Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

INGE Released!

lulz....

“I already told (Tigers pitching coach) Jeff Jones that,” he said. “The day someone says I can’t hit no more, I’m going to go pitch.”

That day has come Brandon.....

I wonder if he remembers any of these quotes when he's batting below the Mendoza line?

http://www.freep.com/article/201204...-s-athletics?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Detroit Tigers
Brandon Inge to play for A's tonight; says he was close to asking for release anyway.
from the freep

?To be honest, in a couple days, I was probably going to go in there and ask them if I could weigh my options and try to get out of there and find a better team that would better suit me for my career,? he said. ?This is the strongest I?ve been -- which is kind of crazy. ? So I?m excited about the strength and power that?s there. Now it?s a matter of when I get the at-bats so I?ll be able to really see what I can do.?
signed Inge.

unf'nbelieveable

This guy really should learn the saying "no comment". I think he is playing a character, like in WWE.

http://www.freep.com/article/201204...-s-athletics?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Detroit Tigers
Brandon Inge to play for A's tonight; says he was close to asking for release anyway.
from the freep

?To be honest, in a couple days, I was probably going to go in there and ask them if I could weigh my options and try to get out of there and find a better team that would better suit me for my career,? he said. ?This is the strongest I?ve been -- which is kind of crazy. ? So I?m excited about the strength and power that?s there. Now it?s a matter of when I get the at-bats so I?ll be able to really see what I can do.?
signed Inge.

unf'nbelieveable

Somebody over on motownsports joked about which Inge Oakland was getting, the over-the-hill can't hit, error prone infielder, or the legend he became in his own mind.

I guess we know the answer to that one.

To put into perspective how bad these Tigers are hitting.

For the 12 seasons that Inge played in Detroit

.234/.304/.691

Higher OPS than all every day players with the exception of Greene.

To put into perspective how bad these Tigers are hitting.

For the 12 seasons that Inge played in Detroit

.234/.304/.691

Higher OPS than all every day players with the exception of Greene.

I guess they could bring him back?

Maybe?

Back