Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs EMU

thewolverines24

9 PM Eastern on ESPNU. Opponent Preview:

EMU starts four transfers and have not played a D-1 team yet, so it's pretty tough to have any handle on what to expect from them. I think we can expect Emoni Bates to shoot the ball and shoot it a lot.

EMU's offense relies on ball screens and playmaking. They finished 91st in ball screen volume last year and their offensive game plan is to spread the floor out and let their playmakers operate. Last year their offense finished 330th in adjusted offensive efficiency, but there should be more options now with the upgraded roster of transfers. Their offense looks a lot like my turn, your turn. They finished 340th in assist rate last season and in their first game against D-II Wayne State they had 11 assists on 30 made baskets. That was without Bates in the lineup.

They weren't much better on defense last season, finishing 265th in adjusted efficiency. They try to over-help, pressure the ball on the perimeter, and speed up their opponent.

Keys:

Ball Screen Defense - There were signs of progress in our opener, but we will see how Michigan's defense deals with pick-and-pop threats, how it contains dribble one-on-one, and how it holds up against big shooting wings like Bates. All of those things caused problems for the defense a year ago. EMU provides an early, passable test to gauge progress.

Feed Hunter - Get him involved early and often against a team that starts a 6'8" center. He should dominate this game.

Guard Play - Llewellyn has been steady, but hasn't found much offensive aggression. Dug has been exciting, but hectic. Bufkin is starting to show some playmaking chops. How does this group fare tonight?

There's enough talent on EMU to be better than the 312th-best team KenPom is projecting. Who knows if that talent coalesces. KenPom isn't buying it and is predicting an 84-62 Michigan win.

GO BLUE!
FhS9ViPVEAAwPdj

Dug mcdaniel is so obvious on the court. He looks like a created player on 2k

Go Blue!

That said, is it so easy for the guys on both of these teams to get laid on campus that they make their hair look so ridiculous just to make it a little bit of a challenge?

Go Blue!

That said, is it so easy for the guys on both of these teams to get laid on campus that they make their hair look so ridiculous just to make it a little bit of a challenge?

First couple of years on campus is prime time to go crazy with your hair. Doesn't really matter in that time frame.

This team has less chemistry than any team ive seen since coach B started. They look out of sync.

First couple of years on campus is prime time to go crazy with your hair. Doesn't really matter in that time frame.

In the fall of 1979, if I had shown up with hair like that, I doubt I would?ve seen any action were I had to have been a scholarship athlete or not.

Go Blue!

I don't know, but the hair combined with tight short shorts is killing me.

In the fall of 1979, if I had shown up with hair like that, I doubt I would?ve seen any action were I had to have been a scholarship athlete or not.

True, but styles change. I'd probably be good now considering every young person dresses like they're from the 90s. Even though they don't know jack about the 90s.

42% from the line and 28% from 3. Have to hit the open looks in the 2nd half. They have to sell out on Hunter so guys are going to get wide open looks.

Back