Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hospitals Sued to Keep Prices Secret. They Lost.

sggatecl

Detroit City FC
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Good job Trump. :cheers:

Hospitals Sued to Keep Prices Secret. They Lost.

A federal judge has upheld a Trump administration policy that requires hospitals and health insurers to publish their negotiated prices for health services, numbers that are typically kept secret.

The policy is part of a major push by the administration to improve transparency in health care. Insurers and health providers usually negotiate deals behind closed doors, and patients rarely know the cost of services until after the fact.

Administration officials said more price transparency would lead to lower and more predictable prices in an industry that has huge ranges in what insurers pay for services. A simple blood test, for example, can cost $11 or $1,000. Coronavirus tests show a similar variation, with prices from $27 to $2,315.

But in a lawsuit, the American Hospital Association said the administration did not have the legal authority to require the publication of negotiated prices, arguing that the publication of the prices could have perverse effects. On Tuesday, the judge, Carl Nichols, disagreed.

In his decision, Judge Nichols found that the hospitals were ?attacking transparency measures generally? in a bid to limit patients? insight into medical prices.

?Hospitals may be affected by market changes and need to respond to a market where consumers are more empowered,? he wrote, stating that was not reason enough to ?make the rule unlawful.?

it took me at least a solid min to realize this was a real good job trump thread, had just assumed it was another bash trump fest thread as it so typical here at DSF form 90% of the regulars

Last edited:
wait...a "good job Trump" that isn't sarcastic? That might be a first on this board.
Yup. Good job Trump. No sarcasm.

I mean 'even a blind pig' and 'don't count your chickens' and all that, but this would be a good thing if implemented as advertised.

Eff that. I don't want to be in your stupid club.

it's not my club, it's your buddy’s club and like institutional racism in America, it's not even real. But since he's not here to initiate you, I'm stepping in for him.

Last edited:
I honestly wanted to sue my health insurance for this. Im required to get health insurance. Im required by my company to get an annual physical. Then my health insurance that says its supposed to be covered chanrges me every year for getting certain things on my blood panel. I try to explain to them i dont take out a menu and chose what my blood gets tested for....the doctors just do it. Then i go back to my doctor to tell them my insurance company charged me $1000s of dollars for my annual physical and my doctor says "hmmmp...that blood panel is only $250 total for the uninsured"!!!!! lol. Is that not price gauging or some shit?!!!

wait...a "good job Trump" that isn't sarcastic? That might be a first on this board.

It'd happen a lot more (from me at least) if the president wasn't bad at his job. Eventually there will be a real Republican in office and I won't go nearly as long in between praising him/her.

it took me at least a solid min to realize this was a real good job trump thread, had just assumed it was another bash trump fest thread as it so typical here at DSF form 90% of the regulars

That's on me, I'll include Infowars in my post next time so you believe it faster.

welcome to the billionaire bootlickers club, bitches.

I'm afraid this is just a quick cameo. Maybe in 2024 I'll join the dark side again. Time will tell.

It'd happen a lot more (from me at least) if the president wasn't bad at his job. Eventually there will be a real Republican in office and I won't go nearly as long in between praising him/her.

That's on me, I'll include Infowars in my post next time so you believe it faster.

I'm afraid this is just a quick cameo. Maybe in 2024 I'll join the dark side again. Time will tell.

All it takes is one boot, bro. Sorry, I don?t make the rules.

All it takes is one boot, bro. Sorry, I don?t make the rules.

I don?t know a single billionaire personally.

Don?t know how I would go about licking one?s boot.

And in this period of strife I?m thinking if I attempted to get close enough to a billionaire to lick their boot, I would probably be executed by a racist cop.

And I ain?t even black!

I don’t know a single billionaire personally.

Don’t know how I would go about licking one’s boot.

And in this period of strife I’m thinking if I attempted to get close enough to a billionaire to lick their boot, I would probably be executed by a racist cop.

And I ain’t even black!

sucks, right? but like I said, I don't make the rules. As I understand it, you don't have to know any billionaires or actually lick any boots, you just have to disagree with Bernie Sanders on anything.

I don't know any billionaires either. I did have a 1 minute conversation with Wilbur Ross once at an energy investor conference and I swiped his name tag off a table after he returned on his way out the door. I wore it to the office the next day for a laugh - equity analyst humor, you had to be there - it killed. And I once interviewed for a trading job and was on the desk talking to some traders about 15 seats away from Steve Cohen, the scumbag that almost bought the Mets last year. It's funny, I was being interviewed by a friend of my brother who I also became good friends with and I don't remember him asking me a single question, he just kept telling me how much he hated it there and what an a$$hole Cohen was and how he was looking for a job himself and he wouldn't in good conscience sell me on the place since he and my bro were friends.

Last edited:
sucks, right? but like I said, I don't make the rules. As I understand it, you don't have to know any billionaires or actually lick any boots, you just have to disagree with Bernie Sanders on anything.
So who did make that rule?

As it was applied here...by you. Where did you get it?

from here, as it was applied not by but to me and others. Notice, I said "as I understand it." Also notice, it's sarcasm and that even in his months long absence you can't help but try your hardest to defend MC from a totally innocuous sarcastic remark.

Last edited:
from here, as it was applied not by but to me and others. Notice, I said "as I understand it." Also notice, it's sarcasm and that even in his months long absence you can't help but try your hardest to defend MC from a totally innocuous sarcastic remark.
So that means MC?

I don't know what you think I'm trying to imply or where I'm going with this. I just didn't know where this was coming from.

I don't know any billionaires either. I did have a 1 minute conversation with Wilbur Ross once at an energy investor conference and I swiped his name tag off a table after he returned on his way out the door. I wore it to the office the next day for a laugh - equity analyst humor, you had to be there - it killed. And I once interviewed for a trading job and was on the desk talking to some traders about 15 seats away from Steve Cohen, the scumbag that almost bought the Mets last year. It's funny, I was being interviewed by a friend of my brother who I also became good friends with and I don't remember him asking me a single question, he just kept telling me how much he hated it there and what an a$$hole Cohen was and how he was looking for a job himself and he wouldn't in good conscience sell me on the place since he and my bro were friends.

Yeah, I get it.

Back