Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs MSU

I don’t disagree about the schedule but this is really a subpar Msu team we should be trying to bury. Even without brooks I am very disappointed in the teams play on offense.

I don't know if anyone else caught it, but Franz definitely got hurt on the last shot of the game. Hope it's not serious, but word around the team is that he was limping to the locker room.

I don't know if anyone else caught it, but Franz definitely got hurt on the last shot of the game. Hope it's not serious, but word around the team is that he was limping to the locker room.

When it rains it pours. We just can?t catch a break. I year when there is no real favorite win it all and we have as decent a shot as any 2 of our most important players get hurt in the last regular season game. Very frustrating.

This loss left me feeling unsettled. Coach Howard better get em back on track and win the B1G tourney.

Howard said he should have an update on Brooks' status today. Hopefully we hear he's okay tomorrow.

Nothing in the Freep on Franz Wagner, so presumably he didn't suffer anything serious.

Gotta find a way to win a game without Brooks. The losses without him were in away games, so presumably we can win a game or two without him in the BTT. I guess I don't really care if we lose a 1 seed as long as we're healthy by the start of the NCAA's... on papar at least, there's not another team in the country that worries me that much (again, if we're healthy).

Healthy, I only worry about Illinois. That was not a good match-up.

Sources are saying that Eli may be available Friday

I guess we'll see

I agree with Hungry . We just don’t match up with the Illinois guards that well. We really won’t if Brooks is out. Crap I have to fill in for a guy on Friday.

This loss left me feeling unsettled. Coach Howard better get em back on track and win the B1G tourney.

Why?

I mean, I hope he does, but why say, "he better!"

Michigan was 25th or unranked coming into the season. No one predicted Michigan would have this season. They were picked 6th in the conference after finishing 10th last season

Coach Howard has done an amazing job

I'd love a BTT title, final 4, and/or a national title

I just don't get the "he better" stuff

Why?

Michigan was 25th or unranked coming into the season. No one predicted Michigan would have this season. They were picked 6th in the conference after finishing 10th last season

I didnt take his comment like that. I think he just meant to get the season back on the track it was heading. I've only watched the last 3 games of theirs and they haven't looked very good at all. Obviously they have a lot of wins so they're much better than I've seen. I'm certain he's nowhere near calling for Howard's head.

I didnt take his comment like that. I think he just meant to get the season back on the track it was heading. I've only watched the last 3 games of theirs and they haven't looked very good at all. Obviously they have a lot of wins so they're much better than I've seen. I'm certain he's nowhere near calling for Howard's head.

Thanks for the input.

We were all kinda wondering where you would be coming down on this.

Why?

Thank you for the invitation to expand on my previous post in this thread. Watching the game vs Sparty part 2 I really wasn't expecting the starts to play much. I was expecting to see them start the game, play a part of the first half and then turn it over to the bench. As it turned out the starters played pretty much the whole game. I thought their play was pretty uninspired. I understand they had already won the regular season championship, but I think the starters should play like starters, especially against their in-state rival and in their in-state rival's house. Michigan's biggest basketball rival. The chance to put up numbers and potentially knock them out of the NCAA tournament isn't going to happen very often. Even at the end of the game I was expecting them to get it together and put on a surge and take the game, but it never happened. The game kind of ended with a whimper. I don't think Sparty would have let the opportunity to put up numbers at Crisler and knock Michigan out of the NCAA tournament slip past. I found it to be a disappointing loss to a big rival. Some of that has to rest on the coach's shoulders. Coach Howard has shown that he is a great coach and has done an amazing job and deserves all the accolades he has received and will receive this year. But the team (including the coach) let the opportunity slip by and I found that disappointing. If the team plays like that tomorrow, I think they will probably not be advancing in the tournament and that will be a big disappointment after the season they have had. Teams are going to be coming after them, bringing their best games. So, I hope Coach Howard has gotten them refocused and ready to play at the high level they are capable of for the post season. If they play like they did in the second game vs Sparty, they will likely get knocked out of the postseason pretty quickly, and that will be a disappointing way to end this season. GO BLUE!

Back