Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

INGE Released!

OJBY0.jpg

Now the tigers have one less anemic-hitting second baseman

It wouldn't surprise me to see a NL team pick him up for league minimum. He can still be a capable glove man off the bench for somebody. Lets not forget that Adam Everett had a job for many years in this league. In fact, the Tigers employed him when he might have had the worst everyday bat in the majors.

They can have him. Bat him 8 in front of the pitcher. The NL will learn to not throw anything close and he'll get himself out..

He's going to get picked up for sure.

Because any other team only pays him peanuts, whether or not he can stay on a team, may be another story.

Amazing that Inge would accept a role as role player for another team but not as a Tiger.

For me this is the second best news I got today.

For our Tigers, I hope that it helps the team....You just don't know what is really said or thought by the players in the clubhouse. They hear the interviews from cringe and read some of the stuff he has said, about how he is being pitched to like babe Ruth, doesn't care that he strikes out, gets good swings on the ball, flick the wrist.....It's finally over.

For our Tigers, I hope that it helps the team....You just don't know what is really said or thought by the players in the clubhouse. They hear the interviews from cringe and read some of the stuff he has said, about how he is being pitched to like babe Ruth, doesn't care that he strikes out, gets good swings on the ball, flick the wrist.....It's finally over.

I mean this will help the team. Whoever replaces him will surely be a better hitter. That said, the guy was a utility player at this point, so how many at bats are we really improving? 100-200? That's good but I'm not expecting any drastic changes.

What was the first?

Good news about your mother I hope?

I mean this will help the team. Whoever replaces him will surely be a better hitter. That said, the guy was a utility player at this point, so how many at bats are we really improving? 100-200? That's good but I'm not expecting any drastic changes.

I think it will help the Tigers most of all, because it's 1 less HUGE distraction.

The Inge Saga comes to an end, and we can stop focusing on it. (after the obligatory weeks worth of celebration mind you...)

Well, it was long overdue. Goodbye Inge. No hard feelings, n ot going to dance on his grave, he was a decent player for a few years, but just didn't have it for the last few years. He did not belong in the majors any more.

There is no emotion on this team right now... Team chemistry seems strange with this group....

I've been wondering if they are missing Victor's presence in the clubhouse. That guy brings more to the team than his bat.

I've been wondering if they are missing Victor's presence in the clubhouse. That guy brings more to the team than his bat.

Yeah I think you are right... Victor had a presence to him plus he could work a pitcher...

Back