Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

INGE Released!

Its been sort of mentioned in the past few days but I think they need a new hitting coach.

http://storify.com/matthewbmowery/b...&utm_source=t.co&utm_content=storify-pingback

how could such a shitty player be loved by such a large section of the fanbase? i love that he did great things for the community, but that has nothing to do with his on-field performance.

Sme people just don't get it, bro. Hell, it took a long time for the Tigers to finally realize they were sick of Inge's garbage play.

This bum (Inge) will be forgotten before we know it. Thank Christmas!!!

Last edited:
"What I have had, 20 at-bats?" Inge said today. "I showed power. But average and consistency isn’t going to be there unless I’m in there every day. I wish I could have gotten about two weeks where I had been there every day for every inning -- see what you can do.”

This is why he had to go.... He always meant well but damn, get a clue.

As I suggested yesterday in post #31 of this thread. LOL.. oh I have little doubt it will end up being MINN

:lmao:

My guess is he'll go to a NL team, where utility players have more value.

Of course, knowing the Ego of Inge, he'll insist on an AL club so he can try to get a starting spot, rather than a bench role.

Cringe is a career .144 hitter in Oakland.
He has two home runs in 125 at bats at the McAfee Coliseum.

So if he happens to get any hits off us or makes a good play when we play OAK, we paid for that. that's going to be depressing.

http://www.freep.com/article/201204...-s-athletics?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Detroit Tigers
Brandon Inge to play for A's tonight; says he was close to asking for release anyway.
from the freep

?To be honest, in a couple days, I was probably going to go in there and ask them if I could weigh my options and try to get out of there and find a better team that would better suit me for my career,? he said. ?This is the strongest I?ve been -- which is kind of crazy. ? So I?m excited about the strength and power that?s there. Now it?s a matter of when I get the at-bats so I?ll be able to really see what I can do.?
signed Inge.

unf'nbelieveable

I call bullshit.

Wouldn't he have had to ask to void the remainder of his contract to be released as a FA?

Just give up something like 5.1 million?

http://www.freep.com/article/201204...-s-athletics?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Detroit Tigers
Brandon Inge to play for A's tonight; says he was close to asking for release anyway.
from the freep

?To be honest, in a couple days, I was probably going to go in there and ask them if I could weigh my options and try to get out of there and find a better team that would better suit me for my career,? he said. ?This is the strongest I?ve been -- which is kind of crazy. ? So I?m excited about the strength and power that?s there. Now it?s a matter of when I get the at-bats so I?ll be able to really see what I can do.?
signed Inge.

unf'nbelieveable

No way, no how....i'm not falling for that one. lol

Back