Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hard Knocks 2022

I havent watched much hard knocks before. For those that have would you say this season was more entertaining?

I cant imagine a more lively group of coaches lol.

The time spent on "Pimp" juggling was probably not needed lol...other than that i thought they did a good job getting s familiar with the rookies.

Probably could have tee'd up the key roster battles a bit better ie RB WR CB.

All in all i thought it was great TV.

Is this in any episode?

On KTLA they showed a clip of UCLA Bruins getting up and singing. None of the news anchors seemed to know that this has been going on in NFL and college training camps forever.

I first read about it in Jerry Kramer?s ?Instant Replay? when I was a little kid.

Thanks.

Now I don?t have to watch the episode.

Yesterday on the radio, former Showtime Lakers Mychal Thompson, who has been a sports radio talk host in SoCal for a number of years ? he is pretty entertaining and funny - was arguing that Prince was the greatest performance artist in history because of the way he could dance. Nobody could play as many instruments and dance the way Prince could, was his argument. That?s what they talk about on sports talk radio here in Los Angeles, what musician is the best dancer.

After watching this, I would have to argue that Aidan Hutchinson is the greatest performance artist in history. He can sing and dance, like a lot of them, but none of them, including Prince, could hit like Aiden Hutchison.

Aiden sang, Rodrigo danced salsa, Pimp juggled. The big tackle told a joke infront of the Olineman room.

Aiden sang, Rodrigo danced salsa, Pimp juggled. The big tackle told a joke infront of the Olineman room.

Hutch also had the team erupting when he announced he got a $23mil signing bonus. Lol

Hutch also had the team erupting when he announced he got a $23mil signing bonus. Lol

I gotta say....even though he played at Michigan, I like Hutch. Elite talent + work ethic + a down to earth personality usually leads to a superstar.

Hoping his career is as healthy as possible for an NFL DE......because I think injuries are the only thing that could stop him from being a superstar for the next 8-10 years.

I gotta say....even though he played at Michigan, I like Hutch. Elite talent + work ethic + a down to earth personality usually leads to a superstar.

Hoping his career is as healthy as possible for an NFL DE......because I think injuries are the only thing that could stop him from being a superstar for the next 8-10 years.

He wears down quick. Did in college too.... that's my only worry.

Didn't expect them to have Sudfeld footage already. They don't waste any time.

Rod Wood seems like the nerdy kid in school who really wants to be liked.

Like the way Holmes/Campbell cut guys. They both clearly earn respect from their players.

Love Eminem. He?s the GOAT.

was awesome seeing my favorite team on hard knocks. Learned alot about Dan Campbell. i think he will get his guys to fight every game....we just lack the talent still for it to make a difference.

As far as hard knocks goes...missed opportunity not doing anything on Jameson Williams and how his rehab is going. His attitude on draft day rubbed alot of detroiter's the wrong way (not me). This could have been a good platform to try to get to know him a bit more.

was awesome seeing my favorite team on hard knocks. Learned alot about Dan Campbell. i think he will get his guys to fight every game....we just lack the talent still for it to make a difference.

As far as hard knocks goes...missed opportunity not doing anything on Jameson Williams and how his rehab is going. His attitude on draft day rubbed alot of detroiter's the wrong way (not me). This could have been a good platform to try to get to know him a bit more.

Definitely have the buy-in and good coaching for both motivation and teaching skill sets, coordinating and playing their strengths (see scheme change to attacking scheme by AG). Do we have the talent to win 7-10 games this year with all that coaching/buy-in. We shall see. Feel like there is always buy-in in year 2 even for Lions coaches (Schwartz, Caldwell at least). Patricia just pissed people off instantly and tried to add a bunch of ex Pats for the buy-in.

If not, there will be some new faces for sure next year to try and get more talent with the buy-in. QB, RG with Vaitai cap cut/injury, DT (replacing Brockers and maybe oft-injured Levi), LB (though Rodriguez and Barnes have a shot long-term), secondary swap outs (AO, Will Harris and Hughes are free agents), Okudah starting would be in question. And more Jameson and Chark gone most likely unless he has a big year (even then he is a FA and could cash out elsewhere). Pass rush shouldn't change much with Hutch, Harris, McNeil and Paschal) and then still have the Okwaras (hopefully healthier Romeo but he could be a cap cut if he doesn't heal/play well after injury).

The interesting part is will there still be buy-in in year 4 if there is 3 years of losing. That would be much harder to get but again would be a overhaul in some personnel by that point. Remember they got like 6 year deals.

Last edited:
A bit disappointed we didn?t get to meet more players. The only player from the ?21 draft that got any real face time was Amon-Ra. Got one or maybe two clips of Ben Johnson. No Okudah aside from a few plays at practice. Overall entertaining, guess I just wanted to see even more.

A bit disappointed we didn?t get to meet more players. The only player from the ?21 draft that got any real face time was Amon-Ra. Got one or maybe two clips of Ben Johnson. No Okudah aside from a few plays at practice. Overall entertaining, guess I just wanted to see even more.

It's always set up for fringe roster players and cuts and interaction with coaches and rookies

So Hutch, Rodriguez, Pimpleton, Eze, Blough, Craig Reynolds and the coaches got all the story time. Some of pushing Swift to be great and Jamaal Williams passion

Very little of Goff and Ben Johnson. Almost nothing much from the Oline other than Eze or Hock or the rest of the Dline or starting secondary or WRS other than Amon Ra

And of course nothing on plays or schemes. More show than substance for a reason to not give anything away

What did he do on draft day ? I must have missed it.

Alot of people just thought he looked miserable and had a bad attitude.

He touched upon that in an interview. He said he was basically partying hard the night before and didn't feel well.

He is chomping at the bit to come back but it takes times with an ACL. I hope we see him Week 7 after the bye. Comes back to practice Week 5. But most likely it will be later

He touched upon that in an interview. He said he was basically partying hard the night before and didn't feel well.

He is chomping at the bit to come back but it takes times with an ACL. I hope we see him Week 7 after the bye. Comes back to practice Week 5. But most likely it will be later

nice. One of the biggest days of his life and he gets hammered the night before and is hung over. Good decision making :cheers:

Back