychopath J.L. Smith? Duffy? Biggie?

Saban? His NFL bust is not made of bronze.

Only Darryl Rogers graduated to the NFL after coaching the Spartans, and he transitioned from ASU, not MSU. George Perles went in the other direction, posting a virtual .500 record as MSU coach.

I have no problem with it - it's a free country and he can pursue whatever job he wants.

Mel Tucker has 10yrs experience coaching in the NFL, mostly as defensive coordinator w/ a short stint as interim head coach in Jacksonville in 2011. He was considered for the job but lost out to Mularkey. His college pedigree is more meaningful in my mind and it's pretty solid (LSU, Ohio State, Alabma and Georgia) but the jury is still out on him as a head coach - he has a lot of work to do.

But I actually don't care if any MSU coach ever gets NFL attention. It's not what makes someone a great college coach or at least it's certainly not the only thing and probably not even top 5 on the list of how I would evaluate a coach. If a coach is successful at MSU but doesn't get NFL attention and makes a career at MSU, all the better as far as I'm concerned. Harbaugh can hog that NFL attention all he wants.

Last edited:
Mel Tucker is a colossal douche nozzle

and, LET?S FUCKING RIDE, Sean!!!

Last edited:
Wasn't the story a couple of years ago about what a great guy Jim Harbaugh is? How it's not about money for him, he wasn't trying to save his job, it was that he'd made enough money and didn't need to bleed the university so he took massive pay cut to stay with the team and also to make sure his assistant coaches got paid? What is this, the second or third time he's openly flirted w/ the NFL to leverage a better deal from uofm? If he stays and gets a massive raise, does that mean he's not different from every other coach trying to maximize their value extraction?

The Broncos are purportedly paying Sean Payton "in the neighborhood of $18MM" annually to be their next coach. By all accounts, they reached out to Harbaugh twice.

Sean Payton is a good coach, no doubt, but 7-9 without Drew Brees (who is retired now), and was unemployed. Not like they hired him away from anyone. Presumably Harbaugh would've made at least that from them, if not more.

Harbaugh's current total compensation is around $7.3 MM per year.

If he was about money, why wouldn't he just take the Denver job for over twice his current salary, rather than "leveraging a better deal from uofm" to get a small percentage increase?

is he greedy but not that greedy?

The Broncos are purportedly paying Sean Payton "in the neighborhood of $18MM" annually to be their next coach. By all accounts, they reached out to Harbaugh twice.

Sean Payton is a good coach, no doubt, but 7-9 without Drew Brees (who is retired now), and was unemployed. Not like they hired him away from anyone. Presumably Harbaugh would've made at least that from them, if not more.

Harbaugh's current total compensation is around $7.3 MM per year.

I don't think this is true. I think Payton is more highly regarded than JH. Secondly, they did have to hire him away from fox where it was reported that he was making over $10M per year. He was also still under contractual obligation to the Saints which is the reason for the draft pick compensation.

I highly doubt that Harbaugh would command more than $18M per year.

I don't think this is true. I think Payton is more highly regarded than JH. Secondly, they did have to hire him away from fox where it was reported that he was making over $10M per year. He was also still under contractual obligation to the Saints which is the reason for the draft pick compensation.

I highly doubt that Harbaugh would command more than $18M per year.

okay, but what did you think about the point of my post?

Back