Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hutch Heisman Finalist

David Pollock was a monster in college. I'm not sure if he got votes for Heisman or not but he's 3rd on the career sacks list iirc.

There was an FSU LB named Brooks who was dominating, too. *looks up online* Derrick Brooks. He was Heisman-worthy, too.

My chiropractor who is huge sports guy (played college baseball)
Think Hurch deserves it. But we also know how unlikely it is

PS he loved what we did to Ohio st

Hutch gets the Lombardi!

Aiden.png

My chiropractor who is huge sports guy (played college baseball)
Think Hurch deserves it. But we also know how unlikely it is

PS he loved what we did to Ohio st

Does your chiropractor try to sell you miracle tonics as well? :cheers:

I?ve been seeing Chiros since I was a boy and I swear by them. It?s been around as a discipline for more that 120 years for a reason.

A discipline? Alrighty then. To each their own, but you might want to read about the history of how chiropractic was started. It was pure quackery and it really hasn't changed. The original ?big idea? of chiropractic was that nearly any health problem can be cured by spinal manipulation, which is complete nonsense.

Chiro may offer a slight alleviation of lower back pain and a placebo effect. Other than that, there's no evidence of it being a meaningful treatment.

Last edited:
iF I may offer my modest opinion... I also agree it's quackery.

I also know someone who had to be rushed to the ER for life saving surgery after a visit to a chiropractor resulted in her neck swelling up & obstructing her windpipe.

A discipline? Alrighty then. To each their own, but you might want to read about the history of how chiropractic was started. It was pure quackery and it really hasn't changed. The original ?big idea? of chiropractic was that nearly any health problem can be cured by spinal manipulation, which is complete nonsense.

No idea what you history you are referring to. The first chiropractic adjustment in 1895 restored the hearing of the patient. The man who adjusted him established the initial School of Chiropractic in Iowa, which still exists today.

Chiro may offer a slight alleviation of lower back pain and a placebo effect. Other than that, there's no evidence of it being a meaningful treatment.

I can attest to its effectiveness and I have the x-rays and the improvements as evidence, and I am thoroughly convinced that your opinion of it is second-hand.

No idea what you history you are referring to. The first chiropractic adjustment in 1895 restored the hearing of the patient. The man who adjusted him established the initial School of Chiropractic in Iowa, which still exists today.

I can attest to its effectiveness and I have the x-rays and the improvements as evidence, and I am thoroughly convinced that your opinion of it is second-hand.

Spinal manipulation is not an effective treatment for hearing loss, let alone curing deafness. Chiropractic cannot cure deafness. I believe that story as much as I believe Paul Bunyan A Very Tall Tale is non-fiction.

To each their own though. I guess if I had been getting treatment for 30 years, I'd ask myself why I'm still getting treatment for something I started treating as a kid. Doesn't seem successful to me, but that's just my mentality.

It's not just my opinion either. There's good reason that zero medical associations recognize chiropractic as a proper form of medical treatment. That's why chiropractors are not doctors and can never be doctors.

Last edited:
Spinal manipulation is not an effective treatment for hearing loss, let alone curing deafness. Chiropractic cannot cure deafness. I believe that story as much as I believe Paul Bunyan A Very Tall Tale is non-fiction.

To each their own though. I guess if I had been getting treatment for 30 years, I'd ask myself why I'm still getting treatment for something I started treating as a kid. Doesn't seem successful to me, but that's just my mentality.

It's not just my opinion either. There's good reason that zero medical associations recognize chiropractic as a proper form of medical treatment. That's why chiropractors are not doctors and can never be doctors.

Most have a PhD, so they are "doctors"...just not medical doctors.

I am glad to see Hutch getting some recognition. Hassan also deserves some recognition. I think the Heisman is a sham. Claims to recognize the best player in college football. Nonsense! It's a hype and who has the better hype machine. A QB is no better than his offensive line. Same for a running back. The linemen have no chance at winning it. And the list of defensive players that deserved consideration is long. It is nice that Hutch is getting the recognition, but if he is not selected it doesn't diminish his greatness as a player in the least.

In my opinion, the only player that deserved to be recognized as the best player the year he received the Heisman was Woodson. He played both sides of the ball, and returned punts, and scored touchdowns. Unless a player does this, then he is not the best player and doesn't deserve to be recognized as such. The Heisman should only be given when there is a player like Woodson playing the game.

Now you are ?twisting? my statement.

Your ?mentality?. Based on what? Never mind.

I?ve been treated for more like 58 years, and there?s many different reasons why to seek Chiropractic care, just like there is for seeing a general practitioner. Like getting in car wrecks, flying head-first into the end boards, flipping over your bike, or just for general maintenance due to normal wear and tear. And with apparently ?zero? experience as a patient, I wonder how you can comment on its effectiveness one way or another.

In the US and in other countries throughout the world, they are Doctors of Chiropractic, and not medical doctors. But they aren?t studying to be MDs.

You are not properly informed on this topic in regards to medical associations, as well. It?s an apples-to-meteors comparison.

Link

Notice that this article from Web MD makes no value judgements.

Link.

My family doctor was a DO, and he was the one who introduced me to chiropractic adjustment when I was around six years old.

Being a doctor of Chiropractic means nothing. It's a pseudoscience. Basically like being a doctor of tonic waters.

So you've had to see a chiropractor for 58 years and you're still going? Anyone who introduces a six year old to spinal adjustment is a bit of a lunatic. Maybe going so young is why are still going after 58 years.

Here's a primer from a site that is based on medical peer reviews and scientific studies:

Chiropractic was defined by D.D. Palmer as ?a science of healing without drugs.? About 60,000 chiropractors currently practice in North America, and, worldwide, billions are spent each year for their services. This article attempts to critically evaluate chiropractic. The specific topics include the history of chiropractic; the internal conflicts within the profession; the concepts of chiropractic, particularly those of subluxation and spinal manipulation; chiropractic practice and research; and the efficacy, safety, and cost of chiropractic. A narrative review of selected articles from the published chiropractic literature was performed. For the assessment of efficacy, safety, and cost, the evaluation relied on previously published systematic reviews. Chiropractic is rooted in mystical concepts. This led to an internal conflict within the chiropractic profession, which continues today. Currently, there are two types of chiropractors: those religiously adhering to the gospel of its founding fathers and those open to change. The core concepts of chiropractic, subluxation and spinal manipulation, are not based on sound science. Back and neck pain are the domains of chiropractic but many chiropractors treat conditions other than musculoskeletal problems. With the possible exception of back pain, chiropractic spinal manipulation has not been shown to be effective for any medical condition. Manipulation is associated with frequent mild adverse effects and with serious complications of unknown incidence. Its cost-effectiveness has not been demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt. The concepts of chiropractic are not based on solid science and its therapeutic value has not been demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S088539240700783X

My final say on the topic. Done casting pearls, save for this:

Aidan Hutchinson, from the Detroit News: 8/22/2017

?He [his father Chris] is an ER doctor at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak,? Aidan said. ?I have the same interests as him, something in the sciences, interested in being a chiropractor.?

Ironic, yes?

The Red Wings have a team chiropractor. So do the Detroit Lions, as does every team in the NFL.

Last edited:

Don?t tell me, let me guess ? the adjustment caused the patient to move his arms, there by removing his thumbs from his own ears?

I only went to a chiropractor once. The chiropractor told me that I had to stop masturbating. I asked ?why??

?Because I can?t do the adjustment until you stop.?

My final say on the topic. Done casting pearls, save for this:

Aidan Hutchinson, from the Detroit News: 8/22/2017

?He [his father Chris] is an ER doctor at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak,? Aidan said. ?I have the same interests as him, something in the sciences, interested in being a chiropractor.?

Ironic, yes?

The Red Wings have a team chiropractor. So do the Detroit Lions, as does every team in the NFL.

It really doesn?t seem to have helped the Lions hear the signal calling any better.

i only go once in a while and he doesn't sell anything

I had a head tilt for many years and he got it back straight (all my pictures you see the tilt)

a lot of what they do I think is similar to massage - essentially unknotting some stuff

Last edited:
Back