Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Maybe I need to use this argument to attack the CENSORSHIP of the Big Ten Network from my local basic cable package.

First they came for the BTN...

Last edited:
There are several reasons for this war against Jones and infowars. One is: he rallied untold numbers of “deplorables” and helped elect Donald Trump.

Another is: over and over, he has described the differences between nationalism and globalism—and he favors nationalism, in particular for America.

The tech giants/social media who are aligned against him ARE CORPORATIONS. Therefore, they can ban Jones and not face the raft of rules they would have to deal with if they were public utilities.

However, there is no doubt these corporations are colluding in restraint of trade, to invoke an old phrase pertaining to trusts and monopolies. They are waging a COORDINATED COLLABORATIVE war against Jones.

In fact, several years ago, major news giants approached social media giants and pleaded for help. The news businesses were fading further into the background. They needed Facebook, for example, to feature their coverage of the news.

The dark side of this collusion was and is: put big alt.-news operations out of business. Delist them. De-platform them. Delete them.

And so it has been happening, and it is escalating now.

Here is where the free-speech angle enters the scene: suppose a member of a favored minority (fill in that blank yourself) launched a podcast mercilessly attacking “traditional American values” and those Americans who support those values. Would Facebook or You Tube lift a finger to stop them? No? Then why attack Alex Jones?

The answer is simple.

This issue is not about Jones engaging in “hate speech” or “violating community standards.”

It’s about whose speech and ideas are favored and whose are opposed.

The solution and the response to the war on Jones (or any number of other so-called conservatives) is: GO DIRECTLY TO THEIR SITES AND BLOGS. DON’T USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO GET THERE.

Go direct.

https://www.infowars.com/the-war-to-destroy-alex-jones-part-one/

INFOWARS OFFICIAL APP JUMPS TO NUMBER 4 — DOMINATES CNN, NYT, ABC
Attempts to censor us backfire as Streisand effect kicks in

Last edited:
The solution and the response to the war on Jones (or any number of other so-called conservatives) is: GO DIRECTLY TO THEIR SITES AND BLOGS. DON?T USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO GET THERE.

Go direct.

https://www.infowars.com/the-war-to-destroy-alex-jones-part-one/

INFOWARS OFFICIAL APP JUMPS TO NUMBER 4 ? DOMINATES CNN, NYT, ABC
Attempts to censor us backfire as Streisand effect kicks in

Um, yeah...seems someone has been making that point pretty much this entire thread...oh, hold on; wait a minute...

That's right - it's been me.

The dark side of this collusion was and is: put big alt.-news operations out of business. Delist them. De-platform them. Delete them.

And so it has been happening, and it is escalating now.

That would mean back in the day, big alt.-news operations used to be much bigger. I don't think that's true.

I no longer have any use for Youtube other than Music, I choose to use Youtube for Music and that is it.

Was it wrong when Amazon stopped selling books that attempted to justify and get people get away with pedophilia?
There's at least a bit of a "ledge" in your slippery slope here: the 1st Amendment doesn't protect criminal acts, or advocacy of criminal acts.

And while yes, the government has the authority to declare anything it doesn't like a crime, something like this which is a crime against people, and even worse a crime against innocent minors, is not really an example of government overreach.

Just because you sell or distribute speech doesn't mean you are obligated to distribute all garbage. You can't make a baker bake a pro-Nazi cake and you can't make Facebook distribute bullshit about white genocide, weather based weapons, anti-vax nonsense, or Sandy Hook hoax stories.

No, but there are solid grounds to find that google and facebook are essentially monopolies, or close to them. and they control significant amounts of the informational flow the public can access, and therefore they should be broken up, and/or regulated like public utilities are.

After banning Alex Jones' show, some Conservatives - who hypocritically didn't give a shit when google and facebook were doing this to left wing content - are finally coming around to this view.

Holy crap I agree with Michchamp on something. Did I just enter the twilight zone?

Why not just go to infowars site itself ? What’s the big deal companies ban users all the time . Now if infowars was a creditable site I doubt this would happen. But they are not Credible at all. Maybe companies are hearing from their users that they are tired of being lied too. So maybe that is why Self-promoter, and known Liar Alex Jones was shutdown. I dropped my Facebook use down a long time ago and only really use YouTube and never for politics. I never use twitter. I do not want to use a site that lets a president lie non-stop to the American people.
This will probably backfire and make that asshole Jones more popular unfortunately. Wasn’t he dropped because he violated the terms of usage .. Again what’s the big deal. These sites ban users all the time. Again I want to say This is a dumb thing to do. They should just let Jones stay on and bury himself with his stupid hate filled Rhetoric and conspiracy Theories. This is just gonna make him more popular and make Gullible people go to Site and buy his crap he is selling.

Last edited:
Why not just go to infowars site itself ? What?s the big deal companies ban users all the time . Now if infowars was a creditable site I doubt this would happen. But they are not Credible at all. Maybe companies are hearing from their users that they are tired of being lied too. So maybe that is why Self-promoter, and known Liar Alex Jones was shutdown. I dropped my Facebook use down a long time ago and only really use YouTube and never for politics. I never use twitter. I do not want to use a site that lets a president lie non-stop to the American people.
This will probably backfire and make that asshole Jones more popular unfortunately. Wasn?t he dropped because he violated the terms of usage .. Again what?s the big deal. These sites ban users all the time.

Your first sentence is brilliant-why did nobody on this thread think of that before?

Alex Jones has not been shut down - he got booted from Facebook - who cares?

Yes, a person can still go to Infowars directly if they want to.

And yes, in the immortal words of PT Barnum - there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Traffic to Infowars will probably spike a little because of this.

Back