Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hard Knocks 2022

Ill say i like Dan Campbell alot more after Hard Knocks. It all but confirms the meathead comments....BUT hes a much better motivator than i thought he was. Dare i say he gets the most out of his guys and it seems that they are buying in. Atleast on a show thats what it seems like.

Campbell is cheesy and says "man" at the end of every sentence and that annoys the SHIT out of me. But, he is a very good motivator. He seems to be fairly knowledgeable in the X's and O's as well. Want's to put guys in the right positions. I like the mix of "tough guys with grit" and skill position talent we are getting.

Offense could REALLY be improved this year. Goff has to be good, but the line could be the best Lions OL I've ever seen (I'm 43), there is talent on the outside and in the middle....and we have some talented RB's.

As my kids would say.....I'm low-key excited about this year.

Motivation and Xs and Os. Good coaching staff.

Let's see what he can do with this team

Will it be 7-8 wins and we are ok but want more or 9-10 wins and gets a ton of praise and a high bar for 2023

Going to be an interesting year man. Especially if you have 3 toes and only one ass cheek

I?m looking forward to to season. I am really excited. But then the Tigers were 77-85 last year and we didn?t think the rebuild was going to have to be started over with them. I just hope the lions can get off to a good start. Cannot start 0-2 this year.

Look I swear some. But so many F- Bombs on hard knocks. I Know its HBO but come on you don?t have to say swear every other word.

I?m looking forward to to season. I am really excited. But then the Tigers were 77-85 last year and we didn?t think the rebuild was going to have to be started over with them. I just hope the lions can get off to a good start. Cannot start 0-2 this year.

The really do have a pretty easy schedule. From what I read, it's the 5th easiest in the NFL.

They start with 2 easy home games (Eagles and Redskins) and game #4 at home vs. Seattle, who should also be bad. Other out of division games at home are Miami, Bills, & Jags. Miami and the Jags aren't good either. They also have the Jets, Panthers, and Giants on the road (which are all bad teams)

I'm telling you, the Lions could be a well below average team and get to 9 or 10 wins because they have a REALLY easy schedule.

The really do have a pretty easy schedule. From what I read, it's the 5th easiest in the NFL.

They start with 2 easy home games (Eagles and Redskins) and game #4 at home vs. Seattle, who should also be bad. Other out of division games at home are Miami, Bills, & Jags. Miami and the Jags aren't good either. They also have the Jets, Panthers, and Giants on the road (which are all bad teams)

I'm telling you, the Lions could be a well below average team and get to 9 or 10 wins because they have a REALLY easy schedule.

I thought the name was changed, for some reason or another, can?t remember why now.

Forget the new name?begins with a C, I think.

Colonizers, is it?

Agree its a strong possibility however,

If so many teams are so bad, and the Lions beat them making the Lions better than them. Doesn't that make them at least average to above average

You are somewhat saying Lions are better than or at least equal to:
Bears (home/away), Jets (away), Panthers (away), Giants (away), Seattle (home), Jacksonville (home), Washington (home). That is 8 should be wins right there then. But can always drop a game to anyone or two or more if Lions are bad enough. Especially since 4 of these games are on the road. Say 6-2 with Lions not being Same old Lions. IF we lose 4 of these 8 games we probably are not a good team unless we are somehow beating most of the other good teams below on the schedule.

I assume you think Dolphins (home), Vikings (home/away) are better than the Lions. Can they win 2 here of 3.

I know you think Packers (home/away), Bills (home), Patriots (away), Cowboys (away), Eagles (home) are better (all playoff teams). Can they win 2 here to get to 2 wins out of 6 games.

Guess it depends who we beat out of those better teams to get to 9 or 10 wins. Beat 6 bad team and 4 better teams, that would mean Lions are at least average maybe an above average team. Win 7 or 8 against the "bad" teams and go 4-5 record against the "good teams" well then you got to say the Lions are a good team at 11 or 12 wins. Note Lions only ever won 12 games in a season once in their entire history. But yeah if they win the 8 easy games and only beat 2 good teams, might be just an average or below average team then even at 10 wins.

Also you have to observe the actual games and how the Lions are actually playing. Are they squeaking by to win on 66 yard FGs, less injured than the other teams, getting the refs to give them borderline calls in their favor at crucial moments (lol yeah right) and then of course what they would end up doing in the playoffs (shock the world with a win or WC exit)

Agree its a strong possibility however,

If so many teams are so bad, and the Lions beat them making the Lions better than them. Doesn't that make them at least average to above average

You are somewhat saying Lions are better than or at least equal to:
Bears (home/away), Jets (away), Panthers (away), Giants (away), Seattle (home), Jacksonville (home), Washington (home). That is 8 should be wins right there then. But can always drop a game to anyone or two or more if Lions are bad enough. Especially since 4 of these games are on the road. Say 6-2 with Lions not being Same old Lions. IF we lose 4 of these 8 games we probably are not a good team unless we are somehow beating most of the other good teams below on the schedule.

I assume you think Dolphins (home), Vikings (home/away) are better than the Lions. Can they win 2 here of 3.

I know you think Packers (home/away), Bills (home), Patriots (away), Cowboys (away), Eagles (home) are better (all playoff teams). Can they win 2 here to get to 2 wins out of 6 games.

Guess it depends who we beat out of those better teams to get to 9 or 10 wins. Beat 6 bad team and 4 better teams, that would mean Lions are at least average maybe an above average team. Win 7 or 8 against the "bad" teams and go 4

what I mean is the teams on their schedule are among the worst in the league. I know things change, but the way I look at it is this

Here is how I look at their opponents

Teams that could possibly one of the worst teams in the league next year.

Jax
Giants
Jets
Panthers
Seahawks

Teams that have almost no shot at the playoffs (bad teams)

Bears (2x)
Redskins

Teams that should be around .500. In a vacuum, this is where the Lions are.
Philly
Dallas
MN (x2)
Eagles
NE

Teams that are likely to be good

GB (x2)
Bills

8 games in the first 2 categories should equal 7 wins. If they don't win 7 of those 8 games, the Lions are terrible.

6 games vs. teams that aren't likely to be very good...just your typical .500 teams.

3 games vs what I would consider good teams.

So, 8 games vs crap teams, 6 games vs average teams, 3 games vs good teams = really easy schedule.

what I mean is the teams on their schedule are among the worst in the league. I know things change, but the way I look at it is this

Jax
Giants
Jets
Panthers
Seahawks

Bears (2x)
Redskins

Philly
Dallas
MN (x2)
Eagles
NE

GB (x2)
Bills

8 games in the first 2 categories should equal 7 wins. If they don't win 7 of those 8 games, the Lions are terrible.

6 games vs. teams that aren't likely to be very good...just your typical .500 teams.

So, 8 games vs crap teams, 6 games vs average teams, 3 games vs good teams = really easy schedule.

Agree with the breakdown. We had the same 8 bad teams but you had some of them as really bad group. I'm shocked you put the Lions in that middle group. To me if they are in that group already right now, and they win 9-10 games, no way can they be considered below average at least even with an easy schedule.

3 teams only in the good right now. How many others are there. Rams, Tampa, Titans, Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers?

Are the Ravens, Steelers, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Raiders, Broncos, Colts in the middle pack or the good pack.

Falcons/Panthers/Texans for sure bad too.

Jax
Giants
Jets
Panthers
Seahawks

Bears (2x)
Redskins

Philly
Dallas
MN (x2)
Eagles
NE

GB (x2)
Bills

I'm not even sure how good the Packers are gonna be this year. Green Bay is relying on two rookie WR's to have big roles this year and Rodgers doesn't mesh well with rookies typically.

Looking at their offensive roster, they have a bottom 5 TE and WR group on offense. Jones and Dillon make a really good 1-2 combo in the backfield, but the interior O-Line is a major question mark.

Jenkins is an excellent player regardless of where he plays on the line. Bahktiari is also elite if he can successfully return from injury, but he is questionable for week 1. All three of their interior starters are extremely young and unproven. They are one injury to Bahktiari or Jenkins from having a bottom 5-10 O-Line as well.

They do have a pretty talented defense though, but not without question marks. Rashan Gary had a major breakout last year after two mediocre at best seasons, will that continue? De'Vondre Campbell was fantastic last year after 4 years of replacement level play with the Falcons. Was that a contract year blowup or a sign of things to come. Can Wyatt and Walker make immediate impacts? Was Rasual Douglass just a flash in the pan or can he repeat last year performance? Will Eric Stokes develop in his 2nd season? What about Jaire Alexander? He had an elite year in 2020, but missed most of last year. Can he regain that form? Will Darnell Savage take the next step?

The Packers are clearly the class of the division, but they may be a lot closer to Philly/Dallas in terms of talent then the Bills.

Lions could have a decent record or could go 6-11. I see a lot of winnable games on this schedule and I am sure the other team is looking at the Lions as a easy win. Pound the damn rock and use play action and see what happens.

Lions could have a decent record or could go 6-11. I see a lot of winnable games on this schedule and I am sure the other team is looking at the Lions as a easy win. Pound the damn rock and use play action and see what happens.

Wait, what?

The Lions haven?t won that many games in almost a half decade.

Where is the guarantee that a crap season will be as as six wins?

I'm not even sure how good the Packers are gonna be this year. Green Bay is relying on two rookie WR's to have big roles this year and Rodgers doesn't mesh well with rookies typically.

Looking at their offensive roster, they have a bottom 5 TE and WR group on offense. Jones and Dillon make a really good 1-2 combo in the backfield, but the interior O-Line is a major question mark.

Jenkins is an excellent player regardless of where he plays on the line. Bahktiari is also elite if he can successfully return from injury, but he is questionable for week 1. All three of their interior starters are extremely young and unproven. They are one injury to Bahktiari or Jenkins from having a bottom 5-10 O-Line as well.

They do have a pretty talented defense though, but not without question marks. Rashan Gary had a major breakout last year after two mediocre at best seasons, will that continue? De'Vondre Campbell was fantastic last year after 4 years of replacement level play with the Falcons. Was that a contract year blowup or a sign of things to come. Can Wyatt and Walker make immediate impacts? Was Rasual Douglass just a flash in the pan or can he repeat last year performance? Will Eric Stokes develop in his 2nd season? What about Jaire Alexander? He had an elite year in 2020, but missed most of last year. Can he regain that form? Will Darnell Savage take the next step?

The Packers are clearly the class of the division, but they may be a lot closer to Philly/Dallas in terms of talent then the Bills.

that may be true, but I just think that AR is so good and they have a really good defense that they will be a 12-13 win team

that may be true, but I just think that AR is so good and they have a really good defense that they will be a 12-13 win team

Agreed Packers took a step back but they still could very well win 12-13. They have won 13 three seasons in a row. They makes me want to punch Rodgers in the face and count down until he retires. PS Lions have never won 13 in a season ever

Packers should have a "tougher" schedule though. Play Rams over rebuilding Seattle, at Bucs over at Panthers, Titans over Jags. Lions need to take advantage going 3-0 and hope the Packers drop 2 or all 3 of those (they won't drop all 3). They travel to Philly and travel to Buffalo/Miami but get Dallas and NE at home, NYG is in London not Lambeau so only 8 home games (they'll still crush the Giants)

Packers still win the North. Lions are 9-10 win wild card if all goes well for them with this schedule but to do that got to sweep Bears and split Vikings. Can we beat the starting Packers at Ford Field in November. I think so.

Last edited:
I?m not understanding the hype or hope for this coming season. I think it?s clear as glass, Lions aren?t trying to win this season. We didn?t bring in not one true impact player in free agency. We kept Goff as our QB. We?re pretty much returning the same players as the 3 win team last year. This is year 2 of Holmes rebuild. We used a 1st round pick on a player who may miss half the season. The writing is on the wall, we?re not trying to win this year.

Year 2 of rebuild. 5 wins AT MOST. W that said, Hard Knocks has been entertaining!

I?m not understanding the hype or hope for this coming season. I think it?s clear as glass, Lions aren?t trying to win this season. We didn?t bring in not one true impact player in free agency. We kept Goff as our QB. We?re pretty much returning the same players as the 3 win team last year. This is year 2 of Holmes rebuild. We used a 1st round pick on a player who may miss half the season. The writing is on the wall, we?re not trying to win this year.

Year 2 of rebuild. 5 wins AT MOST. W that said, Hard Knocks has been entertaining!

Gun to my head and I would say they win 7 games. They have an improved WR corps with the addition of DJ Chark & St Brown with a season under his belt. Jamison Williams might come on in the second half like St Brown did last year. I think Hutchenson will be pretty good...better than what they had last year.

Of course it's the Lions...they will probably shit the bed and go 4-13 :lmao:

Gun to my head and I would say they win 7 games. They have an improved WR corps with the addition of DJ Chark & St Brown with a season under his belt. Jamison Williams might come on in the second half like St Brown did last year. I think Hutchenson will be pretty good...better than what they had last year.

Of course it's the Lions...they will probably shit the bed and go 4-13 :lmao:

If they do go 4-13 in 2022, I wonder how Campbell will keep that team together. I think then is when we will see a bunch of new FA players and a new QB

One year of expected losing is different from 2-3 years. Like if Patricia won in 2019/2020 or Schwartz won in 2012/2013, they wouldn't have given up on the coach even if they were non-players coach. Caldwell they were 9-7, 9-7 so they still very much supported him plus he was a players coach.

Got to win no matter how good Campbell can motivate them now. I think that is why they are not "tanking" per 503. Campbell knows he will lose players' motivation if they have a terrible record again or he will have to change out a bunch of players. No way they are tanking

The adds are Ragnow, Decker full years, Chark. Swift, St Brown, Hock, rest of Oline was all good so didn't need any adding there. Goff is part contractual, part they do have faith in him if he has a good Oline, good weapons. They gave him that for his last chance version of Goff. 2017/2018/final 6 2021 Goff vs 2019/2020/first 11 Goff. What will we get. That in itself will be interesting to see

Defense is just young and still injured (Romeo, Julian O, Ife, Paschal, Levi, Jerry Jacbos). But Aaron Glenn wants a head coaching job so no way he is tanking. Hutch improves them. Elliot over safety Will Harris is an improvement. Brocker is Brockers at this point.. AA is AA. Player development by good coaches of McNeil, Barnes/Rodriguez, Okudah, AO, Walker is what they are banking on for defense plus game changing Hutch and consistent Charles Harris. At some point can those 6 injured guys come back and help us.

Last edited:
If they do go 4-13 in 2022, I wonder how Campbell will keep that team together. I think then is when we will see a bunch of new FA players and a new QB

One year of expected losing is different from 2-3 years. Like if Patricia won in 2019/2020 or Schwartz won in 2012/2013, they wouldn't have given up on the coach even if they were non-players coach. Caldwell they were 9-7, 9-7 so they still very much supported him plus he was a players coach.

Got to win no matter how good Campbell can motivate them now. I think that is why they are not "tanking" per 503. Campbell knows he will lose players' motivation if they have a terrible record again or he will have to change out a bunch of players. No way they are tanking

The adds are Ragnow, Decker full years, Chark. Swift, St Brown, Hock, rest of Oline was all good so didn't need any adding there. Goff is part contractual, part they do have faith in him if he has a good Oline, good weapons. They gave him that for his last chance version of Goff. 2017/2018/final 6 2021 Goff vs 2019/2020/first 11 Goff. What will we get. That in itself will be interesting to see

Defense is just young and still injured (Romeo, Julian O, Ife, Paschal, Levi, Jerry Jacbos). But Aaron Glenn wants a head coaching job so no way he is tanking. Hutch improves them. Elliot over safety Will Harris is an improvement. Brocker is Brockers at this point.. AA is AA. Player development by good coaches of McNeil, Barnes/Rodriguez, Okudah, AO, Walker is what they are banking on for defense plus game changing Hutch and consistent Charles Harris. At some point can those 6 injured guys come back and help us.

I wouldn't bank on any uptick of production due to injured players coming back. It is very likely that the same number of injuries will happen again this year...just to different players.

I would say this though, If Okudah can play up to his "pedigree" it would be a big boost to the D in terms of depth and quality of depth.

personnally i feel the PAckers have been good because they get to play 3 shit teams twice a year every year. They had years where their defense was complete garbage and they are winning the division becuase MIN CHI and us couldnt take advantage.

Were a 3 win team that added 0 glaring pieces on offense. DJ Chark is a fine piece...but hes probably viewed as a failure based on where he was drafted and is looking for s resurgence on a new team. Im not sold on him being a savior for the offense when hes a deep threat and we have a qb that is notoriously bad/hesitant at throwing the deep ball. Loved the Jameson Williams pick...but we wont see him 100% until the 2nd half of the season.

Defense added Hutch and completely neglected LB and secondary. What the heck that equates to?...i dunno. Maybe more pressures. Probably more of the same with guys running wide open in the secondary so the presssures dont mean a damn thing.

Agree the soft schedule vs avg to below avg competition should automatically make this team more competitive. 6-7 wins would be a move in the right direction for this team that still severely lacks top end talent. 9 wins is their north star thats achievable becuase the teams they play are so bad.

I do think theyve bought in to this coaching staff and will play hard each week.

Last edited:
Back